Chapter 4: “A Destiny’s Call”

Chapter 4: “A Destiny’s Call”

A Chapter by Kirisaki Maikeru

It’s Saturday in the morning, as I was practicing for my big performance in 2 days. I took a short break since I start practicing the song 5 am in the morning since I haven’t ate breakfast yet I was preparing my breakfast since I lived alone and my mom is out of the country doing work and she just comes home when there is an  occasion, as I ate my breakfast I go back in my room to practice my performance in order to make an impact and for them to notice my skills as a performer and while I’m practicing, I received a message from my old classmates that each of them formed their own band and their going to enter “The Battle of the Bands” this coming August and one of them is recruiting me as their lead vocalist but I turned it down since I’m already in a band the “Academy Of Rock” and since I know them well and spend a lot of time with my old classmates I know what they’re capable of and it will never be easy to beat them so there I was thinking that we should move our rehearsals Wednesday next week since our opponents are the top elites of the East High Music Academy last year and since they moved to exclusive music academy their skills must have grown and now they’re completely monsters as we speak their skills surpasses our greatest imagination they can be considered professional performer’s now, there I was realized that I should stop thinking and just practice my performance and said to myself  “Focus on what matters the most and what I can do to bring my band to victory and that is to grow as a performer and hone my skills even more.” As I motivate myself while practicing. My practice session is over since its past noon already and I need to take a break once in a while, while I was taking my break I received a phone call and when I answered that phone call, I was shocked when I heard the voice, it was Kate that called me and she asked. “Hey John, Are you busy?” she asked me. “Hi Kate, Nope I was just taking a break from practicing.” I replied. “I was just wondering if I can be a help to the band.” She said quietly. “Huh? Of course you can be a help to the band. We need you Kate.” I replied encouraging her. “It’s just that I don’t think highly of my skills.” She said with a sad voice. “Kate, you’re very talented that’s why we need you because you will be a big help in the band and don’t ever doubt your skills because I heard your singing and your voice was really beautiful that it put me to tears and it’s like I’m in a cruise sailing in the ocean.” I said. “Thanks, but I’m sorry if I’m like this I don’t really understand myself.” Kate said. “Why is that?” I asked. “I’m sorry I can’t tell you right now but I will tell you soon.” Kate replied. “Okay Kate but never forget that I’m always here for you, I’m always ready to listen to your problems and help you with them, because that’s what friends do.” I cheerfully said. “Thanks John, I’m sorry if I took your time, I just need someone to listen to me.” Kate said. “It’s okay Kate I’m always here for you don’t ever forget that, even if I’m busy, I’m ready to listen to you.” I said to Kate. “Thank you very much John, I really appreciate it.” Kate said to me with a happy tone on her voice. “You’re Welcome Kate!” I replied with a cheerful tone. Our conversation on that day didn’t end; we talked about my past experiences and the challenges I had gone through to reach my goals. We also talked about her old school and what Kate’s goals are and that day we’re both laughing as we look back on our past memories, It was the happiest moment in my life, come to think of it while we were talking I can’t help but feel the sudden urge to help her on what’s been bugging her so I made a promise to myself that no matter what happens I will do everything that I can in order to make her smile and to remove the sadness in her heart. That call was truly a “Destiny’s Call”.

 

 

 

 



© 2017 Kirisaki Maikeru


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on November 28, 2017
Last Updated on November 28, 2017


Author

Kirisaki Maikeru
Kirisaki Maikeru

Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines



About
I'm an 17 year old who is a beginner at writing stories but I hope you like my stories more..

Writing