Call It What You Want

Call It What You Want

A Story by Emunah June.
"

An intense fight scene between David Guetta, Skrillex, and deadmau5. Some offensive terms used.

"

The first hit was square on his nose. The second was right on his solar plexis.

 

"Sonny, what are you doing!? Stop it!" Joel screamed, looping his arms through his friend's to hold him back.

 

"Lemme go Joel! He deserves it!" Sonny screamed, thrashing around against Joel's chest.

 

The young man, no taller than 4'6 at most, continued to squirm in his grip, his eyes locked on his target.

 

It was the night of 54th Annual Grammys, the night Sonny had been dreaming about for months. He had recieved a notice a while ago that he had been nominated, and he had been so happy he even took Ellie to his bed, a gesture he hadn't done in a long time.

 

But his night had been ruined when not only did the award he was up for go to someone else, but that fake-of-a-producer David took his place onstage for a performance. So Sonny had waited patiently for David to come out the back enterance to go to his car, and thats when he had confronted him.

 

Unfortunately for him, Joel had followed him out, and now here both of them were, one restrained and the other knocked into a set of trashcans near the alleyway.

 

David slowly stood to his feet, wiping his nose to check for blood. "What's your problem pal!?" he shrieked, looking at Joel as if it was his fault.

 

"M-My problem!? Man, what do you THINK my problem is?! You snuck backstage and told them I couldn't go on, and that I said you could mix in my place! You LIED!" Sonny screamed through clentched teeth, struggling hard to break from Joel's grip. He then turned and looked up at Joel, who was looking down at him with an intense stare. "And WHY didnt YOU do anything about it, huh!?" he shouted, "You KNEW I was going on with you, so it didnt click that maybe something was wrong when HE goes in my place?!"

 

Joel sighs, clearly frustrated. "By the time I figured out it wasnt you, I didnt have time to go and fix it. He's a troll Sonny," he whispered, looking back at David who was standing there watching, "Just let him go. He ain't worth your time."

 

Sonny briefly relaxed. Joel was one to point out a troll when he saw one. After all, he was the king of 'em. Maybe he should just let this all go...


No. Nobody messes with Skrillex and gets away with it.

 

He managed to squirm out of Joel's grip (being so short had it's advantages) and ran towards his target, firts clentched and ready.

 

"Sonny STOP!"

 

He landed another one right on David's chin, but his second swing missed and tripped over himself. As he stumbled David bounced back and elbowed him in the back so hard it made him lose his breath.

 

He tumbled headfirst onto the concrete and fell flat on his stomach, sending shockwaves of pain down his legs.

 

"Hey! Both of you just quit it already!"

 

David turned and looked at Joel, eyes slit. "Shut up! You want some of this too?"

 

Joel says nothing.

 

Sonny slowly started to stand up, but David quickly rushed over and slammed his foot against his ribs. Sonny let out a quick gasp of pain before saliva flew out of his mouth and ran down the sides of his face. 

 

Why isn't Joel doing anything? He's just letting me...get hurt...

 

"Hnng..." he growled as he slinked up to look his opponent in the eye.

 

David stepped back and wiped his mouth, which had a small trickle of blood running from his bottom lip. He gave a small laugh. "Take a look at your fan base, Skrilly. You know who listens to you? Gaytard fanboys who need something to touch themselves to." He spits onto the ground. "Thats all your music was ever good for...if you can even call it that."

 

Sonny grit his teeth. In all his years of producing he had never been so offended. Granted, he often got comments on his Youtube talking about how his music aided the fan in some sort of sexual escapade, but he never thought much of it. This, however, was not something he was about to let go.

 

He could mudsling better than a politician. "Least I can make tracks on my own...you need the help of some mainstream artist to get noticed." He began to laugh. "Let me tell you something buddy, I don't think you quite understand who you're dealing with here. I've got three grammys under my belt and two EPs selling out faster than your mother."

