Meet the Princess

Meet the Princess

A Chapter by Kire
"

Chapter 4

"

 

          Hyrule field was filled with different grasses and a few trees. The sun shone brightly and a calm wind blew gently across the open area. Taria and Link walked along the dirt path across the field in silence. Clouds began to slowly drift by and Taria finally plucked up some courage to say something.
“So, uh... when we find that princess she’s gonna help us get Mayu and Ardic back huh?” she said.
“I guess so.” Link said.
          Taria stopped suddenly and grabbed Link’s arm. He looked back at her and saw her face full of shock.
“What’s wrong?” Link asked.
“I can feel an evil presence over there.” Taria answered.
“Evil presence?” Link said confused.
          Taria nodded as her knees became wobbly. She bit her lip and straightened up.
“This way.” She said leading Link off the path towards the near-by stream.
          They walked along the edge of the stream until they saw the boar monsters pacing across the path.
“You were right.” Link whispered, “There they are.”
“We have to get to the Castle, which is along that path...” Taria said, “Or...”
          Taria grabbed Link’s arm again and dragged him along up the stream and out of the boar monster’s view.  Taria let go of Link’s arm and they continued to follow the stream.
“We’ll hit the Castle if we keep following the stream right?” Taria asked.
“I think so.” Link answered.
“Okay good, we don’t need the path then.” Taria said.
          They walked for a while along the stream. Stopping every so often for a break from the sun. They also had to stop to give Taria’s ‘sense’ a rest.
“Any around?” Link asked.
“A few... but they’re a little ways away from us.” Taria answered.
          Taria froze, and then looked around in a panic. Link looked confused as Taria jumped to her feet.
“We’re surrounded!” Taria said.
“What?!” Link said jumped up from his sitting position, grabbing his sword.
“Too many put it away!” Taria said looking around, “One way out! This way!”
          Taria ran off across the stream, Link following. They ran until they came across a flight of stairs that seemed to be carved from rock that lead upward. They ran up the stairs and found themselves in a village. It had a large windmill near the other end of the village and some houses.
          They ran through the village. Taria went to turn a corner around a house and ran into a girl in a cloak.
“I’m sorry!” Taria said getting up quickly and starting to dash away.
          The girl grabbed Taria’s wrist and looked up at her with big blue eyes.
“Come with me.” Was all the girl said before leading them to a house just beside the windmill.
          Upon entering the house screams could be heard outside. The girl quickly shut the door and locked it.
“What’s happening?” Taria asked.
“The village has just been attacked.” The girl said lowering her hood to reveal long blonde hair, “Tell me. Why are you being pursued?”    
          Link and Taria looked at each other then told the girl what had happened to their village and what the Deku Tree had told them.
“I see, so you are the next in line to save Hyrule...” the girl said with a smile, “Well I might as well introduce myself, I am the Princess of Hyrule. My name is Zelda.”
“You’re the one we’ve been looking for!” Taria said.
“Shh!” Zelda said looking to the door.
“They’re outside!” Taria whispered.
“So you have the ‘sense’... alright you can carry out this mission...” Zelda said moving a rug and opening a trap door, “Follow this path it will lead you to the place where the power to overcome this sleeps... please, save Hyrule!”
          Link climbed in first with a lantern. Then Taria descended.
“Taria...” Zelda said stopping her quickly.
“Yes?” Taria asked.
“Take this.” Zelda said handing her a small ocarina, “With it you can control the many elements of this world.”
          Taria nodded and took the ocarina. The door burst open just as the trap door closed. Taria climbed down quickly.
“We have to hurry they might have seen the door.” Taria said.
“Got it.” Link said and they ran down the rock corridor.
***
          Zelda stood on top of the trap door as the boar monsters looked around the place. She had managed to place the rug on top before they had seen her or the door. Then, a man came through the door. A man surrounded with evil. Red hair, black armour... he was the one Taria and Link had described before, Ganon.
“Where are they?” Ganon ordered.
“Where are who?” Zelda asked.
“Do not play dumb with me girl, I know you hid the remaining two here.” Ganon said, “They played dead for a while but ‘they’ sensed them.”
“‘They’?” Zelda asked.
          A girl and boy walked in. The girl had blonde hair that was almost white in color and wore red armour while the boy had darker hair that was somewhat messy, he wore deep blue armour.
“They are the other blessed ones!” Zelda exclaimed then covered her mouth.
“So they were here.” Ganon said grinning, “Stop protecting them and tell me where they went.”
“I won’t tell you!” Zelda said then looked to the other two, “You’re friends are safe, don’t worry.”
“Miss... please tell us... where did they go?” the girl asked.
“We are very worried about them... can you please tell us where they went?” the boy said.
“Yes, tell them, where their friends went to.” Ganon said.
“What did you do to the blessed ones?!” Zelda gasped.
          The girl and boy smiled and their eyes glinted crimson.
***
“There’s a light up ahead!” Link said after a long while of walking.
“I see it I see it!” Taria said happily.
          They emerged into a large cathedral type building with large stone doors.
“Where are we?” Link asked.
“In the Temple of Time.”
“Who’s there?!” Taria asked.
          A man in orange robes appeared in front of them. Link drew his sword but Taria pushed his sword arm down and walked towards the man.
“Rauru. Right?” Taria asked.
“How did you know?” Rauru asked.
“I...saw you in my dreams...” Taria answered.
“Ah, so you two have come.” Rauru said, “Come... I will give you the power you need.”
          Rauru seemed to float off towards the stone door at the other end of the hall. He then passed through the door.
“H-H-He’s a-a-a-a-a!” Taria freaked.
“Taria get over your fear!” Link said feeling the door, “Rauru we cannot pass through the door like you can!”
“Them open the door.” His voice rang.
“How?” Taria asked.
“You have the key in your pocket.” Rauru said.
“Key?” Link asked looking at her.
          Taria pulled out the ocarina from her pocket. She looked around; there were music notes along some of the walls.
“This is the key.” Taria said, “This ocarina and those notes!”
          Taria ran over to a place where the notes were not completely worn and took a deep breath. She played the tune on the wall. The ocarinas sound was peaceful and the song ancient. Soon the stone doors flew open and Rauru stood smiling.
“You played the ‘Song of Time’ nicely.” He said, “It was played once two hundred years ago to open these doors, and now it opened them yet again.”
“Two hundred years ago?” Taria asked.
“Come quickly! The power you need awaits you in here.” Rauru said floating into the large room in the back.
          They followed Rauru into the room. It was quite large with one window and in the middle a stone pedestal and a sword.
“You young sir, must pull that sword.” Rauru said to Link.
“Me?” Link asked.
“Yes, you. You are the reincarnation of the legendry Hero of Time.” Rauru said.
“M-Me?” Link asked again.
“Hurry up Link!” Taria said, “We don’t have time for this!”
“Okay!” Link said walking up to the sword.
          He took a deep breath and grabbed the hilt. With a mighty tug he pulled it out of the pedestal. A large blue ring of light encircled Link and the sword and they vanished but the light remained.
 “Where did he go?!” Taria asked looking for Rauru, “Rauru?! Rauru?!?!”
          Then someone pushed Taria from behind and she vanished into the light as well.
“See you in seven years.”


© 2008 Kire


Author's Note

Kire
?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

377 Views
Added on August 13, 2008


Author

Kire
Kire

Prince Albert, Canada



About
I love making AMVs. I throw them on Youtube alot or Veoh depending. more..

Writing
Turning of Age Turning of Age

A Chapter by Kire