rains on the vegetable patch

rains on the vegetable patch

A Poem by poddar kushal

Rains on the vegetable patch

 

Sickened, it came waning

From the up North, land of ice.

Feverish cloud, it came only

To ebb at your windowpane.

Rain; rain on your small love’s patch

Where your vegetables grow

Drunk on white blood of the cloud.

You never knew the story

The cloud came here to say.

 

Come out. If the rainbow may

           Remember from a life

               Over the other end.

 

 

 

© 2008 poddar kushal


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Spiritual piece...
All what i can say is...
This poem deliver to the reader a sesational taste of giving and struggle...
I liked "Where your vegetables grow" it gave me the feeling of the Natural Giving...

Good Job...
Keep up the good stuff...

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I know I should have read and reviewed this a long time ago, but I've only just not long have my spring vegetables in... Yes I grow my own like most people do around here.... Anyhow, I know what I'll be thinking when I eat them now... I'll be thinking... All the little secrets and prayers and voices and well anything expired damply into the air has feed nourished and grown them, so, by me eating them, what little secrets might they have to teach me? What a profound (be it silly) thought indeed.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Lovely.
Seems like it says so much, in so little.
I love those.
Good work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is almost as though the rains are begging the vegetables to come out of their hiding places in the cold ground and grow because there is life ahead.

It is almost as though the person inside is hiding and doesn't want to know what is happening outside the window.

It is almost as though the rain is promising a growing future for the vegetables and the rainbow is promising hope.

It is almost as though the vegatable patch and the person inside are the same- vegetating, in despair and not wanting to see or feel the hope the rain and rainbow offer.

This is a good write because apart from the immediate imagery of the words, there are so many other possibilities of meaning here. A deep thought provoking poem.

Well Done

Jen-JG




Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A wonderful poem filled with lovely visuals and a smooth flow. Great Job!

Posted 16 Years Ago


my first reading and i saw just that, a storm. (been mighty stormy here in upstate new york this week) and then on my second reading, i was drawn into the greatest tragedy of my life, the unexpected death of my first husband, father of my two children (my vegetables, so to speak) so many heartaches can be intertwined with these words. that's why i love your writings, so many levels, so much spirit.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Very moving piece. I too agree that your work is open to various interpretations depending on the reader.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

We have to always keep waiting and hoping for the rainbow- never give up hope. :+)

Posted 16 Years Ago


Excellent work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the way that you work is often open to many different interpretations. I really favor the line:

"Drunk on white blood of the cloud." like Sidd.

Wonderful write!

-Gabe


Posted 16 Years Ago


I like the title. 'you never knew the story' intrigues as does the rainbow. Could the rainbow signify love with the cloud being male and the vegetable patch female? Ach, love's rainbow all too short, but that seems to square with reality which tends to produce endless emotional mud and then dust.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

583 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 27, 2008

Author

poddar kushal
poddar kushal

kolkata, India, India



About
life and trying to earn bread made me an advocate. mad at my own stressful self, turned to writing. poems mainly. but, there are several short stories published in my mother toungue 'bengali'.i live i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Spider! Spider!

A Poem by Tania Leigh