Alone?

Alone?

A Story by Kyle J. Lawson
"

A demonic creature terrorizes a young man.

"

You slip under your blankets and flip off the lamp next to your bed. Darkness envelops the room. Your mind begins to drift into sleep as your head sinks into the feathery softness of your pillow. You feel your muscles relax as exhaustion works its way from your body. First your feet and legs, then your arms and hands. Soon, your limbs feel as if they were never there. Almost, phantom-like.


With your body relaxed, a tight silence embraces you. A silence so deep, you can hear your own blood pump rhythmically to the beat of your heart. Finally, your mind calms and sleep draws near. Until, you hear something. A sound that emanates through the silence. A dull, scraping sound that comes from an unknown location in your room.


Your muscles tense up and body goes stiff. The sound continues for minutes that seem like hours. It stops abruptly and relief floods through you. It was only a tree branch scraping the house. Yeah, a tree branch. You think to yourself. You go with that even though you know it is not true. A tree branch scraping against the house would not explain why it sounded as if it were coming from the room its self. You close your eyes hard and think of everything possible to get your mind away from what you just heard.


Moments pass without a single sound. Sleep, once again, feels just at the brink of your mind. Then, you hear it again. That dull, scraping sound. This time it is closer. And now you can detect where it is coming from. To your left, near the door. Reassurance enters your mind. You are confident at whatever it is, must be leaving. Somewhat relieved, sleep finally takes you.


You wake up to a cold, hard pressure on your ankle. You roll over and read the soft glow of the numbers on the clock. They indicate that nearly two hours had passed since you fell asleep. You shift to your back and stare into the pitch darkness. Then, you feel a second pressure push on your calf. Your body goes stiff as the pressure moves along your thigh. Your mind races and your heart nearly beats out of your chest.


Then all goes still. The pressure is gone and you are thrown back into complete silence. You try to move your arms and legs but nothing responds. Something is weighing them down, something heavy. The heaviness lifts from your limbs and moves to your chest. The breath is nearly stolen from your lungs as you begin to panic.

To your horror, a pair of glowing, teal orbs emerge from underneath the blanket. The dim light coming off of them reveals an oval-shaped, leathery face. No indication of mouth. Just a blank, pupiless stare.


Something moves into the frosty light from above the creature. Some kind of long appendage, like a tail. The creature turns its head in curiosity and examines you. Your mind tells your body to leave. But still, it is completely paralyzed. 


Your face is gently caressed by the appendage hovering overhead. And suddenly, it splits apart into four segments revealing rows of misshapen teeth lining pink, fleshy walls. And gooey, thick fluid drips everywhere. The appendage jolts towards you without hesitation.


And everything...goes black...

© 2013 Kyle J. Lawson


Author's Note

Kyle J. Lawson
A Creepy Pasta, short horror story. Review and rate it for me. If you decide to review, please be specific.

Thanks, Kyle~

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

F**k!!
I imagined this story totally by mind and soul. And seriously that abnormal small creature was horrible. I was actually scared when suddenly it splits into four and attacked violently. And the way you describe this creature is amazing man. It can scare anyone. I imagined this creature as sperm type. So as it movements. Ha ha :D. I loved it loved it. Two thumps up ;)
And i love the way you split the creature. Once i was high with hash intake,and i imagined several copies of an ugly old woman laughing at me and spreading their arms towards me. They were in sitting position, but their bodies weren't touching grounds. ha ha. So this story made me think again of that old woman :D

Good job. Excellent ;)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kyle J. Lawson

10 Years Ago

The thing about the old woman seems pretty disturbing. Did you write about it?
writer in trial

10 Years Ago

will write it soon :)
Kyle J. Lawson

10 Years Ago

Awesome! Looking forward to it! :)



Reviews

O.o I love the horror and how suspenseful it is. You've written it really well! It's not predictable and all, well not for me anyway haha. Now I gotta sleep! >.<

~ Noodle. ★

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kyle J. Lawson

10 Years Ago

Good luck trying to. :p
s y e

10 Years Ago

Ha! Well I did! :P
I loved it. I love the horror stories although many are predictable and not very suspenseful, your's was very well written and was suspenseful. I loved it! Great job.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kyle J. Lawson

10 Years Ago

Hey thanks! It needs a bit of work to make it a little easier to read. When I read over it, some of .. read more
Kaylee Mae

10 Years Ago

I think these two would be good to kind of connect in the series of short stories if you wind up doi.. read more
Kyle J. Lawson

10 Years Ago

Yep, they're very similar. It makes sense to me. :p
F**k!!
I imagined this story totally by mind and soul. And seriously that abnormal small creature was horrible. I was actually scared when suddenly it splits into four and attacked violently. And the way you describe this creature is amazing man. It can scare anyone. I imagined this creature as sperm type. So as it movements. Ha ha :D. I loved it loved it. Two thumps up ;)
And i love the way you split the creature. Once i was high with hash intake,and i imagined several copies of an ugly old woman laughing at me and spreading their arms towards me. They were in sitting position, but their bodies weren't touching grounds. ha ha. So this story made me think again of that old woman :D

Good job. Excellent ;)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kyle J. Lawson

10 Years Ago

The thing about the old woman seems pretty disturbing. Did you write about it?
writer in trial

10 Years Ago

will write it soon :)
Kyle J. Lawson

10 Years Ago

Awesome! Looking forward to it! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 14, 2013
Last Updated on July 8, 2013
Tags: creepy pasta, horror, thriller, dark, scary, fear, creature, paranormal, supernatural, demon, beast, unknown, darkness, nightmare, nightmare fuel, monster, story

Author

Kyle J. Lawson
Kyle J. Lawson

Greenwood, IN



About
Greetings everyone, I'm Kyle. I've recently gotten into writing within the past three years and love doing it. I'm always looking for ways to improve, since I'm nowhere near good or great in any shape.. more..

Writing