Part 1: Captured souls

Part 1: Captured souls

A Chapter by Knight
"

We get a glimpse of the Slayers and how they keep the Shadow Dragons under their thumb

"

By Water and Fire, 

So be you bound

as I desire..”

A silver glow was forming around a black egg, as it sat in a nest surrounded by candles, also surrounded by dark Druids. Each held a staff as their leader held his staff up as he spoke the spell and they chant ancient words. The Druids surrounding the nest could hear scratching on the shell inside the egg. The dragon inside the egg was arguing with the spell, clearly feeling it even through the shell.

“By three and nine,

your power I bind

By Moon and Sun,

My will be done.”

The silver glow was flowing from the egg and to a crystal that was laid between the egg and the lead Druid, seeming like it was being filled with the silver light. There was chirping coming from inside the egg now, and it was shifting in the nest as the shell began to crack.

“By Sky and Sea,

Keep harm from me.

Cord go round,

power be bound.

Light revealed,

Now be Sealed!”

The hatchlings head burst from the egg, a shriek of first life bursting from its young throat, but on its chest, over the heart, a symbol was slowly forming over its scales, almost like a brand. The same mark was forming on the crystal at the hatchlings feet, the silver glow still flowing into the crystal for a moment longer until the spell was complete.

The lead Druid picked the crystal up and watched the hatchlings eyes. They were trained on the druid. He smiled at the hatchling. Its black scales holding small silver markings, like small gray speckles. It looked like this lie one was made out of the night sky itself. A male. He’d make a fine dragon someday.

“That's right little one.” The Druid said. “You belong to us.” He smiled and turned to look at someone behind him. He was a young man, wearing black plated leather armor. The druid held out the crystal to him. “Your future mount is ready.”

“Good.” The man said, stepping forward and accepted the crystal. The hatchling watched the man as he took the Crystal, silver eyes watching full of worry, even for only being moments old. 

The little one felt as if that crystal meant its very survival, though he didn’t know why. And already he felt… incomplete… Like he was supposed to have something upon hatching… but he didn’t know what that was. 

The man slipped the crystal onto a leather cord and tying it around his neck, admiring it a moment as the red gem hung over his own heart. “Specifically, Umbris,” he said, naming his hatchling. “You belong to me.”

Though he didn’t know why… Umbris didn’t like how that sounded. But he let the man pick him up and carry him away for his first meal.



© 2017 Knight


Author's Note

Knight
A short chapter I know XD But these details will be updated slowly. So I guess this is in a sense build up. Let me know what you guys think so far.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on March 4, 2017
Last Updated on March 17, 2017
Tags: dragons


Author

Knight
Knight

Denver, CO



About
Hello! I'm Knight. I'm 25 years old. And I'm a sucker for fantasy and fiction writing. I've always wanted to write a story all my own, but I haven't been able to get a good story going besides fan fic.. more..

Writing