Eyes

Eyes

A Story by Kameron Boulton
"

Short Story

"
Her eyes were the most beautiful things in the universe, the cynosure of his endless love. Their divine pigmentation was matched only by the way they always had a raging inferno deep inside of them. A sort of, chaotic animosity that was stunning and almost chatoyant. The way those gorgeous spheres peered deep into his soul whenever she looked at him only drove him deeper into the bottomless pit of their labyrinthine passion. One that sempiternal and summery. Her eyes only became more and more ineffably beautiful when they made love, as they conflated into one being as her breaths became harbingers to the wave of efflorescent and joy. Her eyes were not the only things awe-inspiring about her. Her hair was an auburn gossamer that flowed like waves, and was silk to the touch. Her voice escaped her opulent lips with mellifluous eloquence and met his ears in a ripple of ebullience. Her kiss was a dulcet dalliance that was quite evanescent. It was an ephemeral love that was ripped out of his hands as violently as the cancer ripped her silk hair from her scalp. He sat by her bed on her last earthly day, watching as the furtive disease began its final conquest on her once demure yet halcyon life. He sat holding her petite, pale hand wishing he had some sort of panacea in order to bring his love back from the craggy edge of mortality. Then, in one final susurrous breath she uttered the most quintessential phrase he had ever heard, "I love you". She passed in a wafture of murmurous lassitude as the last beep on the heart monitor turned into one long, woe begotten note on a church organ.  

© 2015 Kameron Boulton


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm not usually one for detail, but it tied in very well with the ending. The only suggestion I have is to change the beginning ("Her eyes were the most beautiful things in the universe") because based on the detail you wrote later. I think you can do better.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 23, 2015
Last Updated on July 23, 2015