Escape

Escape

A Poem by KatTastrophe
"

Hastily written in the heat of the moment. Hope you enjoy.

"
The hands clasp around her body as she falls or perhaps she just simply floats. Is she drowning, being pulled into an abyss by these outreaching hands or are they lifting her pushing her towards an uncertain freedom? The lines are blurred, meaning shifted, sometimes it feels as though she is drowning while in reality she fly's. Are the hands that hold her strangers, friends, lovers or are they her own? It's in this imagined desperate battle between drowning and flying that she finds her balance. If she never truly soars she'll never have to learn how it feels to fall from such a great height. In her inaction however, she signs away any opportunities and slowly drowns within herself anyway. She is a bird who built her own cage and in such she is the only one who can break it.

© 2018 KatTastrophe


Author's Note

KatTastrophe
What do you think? Ignore my atrocious grammar, I tend to write on the fly with little to no review, I apologize for the mess.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Real and relatable. I respect that.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

KatTastrophe

6 Years Ago

Thank you very much!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 2, 2018
Last Updated on January 2, 2018
Tags: hope, choices, life, change, flight, freedom, desire, goals, art, idea

Author

KatTastrophe
KatTastrophe

About
I'm a simple young woman who just wants to share some hastily written paragraphs with the world. more..