Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Emunah June.
"

Sora enjoys his first day of school, and he especially likes this new girl! Who is she..and why does Sora have this warm feeling in his chest? Is he sick? Or is it....love?

"

       I could only stare. What beauty! She was surely something. Before I could something else, the teacher in front of the room called for our attention. I didn't want to look away from this beautiful girl, but I had no choice. I looked at the teacher. "I have assembled the classes. When I call your name, go to the teacher with their hand raised. Understand? Okay, let's start..." I couldn't hear him anymore. All I saw was that girl again. I thought to myself; How weird to think that I told Obi that I wasn't going to get a girlfriend, and yet here I am looking at this girl like I'm a lovesick puppy!

 

"Okay...now for Mrs. Migen's 9th grade class.." a teacher raised her hand high in the air. I shook my head and decided to listen. What if this was my class? Better not miss it.

 

"Ukimino, Jaru." A fat kid went to the teacher. 

"Suki, Daisuki." A anorexic looking girl hobbled to the teacher.

 

The teacher in front named many more kids, but I was zoning out on that girl again. Why was she so beautiful?! I was fully conviced that she wasn't from this planet. NO ONE on earth was that beautiful! Not a one. 

 

"Takinowa, Sora." I heard. Oh! That was me! I stood up and walked to the teacher. Now the line was long. I closed my eyes and sighed. Well, the best sight in the world was gone. Now I had to look at books, teachers, and above all....

 

The. Uniform. (Insert shudder here)

 

"Last for Mrs.Migen's class is Yamakura, Koda," the teacher in the front of the room. I turned around to peek at who would be behind me. I gasped and quickly turned  around. The beautiful girl was right behind me, walking this way! I felt my face get hot. Err...I must've been embarrased. Then a terrible thought came to mind. What if she saw me staring at her?! Ugh...she'll think I'm a freak! 

 

Great.

 

                 "Good morning class, and welcome back to Koe Charter! As you heard, my name is Mrs. Migen, but if you can't remember that, call me Mrs. M. Allright?" she said in a sweet tone. I grabbed a seat and got used to the smell of the room (hey, if I'm gonna be stuck in this room for most of my year, then I wanna get used to EVERYTHING). Then I watched as the beautiful girl grabbed a seat next to me. She passed me a smile, and all I could do was smile back, because I was too tounge tied. Then, she looked away from me, bit her fingernails, then smiled again. I could tell she was just as nervous as I was. I exhaled a long breath before I looked at her. "Hey, my name is Sora Takinowa. What's yours?" I asked, extending my hand. She looked at me, as if I were her saving grace. "My name is Koda Yamakura. Nice to meet you Sora!" she said as she shook my hand. I gulped in the lump in my throat. She smiled, then her gazed turned to the teacher. I did the same thing. Mrs. Migen wrote her name on the board. "Anyway, today we're going to start with a getting-to-know-you assignment. You will each come up to the front of the room and tell us 2 things about yourself--your name and hobby. Then we're going to let 2 people in the room ask you a question. Then you'll sit down. Any questions?" she asked. I shook my head, and so did the rest of the class. Mrs. Migen smiled. "Good. Let's get started with...you!" she said, pointing at me. I felt myself go in a cold sweat. "Err...okay then. I guess I'll start first," I whispered to myself as I stood up.

 

If Obi were here, she'd start shouting out embarrasing things, like that time she put my hand in hot water and I peed myself in the middle of the night. The next morning, she said that she heard me screaming in the middle of the night and...

 

Oops. I just told you. 

Err...can we keep between ourselves? Thanks, your the best.

 

Anyway, I walked to the front of the room. Everyone's eyes were on me, and I froze up. What to say? Um...let's just start with my name.

 

"My name is Takinowa, Sora. Nice to meet you all," I said, giving everyone a wave. The crowd remained quiet to see what I would do next. I gulped. Hobby...what was my hobby? Ooh, I know!

 

"My hobby is sketching. I like to sketch animals. But not humans. I don't like drawing humans because I'm not very good at it."

 

The crowd remained still.. I cast a glance at Koda, who was smiling. "That's a cool hobby," she said softly, and some people nodded in agreement. I felt a little better talking in front of the class. "Well, c'mon now. Let's ask Sora some questions. Anyone?" Mrs. Migen asked after a long silence. Koda looked around and raised her hand. When Mrs. Migen picked her, Koda looked up at me. "What is your favourite school subject?" she asked. I gulped.

 

None really was what I wanted to say, but then I'd look stupid. "Um, I'd have to say English."