 

Joel stifled a laugh, then got serious. "Sonny, lets go. We both know you're better than this guy, we don't need to do this--"

 

Before he could finish his sentence, David kneed him in the stomach and caused him to fall backwards onto the ground, his head bouncing once.

 

Sonny froze and watched as David stomped Joel in the stomach, then knelt down to punch him in the face. "Hey get off of him!" he shouted, standing back up and tossing of his jacket. He wrapped the sleeves around his palms and jumped forward, lunging at David and tossing the now-tightened jacket around his neck.

 

David fell back against Sonny, clawing at the jacket that was now constricting his breathing. Sonny tightened it and leaned back in order to worsen his pain, his breath heavy and his thick hipster glasses slipping off his face.

 

As Joel sputtered on the ground trying to regain his breath, David slipped a pocketknife out and cut the jacket, causing Sonny to fall back and allowed David to get some footing. He fell to his knees and straddled Sonny between his legs, holding his still and raising the knife high. "You want to try and kill me? Fine! I can play that game too!"

 

Sonny's eyes went wide as one of David's free hands slammed him on his cheek before he slid the knife down his face, creating a big gash on the side of his face. He screamed.

 

Through hazy vision, Joel was able to stand up and crack his knuckles. No one touched the Mau5 like that and lived to tell about it. "Here's one!" he shouted, slamming David square in the back, causing him to fold over Sonny. Sonny blushed and squirmed. "DUDE, are you TRYING to make me look gay?? Get him off me you troll!"

 

"I do it for the lulz."

"Shut up! Help me already!"

 

With all the strength he could muster he thrust his palms forward and hit David as hard as he could, pushing him off Sonny and causing him to somersault forward. Sonny stood to his feet and tried to clean himself off best he could.

 

"He got your face," Joel whispered, pointing out the obvious.

"No duh," Sonny shot back, holding his palm over the bleeding cut.

 

Sonny took a good look around. The parking lot was on the other side of the building, and his car was parked in the back next to Rihanna and Mark Foster. He didn't even know where Joel's car was, as he'd already been here by the time Sonny arrived. He guesstimated that by the time they'd both gotten into their cars, David would be able to crash in the windows and cut them both.

 

No choice but to stay and duke it out till one of 'em was unconcious.

 

David stood up and stared at the two friends who were so different when being compared: Sonny was short and pale, with large glasses and rough skin. He dressed in all black and had long black hair that draped on one side but not on the other for he had shaved half his head.

 

Joel, on the other hand, was much taller but had a very short haircut (normal compared to Sonny). He wore bright comical t-shirts with funny internet lingo on them, and had two tattoos on his neck and one down his right arm. Both were so diverse that whatever fighting skill one was missing the other could compensate for.

 

David laughed. "You have no idea what you're getting yourselves into. I'm the world's greatest DJ! And who are you two?" He scanned them both over once. "No names who strive to be just like me."

 

At once, Sonny could see the look of hurt on Joel's face, and this angered him greatly. Joel had worked hard his whole life to be someone, to be a producer that people of all ages could enjoy. His work spanned from intense and heavy to sweet and low, giving him an all around unique sound. While David was right about being the world's most famous DJ, Joel was a very close second.

 

"Hey!" Sonny shouted. "Joel's far from a no-name! I know plently of people who would recognize him before they ever recognized you! So how about you get to steppin', man, and leave us alone."

 

Joel appeared surprised at Sonny coming to his defense, but at the same time he understood. He was the one who took Sonny under his wing and gave him a place to shine, a place to become Skrillex. Sonny had constantly said that he'd find a way to pay his friend back, and Joel wondered if defending his honor just now was a way of doing so.

 

With a violent dash, David shot forward and plunged the knife directly into Sonny's shoulderblade, to which he let out a sharp yelp. Joel stepped back, then immediately threw his arms around David's waist and threw him as far as he could. He shot backwards and fell back into the same trashcans Sonny had tossed him against earlier.

