Forget Part 2 (Murder)

Forget Part 2 (Murder)

A Story by Kristan A. Mohammed
"

Part 2 of the thrilling story. See what happens after William dies.

"


  She sat there staring at the love of her life. Only this time, she wasn’t trying to drown his words out. Instead, this time she was trying to remember them.

     Aurora stood at the side of William’s coffin trying to remember every single detail of their time together. Every hug, every kiss, every fight. She would hold them all dear to her heart’s memory.

     The funeral ceremony dragged on as did life itself since his passing. It hurt even more to know that he died so that she could live. She needed some company after the funeral. Being alone with her memories and thoughts of all that could have been was like living the life of a curtain. Suspended, being blown with life’s winds but never being blown away. She decided to seek solace from the last person she thought she’d want to see. Alex.

     It was easy to find out where he lived. Being as popular as she was allowed her the best resources.  As she walked up the stairs she could hear glass shattering violently. She became possessed with fear and adrenaline which made her charge through the front door which was broken down.

     As she entered, the first thing she saw was Alex being choked by a huge, dark man. They were both stunned by her entrance and Alex seized the opportunity to knock the gun out of man’s other hand and break free. He then kicked the man directly in the gut forcing him to bend forward so that he could wrap his arm around his neck and thrust his knee into the man’s ribs several times. The intruder fell to the floor as Alex quickly retrieved the gun. When he turned around to aim the firearm he saw the man running out of the back door like a sleepwalker running towards a dream.  Alex fired three shots but the attacker escaped.

     Alex quickly turned and asked Aurora if she was okay.

“I’m good,” she said with a tremble in her voice.

She was going nuts but could not help but think of how sweet he was. He was the one who was beaten up and had a bloody lip, and yet he was the one asking her if she was okay.

“Who was that?” she asked.

“That’s the man who killed your boyfriend,” he replied with pain shining on his face.

     Then the realization hit her like the bullet that wasn’t made for her, but for him. Alex walked through the back door where he saw drops of blood. A shallow smile began to haunt his face as he realized that the bullet actually did hit its target.

     He looked back at her with the smile still lingering in his pale face but it instantly sailed away across the dark seas under his eyes. He realized again what had to be done. He walked away and headed for his car as she ran behind him.

“Where are you going? What are you going to do?”

He gently pushed her aside, got in the car, and drove off.

     She went back to her dorm feeling like crap. There was just way too much going on. Way too much. She hadn’t even gotten the chance to properly mourn her beloved. She grabbed one of his shirts and smelled it as nostalgia defused through her skin and tears. But even his scent had faded, like the sun, into the night. She sniffed the shirt again and cried herself to sleep.

     When she woke up she headed straight to Alex’s house again. She didn’t have the strength to play the situation earlier but she did now. She couldn’t stop thinking about it. And, although she would not admit it to herself, she was concerned about Alex. She walked up his steps and through his broken down door only to see him sitting on the floor. His hands and feet were muddy and he had blood on his jeans, his shirt and on his neck. He was shaking. Internal agony reflecting on his face like the sun reflects on the moon.

“I screwed up,” he said.

 

© 2015 Kristan A. Mohammed


Author's Note

Kristan A. Mohammed
I completely changed the atmosphere of the story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Being as popular as she was allowed her the best resources.? Nice ending to the piece! May want to add some more description for when Aurora walked in on the two men. Was Alex being choked on the ground?

Posted 8 Years Ago


Very tight prose, and your description of the fight scene was like watching a movie; I almost imagined being there. Also, I definitely want to see what happens next. As Mila said, very well done indeed, Kristan!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kristan A. Mohammed

9 Years Ago

Thank you soooooooooo much. It means a lot.
Congratulations on winning the Need Reviews? IV contest!

Having read the previous piece, I loved the continuation! It was all very well done!

-Mila

Posted 9 Years Ago


I like it, just as much as the first one. The plot line is really getting good.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kristan A. Mohammed

9 Years Ago

Thank you sooooooooo much. Again.
Wow! The plot thickens. Your use of metaphor is wonderful and you write with an intensity that holds your reader a captive and willing aucience. Just one point...I would like to have known how long the time is between the first and second chapters. It seems Aurora wasn't too remorse about losing William because the next day that she was with Alex. ~Sharon

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kristan A. Mohammed

9 Years Ago

Thank you again Sharon. To answer your question, it was 9 days. Exactly four days after the funeral... read more
this was just as good as the first one, and i will be sure to read the next part you come out with. great work and keep it up!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kristan A. Mohammed

9 Years Ago

Thanks a lot. I look forward to viewing your work.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

396 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 27, 2015
Last Updated on March 21, 2015
Tags: love.lost.sad.action.murder.myst

Author

Kristan A. Mohammed
Kristan A. Mohammed

Arouca, Caribbean, Trinidad and Tobago



About
I am trying to uncover the enigma of the human emotion through poetry and other forms of writing. I think that the human mind and emotion is quite interesting to i have based my inspirations on it. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..