Writing Thing

Writing Thing

A Story by James
"

Yee

"

I closed my eyes, the silence of the foggy, empty night overcome by the soft and steady rumble of the washing machine running in the room below me. I felt my body relax as I drifted off to sleep.


I woke to a complete eerie silence, it was still dark outside and the fog was clawing at my closed window. Inside the thick fog I could faintly see what resembled a large black hand, there were tears in the window screen and a quiet scraping on the locked window. I stared at the window, telling myself it was only my imagination. My body was frozen in place as the glass slowly started to crack. Each break in the glass leading to more and more until the window shattered. Thousands of glistening pieces of glass tumbling to the ground.

I looked at the window, panic rushing through my head. The hand was gone, leaving only the wisps of fog, a broken window, and the washing machine running downstairs.


The next morning the broken glass was shimmering in the early light, the large tears in the screen had some sort of black gel growing on it, slowly dissolving the screen. I got out of my bed, that's when I noticed there was small pieces of black gel everywhere, slowly growing, engulfing everything in darkness. Through the biggest hole in the ground I could see the laundry room, there were small drips of black on the ground there as well.

I opened the door to my room, sending squeaks echoing around the quiet, empty house. I walked down the dimly lit hallway and into the kitchen. There was broken glass scattered on the countertops and the fridge was wide open the black gel was eating away at everything.

Tall blue flowers sat in the corner of the kitchen their petals wilted, the stem seemed to be slowly dying from the inside. The head was also turning black. It’s beautiful, fragile frame being consumed by darkness.

I walked into the living room, all of the couches were slowly disappearing along with the walls and floor. I went to the front door and tried to look outside but all I saw was darkness. There were no animals or trees, everything had disappeared. I frantically tried to open the door but that just made the door handle turn into black goop and drip to the ground. I turned around, instead of seeing the living room there was a new wall right in front of me. On it was a giant mirror.

I stared at my reflection. My right hand was almost gone, my long brown hair was tumbling to the ground in clumps as my scalp gradually dissolved. My eyes were a deep soulless black. My right arm was now almost completely gone and the black gel was clawing closer and closer to my heart.

I collapsed to the ground, the room around me becoming complete darkness. I looked up and there stood a creature, a few strands of long brown hair barely hanging onto it’s head. It stared at me with the same soulless black eyes as mine. It’s thin black body was the last thing I saw before the darkness consumed me.

© 2018 James


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on October 16, 2018
Last Updated on October 16, 2018
Tags: Questionable

Author

James
James

Dog Meat Restaurant , North Korea



About
I'm a proud worshiper of Eduardo... more..

Writing
Spooper Deleteus Spooper Deleteus

A Story by James


please dont please dont

A Story by James