Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Ky

Chapter 1

          I paced the entrance of the movie theater, glancing at my watch every couple of paces. He was late, again. He probably forgot, or got really lazy, and didn’t bother to call and tell me. So, I got my cell phone out of my back pocket, dialed my mum’s number.

“Hello?”

“Hey mum, Jacob isn’t here yet, and the movie started 15 minutes ago.”

“Is that right? Well, I’ll call Tyler and tell him to pick you up, okay?” Tyler is my older brother, and my mum always wanted him to drive my places.

“No, it’s okay. I have my car. No need. Thanks though. I just called to tell you; I’d be coming home sooner.”

          I heard a soft sigh on the other side of the phone. My mum hated me driving. She was always afraid I wouldn’t be able to control my senses one day on the road and, well you know, go crazy and crash.

“Mum, don’t worry about me. I’ll be home in 15 minutes, okay?”

“Oh, alright. I love you, Kennedy.”

“Love you too, Ma.” I hung up my phone, and slipped it back into my back pocket.

          Jacob was always late; always failing his driving test, so his mum has to drive him everywhere. Her or me. And I yell at him every time because he doesn’t bother studying for the test, and passing it.

          I walked over to my car and dug my keys out of my purse. My car isn’t the nicest thing in the world, but it gets me from A to B and sometimes C, if I have enough gas money. It’s pretty clean, smells of coffee and vanilla, radio works, and that’s all that matters.

          As I put the key into the ignition, my phone started to vibrate. I can’t have it on ring, since I never know when my phones going to ring, it could catch me off guard, when I’m not really controlling my hearing. So, the ring would be way too loud.

          The named that popped up was Jacob. I answered it,

“Yeellow,” I said as I turn the key to start the car.

“Ayee, I’m so sorry. My mum is out shopping with her friends and I couldn’t find my phone.”

“Don’t be sorry. Just study for that drivers test and pass the damn thing.”

He chuckled, “When do I ever study? And besides, why do I have to pass it when I’ve got the two greatest drivers any guy could ask for?”

“Well, you keep thinking that way if you want, but you getting dropped off and picked up by your mommy to and from school isn’t gonna help you get girls, my friend.” I laughed softly, putting my phone down, setting it to ‘loud speaker.’ I reversed out of the parking stale.

There was a long pause, “Fine, fine. You win.”

“Don’t I always? Anyway, I’m going home, and my mums making lasagna, so you can join if you’d like.” I don’t know why I bother asking, it’s like he can smell the food from my house, because once my mum puts the food on the table, he’s at the door.

“Oh, I’ll be there.”

“I know you will.”

           We both laughed, and I hung up.



© 2012 Ky


Author's Note

Ky
Tell me what you think~
Ky xx

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

228 Views
Added on December 2, 2012
Last Updated on December 23, 2012
Tags: Family, Movies, Friends, Driving, Senses, Hearing, Sight, Taste, Smell, Friendship, Chapter, One


Author

Ky
Ky

Germany



About
Tooo lazy. more..

Writing
Proface. Proface.

A Chapter by Ky


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Ky


Who Am I Really? Who Am I Really?

A Book by Ky