Space Dream

Space Dream

A Chapter by Kuandio
"

Woke up from this dream on the morning of 4/29/2016

"

 

Woke up from this dream on the morning of 4/29/2016.  Jotted down the notes on a post-it pad, and moved it over to the computer that afternoon. If your read the whole thing, maybe you can let me know how much potential such a plot has, maybe even suggest a tentative title? Warning: It is a lot like Star Wars. So if I were to turn it into a story at some point, I will substitute the name similarities which I used for the sake of convenience here. Also, maybe you can tell me what the meaning of the dream is?

 

 

 

Space Dream

 

In another galaxy, incredibly far away, I am a young crew member of giant spaceship, akin to a roaming colony.  The captain, our leader, is a woman, similar to a princess. Because of her wisdom and the care she has for us, she is deeply respected and beloved by us all.  Currently our spaceship is docked in a solar system that we are exploring.  There are various planets, mostly uninhabited.  Those that are inhabited, the populations are very sparse.  I get the impression we've been hear months, maybe longer. 

 

Honestly, I am a simple person, not a warrior, or brave.  This world is dry, similar to Mars in color and texture, but the skies are blue with lovely sunshine like on Earth. There is scant, desert like vegetation here as well. At the outpost I am stationed, the houses remind me somewhat of the old west. Constituting this world's sparse human population are some aliens, but I can't remember what they look like.

 

I'm doing research work here, investigating a reading of a powerful energy source we picked up, but which has since fluctuated and disappeared. Thus I am having trouble locating it. Aside from that there is some kind of outbreak of disease. Since I am a basic scientist, I am helping treat that disease. There are dead, laid in the dust.

 

One afternoon a unit of armed soldiers arrive. They seem to have come from another star system. They are not unlike black-armored storm-troopers, but they are better armed and more vicious. They round me and some members of our team up and start asking questions.

 

A new character comes on the scene. He is very similar to a young Han Solo. Using his guns, and the help of an alien sidekick, and or droid, he saves us, annihilating the "storm troopers."  We bury the bodies of these unknown enemies, placing their helmets over their graves. Since we never learned where these soldiers came from, or who they are serving, I am worried what the implications might be.

 

I start to get know this Han Solo guy. He is very confident. Tells me not to worry. He makes a lot of wisecracks. It is dusty that afternoon, and I am very impressed by him, like a cowboy, with his blasters, leather jacket, not afraid of anything. 

 

* * *

 

I explain my research, and he decides to help me find what I am looking for. He shares a common cause with that of our spaceship's mission, and so he enlists, or reenlists, and is now a member of our teams.

 

Skipping ahead.  The source of power was not on that world, but on a neighboring moon.  An expedition is sent to investigate, comprised by me, Han Solo, his sidekick, and an armed scientific team from our giant spaceship.  To move around on this moon, we have to wear light spacesuits, for gravity and oxygen.  We drift a little when we walk.  We enter a buried underground, mindbogglingly ancient ruins of a alien spaceship hull.  It is very dark in here, and we have to use lights to see the interior.  It seems to have been deserted for millenniums.  There is a deep sense of mystery pervading the place.

 

There, on an altar space, we find an artifact. It is small, something lost, forgotten, hidden, covered with dust, but when we uncover it, we see it is beautiful, and humming with bright power. With this relic, we return to our giant spaceship

 

Back on our giant spaceship.  It is amazing here.  The ship is spherical, and at least several miles in diameter, with 10 - 20,000 people on board. There are defense systems, nice places to wander, alien members, everything.  Here we meet with our captain, the princess.  She is doing a very good job as our leader, but it is clear she makes the mission, and the wellbeing of every life on board, her personal responsibility.  With her and small council, we go to the most amazing part of the ship, the center.  It is enormous and spherical. Above and around us we gaze at huge blue holograms of computer information and detailed maps of the cosmos. 

 

We talk to the computer brain of the ship, which is the voice of a woman.  We learn that the artifact belongs to an ancient, semi-immortal alien race that was thought to be only myth.  Consulting ancient history, maps of holograms, etc, we figure out what must be done with the artifact. 

 

There is a world that needs it, to restore it from conditions of atrophy/death (a world similar to Earth, where the leaders weep).  But this world is very far away, and going there is not part of our mission.  Our princess-captain decides to make this our new mission.  Consulting with the ship's computer brain, the distances and the safest route is calculated, and we embark. It'll take about a year going at warp speed.

 

(THIS IS WHERE YOU CUT THE WRITING FOR THE THREAD!!!)

 

If you'd like to read the second half, here is the link on our site:   (LINK)

 

* * *

 

While a month or two on our way to this world, we receive a transmission from an unknown source.  On a screen there is a woman, beautiful, dressed in sleek black armor, with dark hair, and dark eyes.  She is strangely calm.  Beside her are warriors in black armor and black helms and masks.  One of them looks like a "Sith." They seem to be on a spaceship, but we are picking up no readings of any craft in any system.

