They are Here

They are Here

A Story by Kriss_Rose
"

Paranoia or Reality?

"
I awoke with a start I heard something fall. Was it in my dream? Then I heard it again. The pounding at my door.

I look at the clock and it says 4am. Who the hell would be knocking at this time?!
Grabbing my robe from the chair beside my bed and pull my slippers on and head for the still knocking at my door.

I turn on lights as I make my way down the hall, while the creaking of the hardwood follows me down in the silence.

Peering through the window I see no evidence of a car. I grab my phone and have it ready to dial 911. Am i just paranoid? It could be someone needing help. Maybe I watch too many movies.

I look through the peep hole still nothing there. I double check the locks and head for the back door. They always go for the back door. Still nothing comes out of the still dark morning.
I lock it tight than check the windows again.

Then i hear it again. The knocking follows me to the living room. Where did i leave my phone? There i find it sitting on the table by my front door. I take it my shaking hand and get ready to dial, when I see someones hand print left on my living room window.

This s**t cannot be happening to me? What did i do?

I press dial and tell the woman i heard someone knocking then saw someones hand print. The police are on their way. I decide to hide somewhere. What else can I do other than standing here waiting for something bad to happen.

I take a deep breath and grab my pepper spray from my gym bag in my room and head for my bathroom. I cannot think of anywhere else to go. My heart is beating out of my chest and I'm shaking so bad I drop the can on the floor.

Pulling my knees to my chest I wait. I wait for them to come. Which "them" will get here firat.

Then I hear it again.. Its knocking at my bathroom door.

© 2013 Kriss_Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

a spelling mistake oops. First not firat*****

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

283 Views
1 Review
Added on February 21, 2013
Last Updated on February 21, 2013

Author

Kriss_Rose
Kriss_Rose

Barrie, Ontario, Canada



About
I am a stay at home mom of two beautiful children and a wonderful husband. Although they drive me crazy sometimes I wouldn't have it any other way. I have been writing poetry and stories since I coul.. more..

Writing
Desire Desire

A Story by Kriss_Rose


The Barn The Barn

A Story by Kriss_Rose