                                 After I answered my second question, I sat down, my face blushing like crazy. Who knew I'd be so embarrased in front of all these other kids around my age? I watched the anorexic looking girl  walk up to the front of the room. She told us her name, and that her hobby was modeling (thus explaining her shape. Hee hee). I asked her if she was diagnosed with anorexia nervosa, but the teacher said "Sora!", so therfore, I got no answer. But I bet she was gonna say yes. Then 6 other students went up to the room (who had one of which said his hobby was "checking out women") before it was Koda's turn. I already had a question in store for her: I wanted to know how old she was. Perfectly and quietly, she walked to the front of the room. "My name is Yamakura, Koda, and my hobby is skateboarding." Koda liked to stakeboard? Woah. Normally, a girl would glance at a skateboard and say "Oh mah gawd Mom look! It's that thing that boys ride that get them all dirty!" I had never heard of a girl that liked to skateboard! It amazed me to even think of the concept. "Any questions for Koda?" Mrs. Migen said. I raised my hand. "Yes Sora?" Mrs. Migen asked. "Um, if you don't mind my asking....how old are you?" I quickly looked at Mrs. Migen to see if she approved my question. She had a poker face, so I just looked at Koda again. "I am 14 years old. Why?" she asked back. Shoot! I hadn't expected her to ask me a question! "Uh, you just looked like you were younger than most of us is all," I said. I heard snickers pass around the room, so I covered my face with my hand. I didn't pay attention to the rest of the students until the lunch bell rang. 

                                I sat on the edge of an un-occupied table in the bustling cafeteria. I've always had a sneaking feeling that the school used to be a hospital, because the cafeteria always smelled like medicine. Today, the smell seemed to be heavy. I looked at the school food in front of me. Today was "Under-The-Sea Surprise", and I didn't want to know why they called it surprise. I pushed my food away and began drinking from my water. I looked around the grey and blue cafeteria, looking at the sea of uniformed kids who knew what they were doing. Here I was, the kid who hardly knew anyone and had been embarrased on the first day. I felt as if I was going to walk outside and meet some little girl who would point and me and laugh, saying "Look Mommy! It's that stupid kid from Koe Charter 9th grade!"

 

I felt awful.

 

I looked over and I saw Koda sitting alone on the other side of  the table. She was on the opposite corner of me, and looked pretty sad. I wondered if her day was going as horribly as mine was. Her hair was all on her back, and it shined even in the dim lights. I decided to go over and talk to her. This was an opportunity for us both to make a new friend. I walked silently over to her and sat down. "Hey, are you....allright?" I asked. She looked at me. "Oh hello Sora. Yeah, I feel fine, why?" she asked. I noticed she had brought her lunchbox. Smart girl. "Uh....hey, you look pretty lonely over here. I'm not sitting with anyone. Wanna come sit with me?" I offered. Koda looked at me, then her food. "Sure. Why not?" she answered a minute after.   She followed me to my seat, and sat right next to me. I smiled at her, hopefully showing her that she had a friend in me. "So, Koda, you're interested in skateboarding? That's pretty cool. I mean, well, because I don't know any girls that have liked skateboarding.. How did you become interested in that?" I asked. She shrugged. "I dunno. I mean, it just sorta came to me. When I saw other people do it, I thought it looked pretty fun. So I just went out there and did it, y'know? The rush of the wind tugging at your hair is a feeling to remember," Koda reminesced. I stared into her light green eyes and felt warm inside my chest. I paused. What was this? I had never felt this before. It was a good feeling, but one that was not familiar to me at all. Was I sick? Maybe. I had to remember to go the nurse later.

 

                              After lunch, we all went back to class for a quick math quiz (Mrs. Migen calls it "a refresher", but I call it "torture") and then we all read a book for an hour before it was time to go to our lockers and get ready to go home. "Mrs. Migen," I had said, "I have a question for you." Mrs, Migen looked up from grading our "refresher" (I still say it's "tourture") and looked at me with a puzzled expression. I think she wasn't used to having students asking her questions. "What is it, Sora?" she asked. I slung my bag over my shoulder. "What time do you go home every day?" I asked her. Mrs. Migen looked offended, but she must've forced herself to answer my question anyway. "I get home at 8:00 every day. What gave you this sudden spurt of curiosity?" I pretended to be interested. "Oh, it was just something that came to mind."

 

                             The outside air hung so low and thick I could've swore I was gonna choke on it. Just before I got on my bike, I felt someone tap my shoulder. I closed my eyes for a split second

 

Please don't let it be a teacher, please please PLEASE don't let it be a teacher!

 

It was Koda. I sighed a sigh of relief. "Hey. What's up?" I asked, trying to sound cool. She smiled and handed me a note. "See you tommorrow!" she cried as she ran to a bike. But then I realized she wasn't riding a bike--it was a skateboard! Koda flipped it up, held it in her hand, waved to me, and skated away. I felt myself blushing, so I looked at the note.

 

  Thanks for being such a good friend on my first day, you really helped me get used to this place!

-Koda

 

I felt myself go red all over, and that warm feeling returned. Quickly, I jumped onto my bike and sped home. Wait till I tell Mom about this!!



© 2009 Emunah June.


Author's Note

Emunah June.
Yes, I know that the "beautiful girl" has my name, but that's because I've wanted to use my name in a story for a while now.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
M&M
Great job in one part (the part after you said "I felt awful.") you spelt alright wrong though you put: allright it's: alright other than that it was funny and if you ever published it I would read it. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 18, 2009
Last Updated on August 19, 2009


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing