Post-Baby War

Post-Baby War

A Story by Kriss_Rose
"

I am the beautiful me.

"
After the birth of my first child I fit into my old jeans. I bounced back as they said. I still had stretch marks, larger than life b***s, excess weight but hey I just grew a human.
I never felt any less of a woman. I felt like a woman who had given birth nothing more. I always had a decent shape and for too long that's where I held my self worth.
I never paid attention to the media. I was a stay at home mom that did only that.
I became pregnant with my 2nd child. The stretch marks seemed to stretch more, my b***s not as perky but I did not care. I had my beautiful children to show for it. They are the reasons for my body being "less than perfect".
It seemed to me that the media in the last 4 years has become obsessed with this silly notion that I as a woman must never look like I had two kids.
These celebrities are in the limelight but it does not give others the right to judge their bodies.
My genetics play a big role as to why i'm thin but I am no less or more of a woman who has difficulty with the pounds I have put on.
Do you not realize what our bodies go through in the process of sustaining life inside of us? Hormones go crazy, you put on weight, deal with the mental change as well as the physical. I am not the same woman I was. Why should I be? I will (try) my best to be healthy for my children to show them who they are is not dictated by the abs or breasts they do or do not have.
I love the imperfections that are me. I am not completely there I have my moments or days where I feel ugly. I am a beautiful person and screw you who think my body is the reflection of my soul.
Years of being loved for who I was on the outside has made me look deeper. I am the me inside. I can change my appearance, strive to look like I did before I had children, but that is unrealistic. I want to wear my scars proudly and love me.

"I am woman hear me roar."

© 2013 Kriss_Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

345 Views
Added on June 20, 2013
Last Updated on June 20, 2013
Tags: women, children, motherhood

Author

Kriss_Rose
Kriss_Rose

Barrie, Ontario, Canada



About
I am a stay at home mom of two beautiful children and a wonderful husband. Although they drive me crazy sometimes I wouldn't have it any other way. I have been writing poetry and stories since I coul.. more..

Writing
Desire Desire

A Story by Kriss_Rose


The Barn The Barn

A Story by Kriss_Rose