Faerie Good

Faerie Good

A Story by Kurureenu

 

 

 

She ran. As quickly as she could, not caring about the branches that came in her way or cut at her flesh and wings. Not caring about what was at her bare feet or the trees that she quickly weaved through. Not caring about anything except that she was running for her life away from the humans that chased her. Away from the very mortals that only wanted her kind for their own sick uses and advantages. That’s why her breed was dying out so quickly. That’s why she could possibly be the very last one.

The girl eventually felt something catch her around the waist and pull her away from the path that she was on with a shriek from her. A hand quickly clasped over her mouth and a harsh whisper told her to be absolutely quiet and to be still or they will both die.

She obeyed.

There was a rush of feet passing by where they were hiding and continue on, shouting orders to catch the faerie girl. To make sure she didn’t get away. She kept herself as calm as possible, trembling against the stranger as they knelt low in the bushes to keep from being seen until the coast was clear. Though the wounds that the girl hadn’t cared for before stung around her body and she didn’t know how much blood that she had lost until she passed out.

~*~*~*~

The girl chuckled slightly, repressing the grin that threatened to grace her features.

“What is so funny there, lass?” the man who had helped her in the forest earlier and helped her get away from the others asked.

“Your name,” she answered simply and truthfully. “I’ve never really met anyone with such a feminine name before.”

The man smiled. “Then what is your name, lass?”

The girl stopped laughing and looked off to one side. “Logan,” she murmured in reply, crossing her arms.

“I’ve never met such a girl with a masculine name before,” the man chuckled as he set a bowl of stew in front of the girl. “Eat up. You need to regain your strength. You got so many nicks and cuts on you that you could have bled to death running if I hadn’t came to your rescue.”

The girl nodded obediently. “Thank you, Ashleigh,” she murmured.

“Just call me Ash. Please,” the man almost begged with a kind smile.

“Okay... Ash,” the girl replied, merely testing his name on her lips.

“What are you doing? This is my home!” Ash hollered toward the official men that had barged into his home when he was out at the river getting salmon for lunch for himself and Logan.

“There had been word that you were illegally housing a faerie in your home,” one of the men, a short messenger type person who could never hold his own in a fight, had said. “We have been sent to search the place in the name of the Queen.”

Ash was about to step forward and throttle the man, but one of the soldiers stepped next to him and he froze to his spot, letting the men search through his house, rifle through his things, and hoping that they’ll find no such thing of the girl. A whisper of air tugged at his black tendrils and he knew that feeling and smiled.

“What are you smiling for?” the messenger man asked.

Ash shook his head. “I’m sorry. I was in my happy place for the moment. Part of managing my anger a bit,” he lied with a fake smile.

One of the other soldiers came out and told the man that he had found nothing. The messenger man nodded. “Okay. Then we shall take our leave and let this be a warning to you, man. No one gets away with housing a faerie under Queen Bernadette’s ruling,” the man said before he lead the hoard of men away.

Ash sighed of relief when they were gone and Logan landed next to him, falling over against him slightly. The man caught the girl and easily picked her up and carried her into his home, like he had done before. “You should really be careful, Logan. What if you fainted while up in the air? You are still weak from the other day,” he warned with a kind smile.

“That would never happen,” Logan replied stubbornly.

 ~*~*~*~

Logan hummed as she picked another flower from its spot and joined it with the rest in her left hand. Every once in awhile, she took the time to sniff the bouquet that she had in her hand before she continued. When the bundle was getting to big for her hand, she held it close and started off through the trees to get to Ash's place in order to put the plants into water. It would be nice to have a bit of a... feminine touch to the place that she had been healing at for awhile.

Her injuries were diminished, but she didn't quite want to leave yet. She just wanted to return a favor by doing a few things she hoped Ash would apprieciate before she flew off. Though he was hunting and getting some supplies at the time being, she figured she get away from the place for a bit.

"Nighty-night, faerie," someone grunted before a pain spread at the back of the girl's head and she fell into a pool of black.

~*~*~*~

"Logan! I'm back!" Ash called as he stumbled through the doorway and dropped his load on a wooden table nearby. When he didn't see any sign of her, he glanced.around and called her name once again, but louder.

Still nothing.

The man cursed, grabbing his weapon, a ratty sword that couldn't even cut paper that well anymore from years of use. He ran outside of his home and glanced around to see where she might have going. There was a path created in the brush not too far away and he quickly steered his body toward that direction in order to find her. His feet seemed to be going faster than his mind before the man tripped. He quickly got back to his feet and looked around.

There was a bundle of flowers scattered on the ground and some pressed as if someone had stepped on them or laid on them. There were two pairs of footprints. One being the bare feet of Logan and the other being a much bigger pair of boots.

"Logan!" Ash hollered.

 

© 2009 Kurureenu


Author's Note

Kurureenu
Critics welcome, just don't annoy me. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on August 14, 2009
Last Updated on August 15, 2009

Author

Kurureenu
Kurureenu

More-is., IL



About
What? Oh yeah... About me. I'm twenty years old now, still writing a lot and dreaming of new ideas as they come. I've written more songs and neglected to put them up. I've also written more stor.. more..

Writing