A Hidden World (Narrative)

A Hidden World (Narrative)

A Story by James
"

This is just a boring old narrative about my sleep paralysis...

"
NOTICE: Some of this might be inaccurate because I was basically half asleep while this stuff happens so I can't remember that well.  Also, If you don't like slightly scary things don't read this and this is a personal narrative about my sleep paralysis. Sleep paralysis is a disorder where your brain is not in sync with your sleep cycle and you wake up paralyzed most mornings. Unfortunately, my sleep paralysis is accompanied by hallucinations sooooooooo yeah. Enjoy reading. 
Also, I am probably never going to add to this writing. I just don't feel like it. 

November 23, 2017 10:38 p.m


I shut off the lights after typing the last of my essay. I made a checklist in my head. I set my alarm, plugged in my computer and phone, I had an outfit for tomorrow layed out.

I jumped into my bed, my head hitting the soft pillow. I layed there and stared at the ceiling for a while before sleep finally overtook me.


November 24, 2017 3:47 a.m


My eyes popped open, my room was dark. I tried to turn my head to look at the clock but my body was stuck in one position. That was when I saw her, a ghostly white figure standing by my clothes pile. Her long and thin black hair, like a curtain shielding her face. Her black dress went down as far as my vision could see from the state of paralysis I was in. Her white skin tight against her bones. She reached out to me, her boney fingers clawing towards me. Screams echoing in the back of my head. Screams in a language no one could understand. They kept getting louder.

Unable to move or scream, I layed there helpless. Is this real? Am I going to die? The fear I felt was unexplainable, it was something that can only be understood once you, yourself feel it.

I sat up and reached for the light as my body regained control. The time was 3:53 a.m.

I sat up in my bed, my eyes scanning the room, searching for traces of the ghostly figure.

I spent the rest of that night on my phone with the lights on, occasionally looking up to make sure nothing was sneaking up on me.


November 24, 2017 7:20 a.m


I sat down in my seat as the school bell rang, announcing the start of the school day. Thoughts about last night's events racing through my mind. Should I tell my friends? Will they think I’m insane? Am I insane? I eventually decided that I should just keep it to myself, it was probably just something random that would only happen once.



December 5, 2017 8:47 p.m


After the terrifying experience in November, nothing unusual had happened. I was just trying to forget about the whole thing.

I had all my homework done and I was planning to go to bed earlier. Of course, this didn’t work. I went on my phone and it was 9:46 by the time I realized.


December 5, 2017 9:46 p.m


Wow, it’s that late already? I thought as I looked at the clock. I plugged in my phone and made sure everything was ready for school tomorrow. Sensing nothing unusual I drifted off to sleep.


This is just a normal night, but after this is when things began to go downhill.


December 19, 2017 10:23 p.m


Alright, I have to admit I’ve been seeing things. I see creatures lurking in the shadows, tall dark figures standing behind things, their faces always concealed by darkness. I still haven’t told anyone, but I’m starting to think that this could be a problem.

Fortunately, I haven’t experienced anything like the night back in November.


December 30, 2017 4:23 p.m


I sit in the living room on my phone, hoping that snow will come soon. My brother and Mom are sitting on the other couch watching TV. But then I hear it starting, the silent whispers, soon to be screams. The three voices, the unknown words they shout. I get up and calmly walk out of the living room and run down the stairs to my room.

I can already hear the voices getting louder. They are almost to a scream now. I curl up on my bed and shake my head back and forth, but I can’t stop them. They get louder, till the only sound I can hear is their screams blasting in my ears.

I put on headphones blasting music but their screams eventually swallow the sound.

All the sounds stop, and there's silence, finally, they left.


January 3, 2018 11:34 p.m


Things haven’t gotten better, I still haven’t told anyone. I’m afraid to sleep now. I used to see things only in the dark, but I see them in broad daylight now. They hide in the corner of my eyes. Freezing still then disappearing when I look at them directly.

I’m trying to stay awake for now, but I know I can’t keep it up much longer.




January 4, 2018 3:23 a.m


I’m so tired. I should sleep. I unwillingly drag myself into my bed, taking a stuffed animal with me. I reach for the light, it clicks off.

I squeeze my eyes closed, knowing better than to open them. Sleep quickly takes over my body.



January 4, 2018 4:47 a.m


My eyes open, I can’t move. Crap. This isn't good. My body is facing the wall and from the bottom of my vision, I can see something. It moves slowly, crawling towards me. There is a giant smirk on its face. Its eyes are covered by its black top hat.

All I can do is lay here, fear filling my body. The creature moves its head to look up at me. It then jumps over me disappearing out of my vision.

I hear and feel breathing behind be. A chilling breath on my back. I want to cry, I want to scream, but my body will not allow me.

My body finally allows me to move. I turn around, ready to face the creature, but it is gone. The only thing left behind is terror and the fresh tears running down my face.


Things in my life aren’t getting any better. My grandparents are getting sick and I still have to deal with this stupid stuff that's been taking over my life. I’ve told one of my most trusted friends about what is happening, she seems scared of me. Maybe I shouldn't have told her.


January 29, 2018 3:45 a.m


My body can’t move again. I am preparing for the fear that is about to come.

Seeing him startles me. He is tall. His entire body is black. His black eyes gleam, and his bloodied teeth are sharp. He just stares at me. It is peaceful until he reaches out towards me. His eyes look innocent, he is not as scary as the rest. My body finally moves again. I expect to see him gone, but he doesn't disappear. He stands there, reaching out to me. .



February 15, 2018 9:08 p.m


In my biography class, our teacher assigned us a ton of stupid stuff and I don’t understand any of it. I really don’t want to fail any of my classes because if I do my parents will put me in a different school. I need to make sure I have all good grades by the time I have conferences if I want to stay in my school. I’m rather stressed about it and now I’m really worried because I see a lot more things when I’m stressed.

When I talked to one of my most trusted friends she told me about something called sleep paralysis. She said that might be what is causing this. I’ve looked into it and it seems pretty similar to what is happening to me.


February 20, 2018 10:23 p.m


My basement flooded today, it started in my room then leaked all the way to the storage room. I haven’t had any time to do homework, I’m just hoping I have enough time to do it all tomorrow.

Since my room is full of water I have to sleep on the couch upstairs, I already know that things usually don’t go well when I sleep in new places.


February 21, 2018 3:54 a.m


I see a small dark figure crawling around the walls, it is only visible when it passes a spot where the moonlight is shining on the wall. I lay on the couch paralyzed as I search for the figure that just disappeared. My body fills with fear as I feel something land on my chest. Two long boney fingers grab the blanket that is by my face.

I feel the creature standing on me move closer. I want to scream when I see the face of the creature, it is completely black, its eyes are empty sockets, and it’s mouth has two giant fangs. It jumps away as my body regains movement. I scramble to turn on all the lights on, knowing that the creatures don’t always go away.

I spend the rest of the night on my phone until my alarm goes off, signaling the start of the day.

I think this just shows how messed up I am 

© 2018 James


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on May 15, 2018
Last Updated on December 20, 2018

Author

James
James

Dog Meat Restaurant , North Korea



About
I'm a proud worshiper of Eduardo... more..

Writing
Spooper Deleteus Spooper Deleteus

A Story by James


please dont please dont

A Story by James