Chapter 3: “The Unforgotten Smile”

Chapter 3: “The Unforgotten Smile”

A Chapter by Kirisaki Maikeru

I begin to get ready to go to school, I met up with Krishna at the usual convenience store and she began the conversation about what happened the night that Kate and I go home together because her house is in the same block with me. “So John, what happened last night?” as she asked me with full of curiosity. “Nothing really, we only had a short conversation.” As I replied to her question. “Oooh!! All of romantic love stories begin at a short conversation.” As she replied to me while teasing me. “What?! It’s not what it looks like.” As I deny her statement to me. “Hahahahahaha!! I was just joking!” as she replied to me laughing. “Don’t ever do that again! You almost gave me a heart attack!” as I said to her to never do that again. As we arrive at the school, Zeke and Kate are there already waiting for us as they greeted us. “Good Morning John and Krishna!” as Zeke and Kate both greeted us. “Good Morning! Zeke and Kate.” As we replied to their greeting. Our class starts and Kate sends me a note that said “Trevor accepted that he’ll be the keyboardist.” In my mind I was full of happiness that our band is finally complete but as I focused on the class. I cannot forget her smile that night, it’s the first time that I saw such a beautiful smile and as I saw her smile, I felt like I was in a some sort of fairy tale and time slows down whenever I’m with her. After the class our adviser announced that we will perform next week as part of our projects and the lead performer will be the 1st-3rd ranked performer in our class and that’s me, Zeke, and Krishna. The three of us will perform in the performance hall in front of the whole school for the opening of the first school assembly. I was nervous at first but I realized that I have my goals and in order to be the #1 elite of the elite ten performers in East High Music Academy I need to show my skills as a performer and that’s why the song I picked that I will perform next week a song entitled “Perfect”. Kate approached me and said “Good Luck to your performance next week.” She said to me. As I heard that she cheered me on, I was full of motivation and spirit to perform next week that’s why I already picked the weekend to practice the song. After 2 subjects has past and it’s already lunch time all of us ate in the cafeteria while discussing the band’s first rehearsal and suddenly another member has been added, her name is “Lea” the 12th ranked in our class and he will play the bass and as our band meeting started the first rehearsal has been set and it will be on Tuesday next month after class. As the class has ended and we began to go home, as I started to go home then something slipped my mind, that I need to buy ingredients for our dinner tonight and as I rushed back to the grocery store and as I was buying the ingredients, I saw Krishna buying ingredients and I approached her and said “Hey Krishna, buying ingredients for dinner?” I asked. “Yeah, I forgot about it and I rushed here to buy some” she replied. We talked as we buy the ingredients that we needed and we depart when we finished picking up the ingredients that we needed and I rushed back to my house and as I returned to my house and finished preparing dinner, I hurried back to my room to practice and prepare for the opening of the first school assembly and I was done practicing and when I looked at the time it was already 12:00 midnight, as I was getting ready to go to bed, I said to myself that “I will never let anything distract me, I will not let my emotions get the best of me this time.” As I promised myself before going to bed. The promise that I made to myself will it be broken or fulfilled? As I can’t forget about her smile that day, a smile that can just captivate my heart and maybe to make me fall in love for the first time ever. That smile is truly an “Unforgotten Smile”. 



© 2017 Kirisaki Maikeru


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on November 28, 2017
Last Updated on November 28, 2017


Author

Kirisaki Maikeru
Kirisaki Maikeru

Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines



About
I'm an 17 year old who is a beginner at writing stories but I hope you like my stories more..

Writing