Set adrift on a raft for the heavens on Earth

Set adrift on a raft for the heavens on Earth

A Story by Slave to Rock
"

Surrealist Politcal Observation

"

 

                I first awake to see the ceiling tiles floating subtly above my bed.  The textures dance before my eyes like ballerinas before they take flight.  A new dawn opens up a new world with new opportunities to look forward too.  The vicious dictator has been put in his place.  For the first time in a long time the world appears to gleam again.
               
I put my first foot on the ground and the ground pushes back with an absolute feeling of wonder.  The second reiterates the first in a profound fashion.  I unfurl my wings and take my first look around of the day.  The room reverberates like the ripples of the calm sea at dawn.  I can see the water slowly pass over the rocks eroding them into glorious gems.
               
As I dress, my thoughts can do nothing more than flutter in the victory that has been achieved.  The crusade has come to an end but the after math will roar on for decades, although my mind chooses to not focus on that... for now.
               
The rest of the day progresses on in the same surrealist fashion.  The colors and sounds are unearthly and the faces of the people have come out from hiding.  Their small smirks of valor quickly overtake them and turn into floods of raging emotion.  All but a small few of the loyal drones drink their coffee with vicious pride.  The words they exchange are nothing shy of overwhelming.  Even the ones that you thought sought to push the many into the sands of time appear to simply enjoy their day.
               
I watch a conversation unfurl and there is no need to overhear a word.  I know what they are saying.  They are exclaiming their new found humanity and reassuring one another that the tyrant has been done away with and they can once again serve their nation with sheer gallantry.  The knights of the old republic have come home to roost and with them, they have brought a new sense of humility with which they will never retreat again.
 
Lovers embrace with newfound dignity.
 
The trumpets boast their triumphant roars.
 
The greedy now seek to hide themselves from the reaping they have sewn.
 
Washed away by the tides of truth, we have purged the demon.  The beast has been slain and a true warrior has taken its place.  He shall hold the torchlight high to guide us all in achieving the enlightenment we all deserve.  We helped fight the fight and in return we shall be shown a king's gratitude.  Alleviate the poor, defend the sick, and defend us from the evil remnants of the regime that almost swallowed us all.  The whole world will know him and respect him, and with his respect, it will turn back to us.  We will be unafraid to hide from our global cousins and embrace them in this new world.  These are the thoughts on everyone’s wondering minds.
 
 A woman clumsily drops her hand bag in the street because her focus is elsewhere, but a true gentleman rushes to snatch it up before it has a chance to become decimated.  I watch and think to myself that only yesterday the woman’s valuables would have been lost.  The unknowing children in the playground dance and play with youthful vigor.  They may not understand what has taken place, but the difference in the world has impacted them as well.  The tiny angles will hopefully never have to relive what we have lived, but hopefully they will all learn what has taken place so that they can take us even further from the shadows of the conspirators.  The future tales of old must be written now.  Embraced the stories must be instead of feared.  All of us together can mend the wounds and set adrift on a raft for the heavens on Earth.
 
As I returned to the sanctity of my own personal dwelling, I tried to reflect on some of the moments of the day since past.  Few words exist to truly explain the feelings set afoot that day because the overwhelming nature of it all was, and still is, too much for many to wrap their thoughts around.  As Christ was hoisted up onto the cross, we have ripped Satan from his throne.  His power removed and given back for all to share and use as it was intended; for the greater good.
 
 

 

© 2008 Slave to Rock


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
Added on December 12, 2008

Author

Slave to Rock
Slave to Rock

Minneapolis, MN



About
Can't we all just play nice and get along. more..

Writing