Those Vows [A KoEd Halloween Story]

Those Vows [A KoEd Halloween Story]

A Story by Emunah June.

"I want a divorce."

 

Koda's eyes, although glazed over with the gleam of three cups of gin, were dead serious as she looked her husband Edward in the eye.

 

He stared at her for a moment, the word hanging low in the tense atmosphere. He hunched forward, saying nothing, not wanting to make the situation worse.

 

Koda waited for some sort of reaction, some sort of sign that he was still listening. When he gave her nothing, she glared and balled up her fists, "Don't just sit there! Say something!"

 

But he still said nothing.

 

She continued. "I just can't do it anymore, Edward. You're not there for me when I need you. I need someone I can fall back on and trust, and you're just...you're just not it."

 

He looked up at this, looking her deadset in her fragile blue eyes. He could tell that she was about to burst into tears, that she was waiting for him to fight for her. When he didn't, he could tell he was hurting her immensly. Finally, he stood up straight and walked towards her. At first, he planned to say nothing, but when he got close enough to smell her breath he couldn't help but speak.

 

"You don't mean that."

 

Koda blinked. "Wha..? Yes, I mean that!" she screamed, slamming her fist onto the counter so hard that she heard dishes rattle in the cabinet.

 

Edward blinked. "You're drunk. You don't want a divorce. You're just saying that."

This only angered her more. "Shut up! You don't know me anymore, Edward!"

 

He didn't reply. He didn't know how.

 

She continued. "When was the last time you took me to bed, huh? When was the last time we did anything together?" She paused, then turned around so she wasn't looking him in the eyes. "We're not compatible anymore. Our marriage is pretty much non-existent. I want out."

 

He shook his head. "You don't mean that."

"Stop saying I don't mean it!" she shouted.

 

Edward stepped back. "Koda, I've been everything you've ever asked me to be. You've never brought these issues up before, and I know you. You would have said something."

 

Koda grit her teeth. "I dont have to tell you EVERYTHING, Edward. I'm my own person!"

He shook his head angrilly. "You're drunk. Go to bed."

 

The more he spoke, the angrier she was getting. Why wasn't he taking her seriously?! In this moment, her heart was heavy and beat hard against her ribs. Her breath was slow and calculating, and sweat dripped down the back of her neck as she leaned against the counter to re-cooperate.

 

Finally, Edward brought up his own problems.

 

"You've been coming home wasted for the past three days now, Koda. You can't be acting like this anymore." His eyes lowered as he snaked his arms around her waist and brought her against him. "Your a wife now, and eventually, you'll be a mother too. This has to stop."

 

Edward had learned that, in Koda's drunken stupors, a little love and physical motions usually got her back in the right frame of mind. Gently, he place a hand to her cheek and ran his thumb along her soft, pale bottom lip. "If this is really something you'd like to discuss, then we'll talk about it in the morning okay?" he whispered gently, pushing her back against the counter and burying his face in the crevice between her neck and shoulder.

 

Koda wasn't sure how to react. She had just told him she wanted a divorce, and so he decides to cradle her? It wasn't exactly the response she thought he was going to give. She had expected more of a desperate anger, an argument flooded with reminescent tears. Never had she thought he'd do THIS.

 

It made her angry.

 

"Dont make this harder then it has to be, Edward. Just..." she hiccuped, "...just lemme go."

He said nothing.

 

It grew quiet, and suddenly she felt his warm lips pressed against her neck. She blushed, pushing her arms against his shoulders. "E-Edward I-I..." she began, but instead he responded with deeper, rougher kisses against her skin.

 

She gave a short gasp, leaning back and finally just melting into his arms. It was useless to fight him, his arms were too strong.

 

He spoke.

 

"You remember our wedding day, don't you? Everyone was laughing, especially you. You looked so beautiful...I couldn't wait to marry you."

 

She blushed.

He continued.

 

"And that day, we made promises to each other to always be there for one another, through thick and thin, through sickness and in health. You remember right?" He paused only to slip his hands around her hips. "Your vows made me cry. Heck you were the only person to ever make me cry. You had told me we were forever, remember?"

 

She smiled.

He smiled too.

 

Suddenly, she stopped all movement and froze, coughing and shivering. She looked him in the eyes as he smiled. "Whats wrong Koda? Those drinks finally getting to you?" he asked deviously.

 

She glared. "Wh-What have you done to me?!" she shouted.

He smiled. "Didn't your mother ever tell you to not drink? It's dangerous to your health."

 

He slowly let Koda go as she fell to the floor, coughing harder and harder as he struggled to sit up. Her heart was pounding in her ears so loudly she thought it was going to pop. Her eyes blurred and tears fell down her face.

 

Edward smirked, grabbing a fistful of her long brown hair in his hand. "I can't afford to lose you, Koda. Not when we've been in love for so long. Till death do us part, right?"

 

"Y-You pig!" she shouted before she began to vomit onto the floor, shaking so hard she slipped in her own bile and collapsed in front of him. As life began to slip out of her frail body, replaced with a sort of chemical poision, she looked up long enough to see him smiling, waving goodbye.

 

"I love you!"

© 2013 Emunah June.


Author's Note

Emunah June.
:::::::::AWARDS:::::::::::


-Awarded "fair twist" (3 out of 3) in the "perfect twist" contest!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice story! I can see how you got awarded "fair twist"

Posted 9 Years Ago


O.o whoa...that was a good story. It was entertaining...a drunk Koda...I never thought I would see that ever. She doesn't seem to be the type to drink. Anyways this story was still cute. I could tell her loved her and wanted to teach her a lesson on not to drink. Thank you for sharing. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

300 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 11, 2012
Last Updated on March 23, 2013

Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing