Two Weeks passed

Two Weeks passed

A Story by Krys
"

A man finds out just how much one woman can change his life.

"

He walked until his feet hurt. And then he walked some more. It wasn’t the first time he walked this far for her and it most likely won’t be the last.

 

She was the most beautiful person he had seen in his entire life. He was sitting alone at the bar as she burst through the door, her damp clothes clinging to her slight frame and looking like she had gone 2 rounds with Poseidon. Her hair damp streaked across her face, her umbrella turned inside out flinging water all over the patrons and she tried to find relief from the cold. As she sat by the fireplace trying to warm her toes in her leather boots she wished she could take off in public, he couldn’t take his eyes off her.

He ordered a hot cup of cocoa and just as he made his way toward her, she got up from her seat and left for the bathrooms without ever noticing him approach. Minutes passed, so many minutes in fact that the hot cocoa was no longer hot and he had 2 more beers under his belt.

She finally emerged out of the bathroom and that is when his heart stopped. He watched her walk across from one end of the room to another and every eye was on her. Her long, now dry, golden hair looking like she went out in the rain and dried it under a hand drier because this is the exact look she was going for. Her soaking wet trench coat replaced with a firm fitting red dress which left a lot to the imagination.

Intimidated, He finished his beer and left to find a taxi.

 

Two weeks passed.


This time it was his office that she breezed through the door and asked for his help. All she said was hello and again, his heart stopped.  She sat and asked him for help and instead of listening, he memorized her bright baby blue eyes, the sparkle of yellow and silver shimmers in her hair, and the plum colored lipstick she wore and the way it danced when she talked.

He agreed to help her, although he didn’t really know what he was agreeing too, and they hopping in his car and drove across town. They arrived at her ex-husbands girlfriends house a short time after. He insisted on her staying in the car while he went inside as he approached the door being opened by the young beautiful brunette standing beside the tall muscular man.

 He woke the next day to the hot desert sun burning his naked body from above and the hot sand and rocks poking and burning from the back. He was covered in bruises and cuts. He walked until his feet hurt. Naked. In the desert sun.

 

Two weeks passed.


He sat at his desk again staring at the crescent moon shaped scar that curved across the back of his arm. Wondering how he got it, and who cleaned out his bank account. He was about to be kicked out of his apartment. He was a million miles away when his door banged open and a troupe of police burst in the room. There was so much unexpected noise going on that it wasn’t until he felt the cold clamp of cuffs around his arms and was ushered out of the room that he could comprehended what was going on. He sat in the Goal cell after being told his car was found in the desert with a naked woman’s body and his DNA all over her.


Two weeks passed.


The cold confines of the rusty bars and grey concrete of his cell still didn’t feel homely. How he longed for his pipe and a cold beer, reflecting on the day he first saw her in the bar. The next morning, he was ushered out of his cell for a cold shower and a cold breakfast, and then onto a bus with murderers, criminals and low lives. He kept saying to himself he didn’t belong. Still with no idea as to how he ended up in the desert, and how a dead woman ended up in his car 50 miles away yet no one believed him. He was in for life.

He was pushed off the bus, and he walked. Walked until his feet hurt, which was very quick these days, and then he walked some more. Stopping occasionally to pick some trash a careless teen threw out the car window along the highway.

 

Two weeks passed.


She walked. Not for him and her feet didn’t hurt, feeling the cold white sand making its way through her finely manicured toes. Her Yellow and Silver hair sparkling and her white dress glistening and reflecting in the tropical sun. She walked between the row of frangipani flowers layed out along the each to her soon-to-be husband to the beautiful beach wedding they didn’t get last time. With all the borrowed money they have from their conquests, they can live happily ever after, together on the beaches of Fiji.

© 2017 Krys


Author's Note

Krys
This is my very first short story so all feedback and criticisms are welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am totally loving the waves of Antipodean creativity that have washed over the WC lately and this hasn't disappointed Kyrs.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Krys

6 Years Ago

I have only just signed up the other day but i am loving that i have the opportunity to express myse.. read more
Nice story shared and written. I liked each section. Adding to the story line and making the characters strong and worthwhile. Thank you for sharing the amazing story.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Krys

6 Years Ago

Thank you very much. I do not consider myself an experienced writer but i am getting back so much go.. read more
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

All writers are learning. You are doing well and you are welcome.
Well done! I love the repetition here. I think this one is a master piece!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

EJ's Horror

6 Years Ago

Have you entered in any contests yet? It's a great way to get more readers, make friends and get alo.. read more
EJ's Horror

6 Years Ago

soz the question mark was not suposed to be at the end there
Krys

6 Years Ago

I did see one contest that i put his one into. I will definately have a play around with it more tom.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 1, 2017
Last Updated on August 1, 2017

Author

Krys
Krys

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
I have never really used writing as a creative outlet but it is something i have been thinking about for a little while now so thought i'd give it a go. Please, any sort of feedback will be welcome. more..

Writing
the wrong train the wrong train

A Book by Krys



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


New New

A Story by Kathryn Smith


Doodles Doodles

A Chapter by Dr. YumnaKay