 

Sonny writhed on the ground, clentching his wound, screaming out every cuss he could think of. Blood ran between his fingers, and his glasses slipped off his face and fell onto the concrete. Joel slipped his hands on Sonny's back and helped him sit up. He winced, his teeth grit and his body shaking. "We need to get you to a hospital..he's gotten you twice already!" Joel commented, almost making a snide comment about his dodging speed. "Does it look like I need a hospital?!" Sonny replied back before wincing and squeezing his wound. "If I say yes, will you go?" Joel asked.

 

David slinked back up, and Joel's face got serious. This guy wasn't going to let up anytime soon, was he?


As luck would have it, a small group of people had come around back to get autographs. When they took a good look at the scene, they knew that something big had gone down. "David?" one girl breathed, and it suddenly made sense when she saw the knife and the wounds decorating Sonny's body. His mouth hung low in surprise as the fans backed away in fear. "N-No guys, he started it! Purely self defense all of it! I promise!" he shouted at them, giving Joel just enough time to help Sonny to his feet. "We'll be leaving now," he said, throwing Sonny's arm over his shoulders and helping him walk fast the shocked fans and toward the parking lot. He knew David wouldn't pull anything as long as his fans were watching.

 

Joel opened his car door and slid Sonny into the passengers seat. He grimaced in pain, but gave his friend a greatful look. "M-My glasses?"

 

"Gone. No way we can go back for them."

A broken laugh. "I can't see anything without them."

 

Joel knew that defeat was a hard pill to swallow, so he didn't make the comments he normally would have. "My car?" Sonny asked, then sighed. "I'll call Ellie and tell her to come get it. She's not too far from here, right?" Joel nodded.

 

Sonny took in a deep breath and looked out the window as Joel took drivers and started to drive to the nearest hospital.

 

"Hey...Joel?"

"Yeah?"

 

Sonny blushed, embarrased of once again being put in Joel's debt. "T-Thanks for saving me back there. It means alot to me, man."

 

Joel smiled.

 

"What would you ever do without me?~"

   

 

 

  

 

© 2012 Emunah June.


Author's Note

Emunah June.
Well, it wasn't what I intended, but there were a few hints of Skrillmau5 yaoi in there. Whoops. ^^;

Anyhow, notes as promised!

_____________________________________________________________________-

1) David Guetta DID perform at the Grammys, but not in Sonny's place. Sonny wasn't ever scheduled to go on. The performance included David Guetta, deadmau5, Foo Fighters, Chris Brown, and Lil Wayne.

2) As far as I know, Sonny and David get along just fine. xD

3) Ellie = Ellie Goulding, Sonny's real life current girlfriend.

4) Sonny was up for five grammys that night, and won three out of the five.

5) Mark Foster = Lead singer of Foster the People, another band who performed that night.

6) The whole remark about Youtube comments and sexual escapades is unfortunately true XD Everytime I go on a Skrillex video, there is always SOME awkward comment on them....everytime....havent found a clean one yet.

7) I put a PewDiePie reference in here...see if you can find it! ;)

8) NO GAY LURVE. As far as I know Sonny is either straight or closet bisexual (I only say that because of pictures I found on the interwebs of him and Matt Good...like actual pictures of them kissing each other on the cheek and stuff soo...)

9) I adore Sonny and would cry if anything like this ever happened xDD


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I found this entertaining. I dont like either group but I loved from first to last so i root for sonny lol

Posted 11 Years Ago


Emunah June.

11 Years Ago

Thank you Taylor! c:

I just adore Sonny altogether. He's hot, you cant deny it. Why do .. read more
Taylor H.

11 Years Ago

I know you do lol
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
When David brought out the knife I instantly yelled, "Don't bring a knife to a fist fight". I loved how you wrote out so many fight scenes. The dialogue in between all of them was great because if you had one long fight scene, it could make your readers get tired of it. Splitting it like that helps the readers prepare for the next fight scene, so good job. ^^

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 17, 2012
Last Updated on August 17, 2012

Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing