Regret

Regret

A Story by Koiel
"

It is time like these that I sit and reminisce.

"
I am kept awake tonight. These thoughts trouble me. I wonder where you are, what you’re doing, if you’re thinking of me. Are we over? Are we still together? How am I to know?

I look over at the candle now, lighting the corner of my room, the small flame bouncing blissfully. It reminds me of our love, I think. The flame is capible if destroying everything I know and love, but... it just dances. I watch it flick and pop.

I go back and read our novels, you know. It is now that I realize I was wrong more than I was right, when arguing with you. I regret being mad over the simplest of inconveniences that came with our quarrels. I held grudges when I could have been holding you close.

Where are you, anyway?
Where are we?
Where do we stand?
How am I to know?

More of these troubling thoughts try to creep in my mind now, I’m feeling. It’s unnerving how easily they enter when you’ve gone.

I’ll wait as long as it takes - for you to come back and grant me my sanity again.

I wish I had appreciated your presence more than I did, dearest love....

Forgive me...
Write to me...

© 2017 Koiel


Author's Note

Koiel
Say what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on December 7, 2017
Last Updated on December 7, 2017
Tags: poetry, poem, Depression, romance, thoughts, love

Author

Koiel
Koiel

About
~I'm lost~ ~Oblivious to the Obvious~ ~I'm waiting for you~ more..

Writing
Broken Stem Broken Stem

A Poem by Koiel


Take Me Take Me

A Poem by Koiel