Forlorn Child

Forlorn Child

A Poem by 송지석 / Ji-Suk
"

A memoir of my past

"

Doing anything for you to notice me,

Anything that it would take for you to notice me 

It’s very noticeable that I’m useless to the two of you despite being told I am likable by my teachers

Why should I stay in this Hellhole, what purpose do I have to remain in this cold place?


I had a dream of gentle smiles and holding warm hands,

but when I opened my eyes, I only saw beer bottles and condoms

Why can't they see me starving for love and attention

I am an unwanted forlorn child.

© 2018 송지석 / Ji-Suk


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Forlorn Child"
Ji-Suk,
I truly found this beautiful. Where you are now and where you were as a child are two different places and you are able to speak of that time from a different vantage point. It is always amazing to me how humanity somehow knows that something is not right. I found it hard to read one more narrative of sadness such as this. Our world is a complex and sometimes dark place. All I can say is blessings to you and that I wish everyone knew, loved and was loved by the Great Lord God that I serve with all my heart.
Blessings,
Kathy

Posted 5 Years Ago


Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

It is good to give your voice and sharing in a world where many are and have suffered. You have an i.. read more
 송지석 / Ji-Suk

5 Years Ago

Thank you!
Kathy Van Kurin

5 Years Ago

Bless you sir.
Hi,Ji-Suk,
Thank you you most humbly for your kind review to my poem, "POETRY".
Unfortunately, being raised in the Houston ghettos, I can relate to your poem of harsh childhood maltreatment, and I hold much compassion, sympathy, and empathy in my heart for you (and, all like us) worldwide.
Fortunately, for us both, we've grown to be good men with a skill to express so much of the world, in the way we've lived and witnessed it, that touches and fills one's heart with understanding.
Your writing and powers of expression are vivid and concisely understood … your English is every bit as fluent as my own, if not more-so.

It has been a pleasure and an honor to read your excellent poem … kamsa-hamnida! ⁓ Richard : )

Posted 5 Years Ago


 송지석 / Ji-Suk

5 Years Ago

Thanks very much! I’ve had a hard life and my older sister who was murdered by my stepfather who�.. read more
Richard🖌

5 Years Ago

You've a fine mind to proud of, Ji-Suk. : )
I have read two others of your poems and I will make my comment all at once here.
The poems were beautifully written in a heartbreaking way, you have given the scenes and feelings to the reader. As these poems toned in a very real and personal space, I will attempt to make an assumption base on the reality. Surely It must be an extremely difficult environment for the forlorn child to grow up and even facing his peers at school due to the tragic conditions of his family matter, however, this is the best advantage for him and I believe that the child is now strong and brave and resistant as he learnt so much from the negative example of his parents, in fact, he is more likely to be benevolent and compassionate with others.

Posted 6 Years Ago


 송지석 / Ji-Suk

6 Years Ago

Thanks! That forlorn child is me! My country is judgemental to these sort of things
This issue is everywhere, the biggest problem is that when You are mature more than all Your friends to know that You can't drag or be dragged to such dangerous acts, You will have to face being like an outcast, or being bullied, this is not fair, never fair, I know, but I also know there are many whom are like You, You just need to find them, as I know that You will be so proud of Your self to pass over this with the least of damages and harms.

it's great, so wonderful that this period of Your life is gone now, and I believe that You are proud of Yourself the way You've dealt with it, as I've said above.

All the best my friend.

Posted 6 Years Ago


You have shown within this poem that emotions can reach out beyond the barrier of languages. This was well written and it truly encompasses the idea of the Forlorn Child. Nicely Done!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Doing anything for you to notice me,
Anything that it would take for you to notice me"

These sentences are very powerful. I really loved the meaning and the style you use in your poetry.
The flow was great and I think that It was excellent!
Keep up the great work!

Your friend,

C. Lee Battaglia

Posted 6 Years Ago


C. Lee Battaglia

6 Years Ago

You're welcome! I thought that your English was great! Would you want to read my story called the bl.. read more
 송지석 / Ji-Suk

6 Years Ago

Uh sure I can read it c:
C. Lee Battaglia

6 Years Ago

:) thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 12, 2018
Last Updated on April 12, 2018
Tags: memoir, poem, childhood


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Critiques Critiques

A Poem by emipoemi