the wolf (crescendo of silver)

the wolf (crescendo of silver)

A Poem by poddar kushal

The wolf (crescendo of silver)

She knows by the flight of homing birds

Her hunger will grow to reach the nails.

The tingling nails will curl to seek preys.

She looks at the streak of trees doused in

The liquid crescendo of silver.

Moon barks out at the sad bluish earth!

She crawls towards the lake on the plain.

Hunger and hunger extending roots…

She hunts for her life.

But the bullet that

Enters in her head

Is for sick men’s’ game.

Silver quivers on the dirty lake.

 

 

© 2008 poddar kushal


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

awwww poor wolf. such a shame to senselessly lose such a gorgeous creature. and since i am pretty sure, she is not on the menu for the hunter's dinner, it is doubly depressing. can you tell i am not fond of 'sport hunting'? this is beautiful, pensive, raw and i love it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Nicely done. She hunts because, as a carnivore, she has to to survive.

Humans don't need to kill animals to be healthy, and the point is nicely made that the destruction of this animal was purely for pleasure and unnecessary. Poor wolf.

I like this.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Aw the wolf.
I liked the descriptions you used in this piece.
It gave a great flow.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Aww... I don't like hunting for sport. I mean, it's one thing if you're going to eat the animal you kill, but quite another to kill because you can. I hate it. Such a gorgeous creature to be felled for 'fun.' Just who's having fun here? It certainly isn't her. Wow. This quickly became a rant instead of a commentary on the poetry. I love the imagery, though sad. The flow of the words was also lovely. I love the focus on hunger, both literal and metaphorical. It climbs steadily towards its unfortunate climax.

I am seeing many metaphors here. This poem could be read so many different ways. The nuances and messages here are wonderful. Great job here. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

.


deep

.

indeed very deep...a portrayal of wolf...of women...or just a metaphor.....to life, death...need.
I'm seeing many a pictures...different...a dark night...moonlit night....riverside....dark..a silhouette....coming towards the river....I'm not sure whether it's a human crawling on its knees...or an animal....but its very much haunting.......deep.....some thing's happening...

a very different write.

thanks for sharing....I'm still thinking of it...perhaps I'll write something...thanks once again.

awesome write.

regards,
rupam

Posted 16 Years Ago


So sorrowful.. but beautiful.. i love this .. not the subject but the way you wrote it ,, very powerful ..

Chloe
xoxo

Posted 16 Years Ago


the nature and theme made this poem a mountain of beauty... i really enjoyed the entire bounty hunter type piece... very nice theme and orginal too!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Powerful work. The imagery ... the story... the ending ... all were so inspired. Really fine work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow what an inspiriational piece, it sucks you in and then tosses you about and leaves you understanding but wanting more... well written and nicely done

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

You do feel for the wolf being shot....a very creative way of writing about this.


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Loved it, the imagery, the subject, wonderful

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

447 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 9, 2008

Author

poddar kushal
poddar kushal

kolkata, India, India



About
life and trying to earn bread made me an advocate. mad at my own stressful self, turned to writing. poems mainly. but, there are several short stories published in my mother toungue 'bengali'.i live i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..