Maybe, Lover

Maybe, Lover

A Story by Kitt
"

Thoughts.

"
9/17/17

Maybe you never stopped loving me. Maybe you never did. Maybe you never met that boy to begin with, and we were happy together like old times. Maybe, if I pretended, we could still talk, still share good memories. Whatever happened to sisters before misters? 
I guess there really wasn't any unspoken agreement between us that we'd  never leave each others' side. I must have assumed wrongly that we kept each others secrets before keeping his. The boy was something we shared in common; something I once so foolishly thought had brought us back together. Instead he steadily increased our gap-- dug it so far that no bridge could ever mend it. What a selfish child he was. Or maybe I am.
But maybe he didn't. Maybe he was a quick phase that soon would leave us both alone. A time we thought little of after it'd gone. Maybe the boy didn't take everything from me. Maybe he never took you.
You took everything from me! I hate you! You didn't bat an eye when you tore everything out of place, did you? You willingly took a beautiful thing and splattered it with disgust and betrayal! 
Maybe if I'd never taken your filthy seat. Maybe if I'd never noticed your ungrateful presence. Maybe then I could still hold her hand. Maybe then I could still call her Love, and she'd laugh and reply with 'Lovey'. Maybe then we'd still be friends, she and I. 
Maybe. 

© 2018 Kitt


Author's Note

Kitt
A short ramble about one of my only friends when I was younger.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on October 1, 2018
Last Updated on October 1, 2018
Tags: #maybe #lover #writing #thoughts

Author

Kitt
Kitt

Aukland, New Zealand



About
Live to tell a tale more..

Writing
Racecar Racecar

A Poem by Kitt


Hurt Hurt

A Poem by Kitt


Homesick Homesick

A Poem by Kitt