To My Loving Parents

To My Loving Parents

A Poem by 송지석 / Ji-Suk
"

Insight of my past

"

To my unloving prostitute mother and drunk father, I’m sorry

I am to blame for being a b*****d child, I am sorry that I caused others to judge you for the choices you made in the past

The stares from the older people who shook their heads, I am to blame for their judgemental eyes and gossip, I am sorry 

I cried "why can't I be loved?' to the world with their overcritical views 

Why couldn't I be born with loving parents and a world that didn't judge me because of my parent's choices? 

© 2018 송지석 / Ji-Suk


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You have nothing to be sorry for. There are many parents who can't look after themselves yet alone their offspring. Take control, build up your strength and use your sad experiences to reach to the heights. Life isn't easy and it is what you make it. Go for it despite your past.

Best wishes

Chris

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

 송지석 / Ji-Suk

6 Years Ago

Thank you!!!



Reviews

"To My Loving Parents"
Ji-Suk,
The title gives away what the heart feels, wants. What a poem! Contrasting what was not with what is. I found this to be a wonderful example of the good that comes from processing our experiences through writing. so much is revealed and learned by it. another really good writing. Bless ya!
Kathy

Posted 5 Years Ago


 송지석 / Ji-Suk

5 Years Ago

Thank you very much. I am glad you like the contrast.
You have nothing to be sorry for. There are many parents who can't look after themselves yet alone their offspring. Take control, build up your strength and use your sad experiences to reach to the heights. Life isn't easy and it is what you make it. Go for it despite your past.

Best wishes

Chris

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

 송지석 / Ji-Suk

6 Years Ago

Thank you!!!
without those parents, there will be no challenge at all so still be grateful. nice and amazing writing this is

Posted 6 Years Ago


 송지석 / Ji-Suk

6 Years Ago

Thank you!
sette

6 Years Ago

you are welcome
My dad always says, there's no such thing as bad kids, just bad parents. I believe that no one has the right to blame the kids for the parents' mistakes, especially the parents. This poem is really good, I like it

Posted 6 Years Ago


 송지석 / Ji-Suk

6 Years Ago

Thanks! It is a personal experience. Thanks for your nice comment!
NEVER NEVER and NEVER be sorry my dear friend, it's not only the children who have duties toward their parents, but also the parents have duties toward their children, which obviously Your parents didn't do, I live in a society like Yours gossiping and gossiping, shallow talking... and I know how it's very very difficult to be pointed at, or to hear the judgements, to pay a price for something You didn't even do, it's not Your responsibility, when You are the one who needs care and love, BUT You can survive, as I believe You did, the world still have many many caring, understanding and thoughtful people, or those who faced the same situation as You, You are never alone in this my friend, remember that.

Posted 6 Years Ago


 송지석 / Ji-Suk

6 Years Ago

Thanks so much! Luckily my society is changing and I can have friends who love me.Even though it was.. read more
The poem words are hard, cold and direct. We don't decide our parent but we decide our life. Powerful and worthwhile poetry. You made the reader feel every word. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


 송지석 / Ji-Suk

6 Years Ago

Thank you! You are correct about choosing about how we live. I hope to live without regret.
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I hope you can and thank you for sharing your words and thoughts. You are welcome.
Very sad. This is a great poem, and you express yourself very clearly. Also, I just want to add, people with difficulty with their family often have great luck with friends, I hope this is true for you, and I hope your story improves as you go on in life.

Posted 6 Years Ago


 송지석 / Ji-Suk

6 Years Ago

Thank you! I do have very great friends in my life now!
Ouch...this story is not made for the empathetic or faint of heart...or maybe it is. Regardless, you write like English is your first language. Please don't stop.

Posted 6 Years Ago


 송지석 / Ji-Suk

6 Years Ago

Thank you! I won’t stop writing!
This is very sad. You wrote it very nicely and your English is good.

Posted 6 Years Ago


 송지석 / Ji-Suk

6 Years Ago

Thank you very much.
Donna

6 Years Ago

Your welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

540 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 12, 2018
Last Updated on April 12, 2018
Tags: past, childhood, dreams


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..