Prolouge

Prolouge

A Chapter by Emunah June.

                         "She's...gone?" a squeaky voice from the back of the room whispered. Trisha Elric turned around to see her two sons looking her in the eyes. Trisha could feel it coming. The tears and the painful explanation that one of their friends was kidnapped. Her boys looked scared as she walked over and placed her hands on their shoulders. Her eldest son, Edward(9 years old), looked like he was about to pass out. Her youngest, Alphonse (8 years old), looked just as hurt. "Boys....I'm sorry....she was left alone for just a moment and then...." Trisha started, but the words were too painful to say.

 

Hohenheim....I sure wish you were here about now....

 

Trisha knew that this devestaing news was hitting them hard when she saw Edward's eyes becoming moist. "....someone took her. She's gone," Trisha finally let out. Alphonse looked awfully confused. "But Momma, we were playing with her just a couple of hours ago! She can't be gone...."

 

Knock knock knock.

 

"Mrs. Elric?" Trisha heard a voice call from the doorway. Trisha turned around to see a confused looking 8 year old girl named Sasana Brooke. Sasana was only a year younger than Edward, but she looked alot older. "Have you seen Koda? I can't find her anywhere," she asked, and Trisha saw Edward clentch his fists. With a tear stained face, Edward screamed "She's gone! She's gone and she's never coming back!"

 

Sasana cocked her head in a curious position.

 

Trisha inhaled a large amount of breath and bit her lip. She had only heard the news a couple minutes ago. Koda Tucker, an 8 year old friend of Ed and Al's, had been left alone outside her house as her mom went to go put away groceries. When Mrs. Tucker came back outside, Koda was gone. The news had rocked Trisha to her core, and apparently Edward and Alphonse had overheard her consoling Mr. and Mrs. Tucker.

 

Now Sasana's world was being cracked wide open. "Somebody just came and took her away!" Alphonse explained in the best way an 8-year-old could. Sasana stared hard for a moment. "Will they....will they bring her back?" she nearly whispered, her little hands shaking. Edward seemed to be having an emotional overload, as he stamped his foot against the hardwood floor of the Elric family dining room. "You idiot! You just don't get it! They took her away and probably killed her!" he screamed, and with that he spit on the floor and ran to his room, slamming the door shut. Sasana covered her mouth with her hands, her eyes widening. As much as Trisha wanted to shout at Edward for being so rash, he was probably right.

 

And that was something hard for her to admit.

 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

News of Koda Tucker's kidnapping had spread all over Resembool by the time Trisha was putting her sons down for bed. Alphonse had fallen asleep on the couch, so tucking him in and turning off his bedroom light was easy. It was Edward that she was worried about.

 

He was sitting on his bedroom floor in his pajamas, lamely pushing a toy train along the floor. He looked hurt and depressed, and when Trisha came in, he stopped pushing the train all together. "Edward..." Trisha began, but he was already climbing into bed. "I can do it myself," he said, pulling up his blankets and fluffling his pillows. Trisha watched as he sat there for a moment, then started wiping his eyes. "Momma...." he began, then he actually started sobbing. Tears stained his face, his blanket, and his hands as he tried to wipe them away. "Edward..."Trisha began, rubbing her son's back. Showing a clingy side he had never shown before, Edward grabbed his mother and cried into her stomach. Trisha held onto her son, trying hard not to cry along with him.

 

Koda had been a sweet girl, and she had left a very good impression on Edward and Alphonse. Every day, Koda and her next door neighbor, Winry Rockbell, would come and play with them. Sometimes Koda stayed over for dinner (only if her parents allowed it, which was very rare). To have a friend so special taken away from him had obviously hurt Edward. It may have possibly hurt him more than when his father left.

 

Finally, Edward stopped crying long enough to blow his nose, drink a glass of cold water, and go to sleep. As she kissed him on his forehead, Trisha looked over and noticed there was a torn piece of paper on Edward's bed. Her curiosity overtook her as she reached over her son and grabbed both pieces. With the papers in hand, she left Edward's room and into her own. She pieced the papers together so she could see what was on it.

 

What she saw touched her heart.

 

In sloppy handwriting (which was obviously Edward's), was a valentine written out to Koda. Of course, Valentine's Day! How could she have forgotten? It was only 2 days away. Trisha brought the papers closer to the light so she could see what it said better. Across the top, it said "I LIKE YOU", and at the bottom it said "TO KODA FROM ED". But the picture Edward drew in the middle was what pushed Trisha to tears. It was a picture of a girl with a bouquet of flowers and a boy with a heart in his hands. His friendship with Koda, Trisha now knew, wasn't a friendship at all.

 

It was a crush. A childhood first love.

 

Edward must have been planning to tell her on Valentines Day. As she slipped into sleep, Trisha thought about taping the papers together and giving them to Mrs. Tucker at Koda's memorial.

 

And that's just what she did.

 

 

 



© 2010 Emunah June.


Author's Note

Emunah June.
Eheh....I know it's stupid, so don't be too mad. It came in a dream though, so....yeah.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aww it's so sweet! Yeah, the first part could use some work, but other than that it was awesome.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Its such a great prologue, its sooo sad!!!! I love it, now if only you'd finish chapter 7!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I love it! PLease keep writing...or I will die.....MUAHAHAHAHA

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 1, 2010
Last Updated on March 1, 2010


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Everyday Everyday

A Poem by Manda


Can't Let Go Can't Let Go

A Poem by Manda


The Letter The Letter

A Story by Manda


Missing Him Missing Him

A Poem by Manda