Demolition Lovers

Demolition Lovers

A Story by Kitty
"

Done for a contest

"

“You are such a b*****d!” I screamed at Ben as we drove away from the pub.  “Why did you have to start that fight back there?”  Ben stared straight ahead, “He spoke to you.”  “Oh, my God, Ben! That was my best friend at school!  I don’t believe you!”  “So you fucked him too?”  Ben asked, sarcasm dripping off every word.  It felt as if I had been slapped across the face (which I knew was to come later).  Ben had an incredibly jealous streak and a violent temper to match it.

 

We had gone to the pub down the road to sit down and start discussing where we felt our relationship was going.  I didn’t trust having this conversation at home – he’s abusive nature is no fun on a normal day let alone when he got angry.  Ben went to the bar to get the drinks when Jason came by to say ‘hi’.  We hadn’t gotten much passed the greeting when Ben came flying back.  He shoved Jason away and sent him flying onto the table behind.  Jason got up to punch Ben, but I pulled Ben away, telling him it was time to go.

 

As we drove, Ben fumed, his anger boiling over.  “What is it with you, Storm?  Why does it seem like you’ve screwed every boy in town?  Do you like cheating on me?”  I couldn’t believe it!  “Ben, you a*****e, I have NEVER cheated on you!  Now, do you understand why we needed this conversation?  You’re paranoid!  Jason was my best friend!  Him and I have been through a lot together.”  I snickered in disgust, “You do realise that we have only been together for 2 months, right?  I have no obligation to stay with you.”  I saw his grip on the steering-wheel tighten, his knuckles turning white.  As I looked ahead, I saw the road moving by faster.  “Ben,” I started looking at the speedometer.  100KM/h.  120KM/h.  140KM/h.  It increased steadily until we were reaching the 200KM/h mark.  The road twisted and turned, and Ben just kept driving faster.  “Ben, please, slow down!  You’re going to kill us both!”  He turned to me, his eyes flaming, “Haven’t you thought that maybe that’s the point?”  My voice caught in my throat – I couldn’t scream.  As we reached another bend, someone jumped out in front of the car.  “Ben, watch out!” I screamed.  But it was too late.  Ben swerved to avoid the man and the car plummeted off the cliff.

 

When the car finally came to rest at the bottom of the cliff, I looked over to the driver’s side and saw Ben’s face covered in blood.  I nudged him, but he didn’t respond.  I looked through the shattered windscreen, seeing nothing but smoke.  I kicked at the glass until it gave way, creating a large enough hole for me to fit through.  As I crawled away from the wreckage, I turned and saw twisted metal, reaching for the blackened sky, looked like a tragic forest. Bits of glass were strewn across its forest floor and smoke was rising in thick and black clouds. I tried, but I couldn't find my way out of this forbidden woodland. I felt a sharp pain in my left leg as I made a feeble attempt at hobbling towards safety. It was unbearable and I soon fell to the ground in surrender. I could hear voices searching for survivors, but I knew my own was too weak to function.  There was silence.  Then suddenly a loud explosion as flames ignited the petrol.  I screamed, but what would that do?  Nothing…

 

I finally got to my feet, and hobbled through the numerous wreckages.  Jason moved out from behind an old charred car, his smile so evil; so enticing; so intoxicating; so murderous.  He wrapped his arms around me, “We’ve started a great collection here, don’t you think?”  I looked out over the piles of wrecked cars, each one filled the burnt remains of loves lost.  Yes, we had an excellent collection growing here.  I thought back to all the others before Ben.  Poor boys: Darren; Charlie; Angelo; Eddie; Frank; Gavin; Hank; Ivan; Keegan; Liam; Mike; Ned; Oscar; Peter; Quinton; Richard; Stuart; Terry; Victor; Wesley…  Poor souls.  Oh, but the fun Jason and I had.  Each story was the same: find an abusive, jealous, bad tempered man; date him for a couple of months; and then take them somewhere to “discuss where the relationship is going”.  It worked every time.  Jason would come over to talk to me, and the boys would get furious and pick a fight.  I’d lead them away and then the ‘argument’ would ensue.  Jason would be waiting at the top of the road, right at the bend.  They didn’t know what to do except swerve which resulted in a steep drop off the cliff.  I laughed - they had no idea what they were getting themselves into.

 

As the black smoke rose from the smouldering wreckage, Jason and I walked hand in hand towards the beach.  This wasn’t the last of our sick little hobby, and I couldn’t wait to see who was next.  Jason turned to me, “So, my immortal princess of the night, will you promise to be mine forever?”  “Until the day I die,” I said, knowing full well that death was never an option for the two of us.  We were to be together until the end of time.

 

Copyright©JosieWentzel16September2008

 

© 2008 Kitty


Author's Note

Kitty
I wrote this for the Twisted Metal contest.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

nice job on this love the darkness of this story....character were done well too... nice job on this one.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sweet mother Mcree!

This was a dark tail to say the least and i loved it. In such a short period of time you gave a history of what has been going on. You did this very well, kept a good dark feel to it and made me want to read about the others. A beautifully dark and greusome tail.

cole-

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

294 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 16, 2008
Last Updated on September 19, 2008

Author

Kitty
Kitty

Weltevredenpark, Johannesburg, South Africa



About
Finding peace has always been a struggle for me. But if there is one thing I can wish for the world, it's peace, love, more tolerence, faith, hope and trust. I hope you find it somewhere out there.... more..

Writing
This Black Box This Black Box

A Poem by Kitty


Tears of Time Tears of Time

A Poem by Kitty


Crazy Inlove Crazy Inlove

A Poem by Kitty



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sacrifice Sacrifice

A Poem by Wicahpi