Wisdom to the Orphans

Wisdom to the Orphans

A Poem by Kleio13
"

If you had a family that failed you, this is a poem for you.

"
                       Your only job is to blow
                              the candles,
                                 and if
                            not provided
                                 any,
                           preserve your fires.
                      

© 2015 Kleio13


Author's Note

Kleio13
All of my poetry is original and copyrighted.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I would have written a follow.up posm, but my intention of just creating this one syill remains.
The poem probably does reach out to everyone, but when I titled it, it's meany for those who felt like they never belong to anyone or anything, especially orphams. Because I was one myself.
" preserve your fires". Because that's all you'll ever have one day when you have nothing or no one to turn too.


Thank you for your review.
Kleio

Posted 9 Years Ago


i think this would apply to everyone......we are stand the risk of losing our fire.....with or without starting well or not......how about a follow-up poem on how to preserve the fire! Great write!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


This poem has a certain 'mystique' about it I like 'preserve your fires' A good poem.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kleio13

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much
Less is certainly more here my dear...you never know when those fires will come in handy, only that they will at times...there's a lot of fire in my life, but alas, no salacious metaphors to attach to it...great job K :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kleio13

9 Years Ago

There are many fires in my life- and there will certainly be more- thank you Kubby!
boy oh boy! a lot packed into the small space ...conjures all kinds of images and scenes played out ... and wisdom to take into ones heart ... nice job Kleio!
E.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kleio13

9 Years Ago

Thanks !
K
Wow impressive little poem, I enjoyed the wisdom you expressed here.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kleio13

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much!
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

9 Years Ago

You are most welcome.
I really like this work so much emotions are involved in your work...great write as always

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kleio13

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

314 Views
7 Reviews
Added on April 26, 2014
Last Updated on February 28, 2015

Author

Kleio13
Kleio13

San Bernardino, CA



About
I'm a passionate poet and a devoted writer and I live in southern California. I am also looking for devoted writers be friends with. Feel free to message me! more..

Writing
1994 1994

A Poem by Kleio13


Chemo Chemo

A Poem by Kleio13