 

She tells us she knows that we killed a unit of her "storm troopers", and she knows what we have in our possession.  She wants us to refrain from our course and hand the artifact over to her.  She says it belongs to her; its something they have been searching for, for a long time.  I am getting the sense this woman is almost supremely intelligent.  She knows many things she shouldn't be able to.  She seems semi-immortal, almost like a deity, but a cold and threatening one.  Although her appearance doesn't show it, she is also alien.

 

Even though she asks for the artifact, we know she is not from the world that needs it, and that it is probably not hers, but something she wants to possess. In truth, we don't know who she is, or her people.  With Han Solo throwing some insults at the screen, we decide to ignore her, and continue on our course to help this world. We are confident she won't be able to get us. After all, it was only a transmission, and there was no sign of her ship anywhere.

 

Continuing on our course we are entering uncharted reaches of the galaxy. About halfway to our destination world we go though near the center of the galaxy. Ironically, it is one of the most empty regions.  There are no other worlds, or help anywhere if we were to need it.  We are depending entirely on ourselves now.  I recall the extremely surreal feeling of being so far away from anything but our ship.

 

* * *

 

We enter over a vast nebula, purple and a bit pink.  It is one of the brighter parts of the galaxy, with several strange energetic spheres.  The nebula starts to glow from within, as when lightening cracks within clouds. There is a vortex, a stirring of energy there.  Our readings are going crazy.  Slowly emerging from this core, and directly interposed in our trajectory, is a vast pyramid-shaped ship.  This must be a few hundred miles across, all sleek black, with neon purplish and crimson lights flickering.

 

It is an alien ship, something no one believed could exist. We learn that the dark-swathed semi-immortal woman is on board, along with the "Sith." This situation is extremely overwhelming, and I realize we are in big trouble, likely at their mercy.

 

We wheel our ship and start to flee, but a secondary ship, still much larger than ours, detaches from the main pyramid one, gives chase, and hits us with a tractor beam.  Suddenly our warp speed capabilities falter.  The crews onboard including droids are frantically trying to stop the tractor beam.  There is chaos at the command stations.  We are still moving, but velocity slowing more and more.  One droid, terrified, falls on the control panels, saying it is too much.

 

*  *  *

 

Our warp speed is gone. We are not going to be able to get away, and we are far from any help.  Our princess(captain), overwhelmed by the responsibilities at this point, lowers her brow in defeat.

 

We have no choice but to evacuate.  Han Solo says we have to fight them, to hit them with everything we got. Alarms are blazing. There is a simultaneous mad scramble of people going onto ships to evacuate, and pilots entering their fighters to engage the enemy.  Han Solo is one of them going to attack enemy.  I am afraid however, that our fight will be futile.

 

I am rushing to evacuate.  I don't know what is going to happen now.  I fear I will never see Han Solo again.  There is also a romantic interest that this situation is tearing me away from as well, or was it Han and the princess?  I am also disappointed. This guy, Han Solo, who I had come to look up to, was far too confident, and I fear overly trusting in him is part of our downfall.  We are lost, isolated in the depths of space, against a power too advanced to handle, and an intelligence too vast.  What more, the "Sith" are aligned with this new enemy.  This time we have bitten off more than we can chew.

 

There is a great longing in me to return to my home world, but I fear we have gone to the point of no return. Many of us are about to split up, sent on separate arcs of this story, escaping, and going to many places throughout the surrounding regions of the galaxy.  Han will face the "Sith", and the alien demi-god woman.  Yes, her powers are almost godlike.  The princess at least, seems like she will be temporarily safe. 

 

I decide I will not try to find my home-world. I must do something else. I need to go find strength, or power, so I can help the others, my friends, Han, the princess.  Am I taking the artifact with me?  I think I am.  I am also going with Han's sidekick, and one or two others.

 

The only problem is that the enemy has sent a looming bounty hunter after me, as well as Silenus. The latter is a red wizard, capable of using dimensional portals, and he will be hunting me down across space-time

 

And why did we find the artifact? I am beginning to realize that it called to me, or to us.

 

I don't know what is going to happen...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2016 Kuandio


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The meaning of this dream? A Star Wars experience of your own.

Anyway, with enough tweaking, the dream has enough substance and fragments of original ideas. It can work, that is if you manage to work it out through a story. In fact, why not post a sample of this Space Dream as a story? As in a realized story, with actual plot and rounded characters.

And yeah there's no plot, it's just random events happening out of conveniences. Try to shape it up, develop your own set of characters based from this dream, to avoid making it a blatant Star Wars wet dream. Best of luck, because I would like to read your original idea.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Kuandio

7 Years Ago

Thanks Al Javier! So far, two people think the dream plot is kind of lame, and now with you, four pe.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

360 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 2, 2016
Last Updated on May 25, 2016


Author

Kuandio
Kuandio

CA



About
I started drawing comics when I was about four or five (not much better than dinosaur stick figures). Over time I found I couldn’t express enough through just drawing and was always adding more.. more..

Writing
Broken Stars Broken Stars

A Chapter by Kuandio


Poems Poems

A Book by Kuandio