[untitled]

[untitled]

A Poem by poddar kushal

 

Those waiting eyes
The wait of rain has been soaked in meadows.
The warmth of a fragile hand is still on
The support of the porch. A pair of eyes,
Tired and looking beyond, now is not there.
These paths have not always let men reach their
Chosen destination. The open sun
Is making the earth golden-green. Days pass.
In nights the waiting eyes light out like a
Magic lantern. Waiting keeps age at bay.
Paths send the men awry to some frozen
World of reverse-wait, flying ash and dusk.
The warmth of the hand lingers through the circle
Of life and death, of tides and ebbs. Time flies.

© 2008 poddar kushal


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

How do I say this is lovely with out being so plain? Sometimes I feel so inept when trying to state appreciation. The motion of time in this piece is so back and forth and still and fast until its imaterial.
Very nice writing, but then I dont think I have read a piece you have written that has not been something special.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I'm not sure what to say without being so cliche... This seems to me like it is about preserving youth as 'time flies'. This is another great work from you. Excellent job.


Posted 15 Years Ago


Nicely touched to the paper, my friend!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I'm wondering about the first line here: are you waiting for the rain to fall in the soaked meadows, or do you mean the weight of the rain in the soaked meadows... both lines are possible, but give the poem a different twist...
Yet I like the image of the waiting eyes, lighting up in the night, reminiscing about the relativity of time and eternity in an effort to stop time itself and preserving youth.

Posted 15 Years Ago


How do I say this is lovely with out being so plain? Sometimes I feel so inept when trying to state appreciation. The motion of time in this piece is so back and forth and still and fast until its imaterial.
Very nice writing, but then I dont think I have read a piece you have written that has not been something special.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

312 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 7, 2008

Author

poddar kushal
poddar kushal

kolkata, India, India



About
life and trying to earn bread made me an advocate. mad at my own stressful self, turned to writing. poems mainly. but, there are several short stories published in my mother toungue 'bengali'.i live i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..