Say Good-bye

Say Good-bye

A Story by GreenIvy
"

This was suppose to be a book but i got lazy.

"
         Sitting at the foot of the TV screen while surfing through channels, I noticed the time had almost reached midnight. It was so quiet that you could almost hear a pin drop.
           
           "Mum?" i hollered across the room.

          Not a  single sound was made nor heard. Curious, i got up to see where she could have been.

           "Mum...where are you?"

           Once more, no response. As i had made my way up the stairs, every light in the house had automatically shut off.

            "Crap...really?"

            Making my way back down the stairs to find the circuit breaker, there she was, standing right in the middle of the living room. The moonlight that was flowing through the blinds gave the living room an eerie look, giving my mum a ghostly appearance.

            "Well...there you are..."
      
           Not a word was said from her. Something didn't seem right. I could feel the tension building up in the room. Suddenly my heart stopped. All i could see now was the knife she waved around before her in the moonlight. 

            "Real funny...you can put it away now."

           Slowly, i started to take a few steps back. The strange look in her eyes began to scare me. The dilation of her pupils left a dark and hollow void, making it seem as if her soul had left her body.

            "Mum? Are you okay?"

           Before i could react, she threw the knife passed me and all i could hear now were the vibrations of the knife as it hit the wall and the sounds of my blood dripping from my cheek, hitting the hard wooden floor. She slowly started advancing towards me.

             "Auroea?...You're going to die tonight..."

           As soon as those words slipped out of her mouth, i had quickly made a mad dash for it and ran up the stairs.

             "Auroea?...Where are you? All i wanna do is have a civil conversation..."
  
           Sitting there in the closet in my room, i hid from the fate that awaited me. Reaching for the phone in my pocket, i could hear my bedroom door open.

             "Auroea...come out, come out, where ever you are..."

            As i peaked through the crack of the door frame, i could see her gliding across the room. Sitting there, beads of sweat started dripping down my brow as i hoped to god that she wouldn't find me.

              "Auroea Blackwell! If you don't get your a*s out here..."

           The tone of her voice had made me jump, giving her a clue as to where i had been hiding.
              
              "...There you are..."

           Suddenly the closet doors opened right before me.

              "You've just made this really hard on yourself you know."

           Two strange looking men stood by the door way as my mum yanked me by my arm and dragged me out of the closet.

               "Where's the money?"

           One of the men standing before us opened up a suitcase filled with a wad of cash.

               "There. Now hand her to us."

            My heart slowly began to sink at that very moment as i realized the type of situation i was in.

               "Mum, if it's money you need, i could work for it. It may take some time but i am willing. Please don't do this to me. Please."

             As we all made our way down the stairs, one of the men paused.

                "Ma'am, are you sure you want to do this? Once she's ours, she's ours for good."

             She looked at the money and then looked at me.

                "I'm sure."

              My eyes grew cold as the last view of my mother was her slamming the door in my face as they took me away. As tears strolled down my eyes i asked,

                "Where are you taking me?"

               Neither of them answered but rather put me in the back seat of a van with tinted windows. Soon after, i found myself being covered over the head with a black bag and from then on out, my destination and where about's where unknown to me as with the rest of my life. 

             

        

© 2012 GreenIvy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Riveting story! I couldn't stop once I had started reading, so well done. You write very well. I like your writing style, as well.

Posted 11 Years Ago


You have a taste for the grim and macabre ... well, you do write it most rivetingly.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

GreenIvy

11 Years Ago

You are probably the first person to describe my writing like that. I like it. Thank you. ^__^
Sarusai Hiryu

11 Years Ago

You're welcome.
Excellent story! I was hooked into it from beginning to end! You should definitely make this into a book! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

GreenIvy

11 Years Ago

And thanks for the review :)
writingcrazy55555

11 Years Ago

I'm so glad you decided to! I can't wait to read it! ;)
writingcrazy55555

11 Years Ago

And you're welcome!
i love this story you must continue it even if its just a little bit i love this soooooooooooo much

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

GreenIvy

11 Years Ago

I've been thinking about it. I just might do that :)
marie

11 Years Ago

i hope you do this story has so much potentianl
This is heartbreaking! Really good. But I can't understand why the mother gave her child away, just for money! I want to kill that mom! But you know, I have to calm down. Its just a story, right? I REALLY good story!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Forever Hidden

11 Years Ago

I never thought that the mom would do that! This story ( for me ) is unpredictable.
GreenIvy

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much! :) I'm glad you liked it.
Forever Hidden

11 Years Ago

Your welcome! Keep on writing!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

290 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 11, 2012
Last Updated on July 11, 2012

Author

GreenIvy
GreenIvy

About
"The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say." ~Anaïs Nin I write because i love it. I'm not too sure of my writing abilities though. more..

Writing
Whole Whole

A Poem by GreenIvy


Clue Clue

A Poem by GreenIvy