The Dream, Part Two

The Dream, Part Two

A Chapter by Thomas Reilly Thornhill
"

Nero's adventure into the mind of a madman

"

The Dream, Part Two

 

I had been here once before. Rain was beating down on my face and I stood surrounded in a thick grey sheet of transparent fog that seeped feelings of a bitter loneliness and a blank existence into the pores of my soul. As though a singular cloud had been thrown outcast from his world and oppressed its inner hatred upon as much of the bare land as it could. I was in a frantic state of panic.


I had to be somewhere, but my memory failed me. The unsettling urge to move had pushed me so far that I had but one choice. I tried to clear the depressing shadow that seemed evermore, as I paced, to be following me. My arms felt as though they were bound but there were no visible signs of rope or wire.


As I ventured further through the mist I found myself in a graveyard. I had no idea why I was here but I knew, without a doubt, that I would find my answers here. Almost as though an invisible force was guiding me I landed in front of a very well crafted piece of masonry. The suspense of finding out why I was here was almost leaving me to the point of vomiting.


I peered at the name on the small stone sign and what I read left me with the urge to peel out my eyes and extract the part of my brain that contained the memory of her. I wanted to die.


The steady stream of tears flowing from my eyes gladly blurred my vision. I couldn’t relieve myself from the warm hands of grief that so eagerly led me here. I had felt this before, the last time I was here. No one feeling or vile concoction of emotions could be as fatally hurtful as this.


I was crying so hard that I began to cough and choke. My mind was lost with one string of words and one name but the insistent water pouring down my face and the collapsing of my lungs made it impossible to stay focused. Drenched in the knowledge that I had found a lie and possessed the inability to undo time I fell further down the abyss of the truth. I wanted death to take me and guide me to absolution.

But not surprisingly death didn’t want me, I wasn’t worth his time. After clearing this thought in my mind I stood up with an uncertainty in my legs and I set off into the gloom in search for the entrance to Hell.


© 2012 Thomas Reilly Thornhill


Author's Note

Thomas Reilly Thornhill
And again, If there is any problems with it let me know, if there isnt any please let me know lol

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Have I missed who's name is written on the gravestone, or did you not mention it? (or am I just being an idiot.) impressive.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Thomas Reilly Thornhill

11 Years Ago

The name has not been announced. The Dreams run as a separate story line that will be tied together .. read more
Tai Ryens

11 Years Ago

Hm . . . I have assumptions to how it will end, but they would serve better kept to myself . . .
Thomas Reilly Thornhill

11 Years Ago

Most likely... I doubt you could guess whats happening
this was a really nice write! I like your imagery in this, particularly in the second paragraph.

Well done mate :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Thomas Reilly Thornhill

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much :D
"I couldn’t relieve myself from the warm hands of grief that so eagerly led me here. "

marvelous line!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Thomas Reilly Thornhill

11 Years Ago

Thank you
wow... he wanted death to come for him and death was like at MY leisure...awesome

Posted 11 Years Ago


i love this chapter. i love the descriptions and imagery and the ending was fantastic. great job once again!!! :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Thomas Reilly Thornhill

11 Years Ago

Thank you :D I'm glad to hear it
I like this chapter. Death come when he desired.
"Drenched in the knowledge that I had found a lie and possessed the inability to undo time I fell further down the abyss of the truth."
I like the way you ended this chapter. Thank you for the excellent chapter.
Coyote

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Interesting. I still need to read a bit more, but this seems promising!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love the last sentence. Though one big thing here is you may want to consider splitting up your paragraphs a bit. Past that well done!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Thomas Reilly Thornhill

11 Years Ago

Thank you I'm glad you like and would be happy to hear what you think of the other chapters too :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

538 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 21, 2012
Last Updated on July 23, 2012
Tags: insanity, murder, loss, love


Author

Thomas Reilly Thornhill
Thomas Reilly Thornhill

Glasgow, strathclyde, United Kingdom



About
I suffer from a multiple personality disorder. It had been a major setback most of my younger life but Ive found that I enjoy collaborating my writing with my other me´s. Ive been told its actua.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Yin Yang Yin Yang

A Poem by Redboy