War Crimes

War Crimes

A by Slave to Rock
"

A look into when to do the right thing.

"
There comes a time in everyone’s life where they must stand up for what they believe in despite the trials they may endure in doing so. It’s part of being human. It’s part of being alive. It’s the rule.
With rules of course come exceptions. Does the old “eye for an eye” slogan actually work or does violence only beget more violence. I think that’s a question that’s answered easily enough. The real question is; when do you put your foot down? When do you face your wrong doer and demand justice and what levels of justice are appropriate for the situation.
As a nation we are now faced with this question. Our current leader has spread his seed of lies and abuse of power which has lead to an unforgivable amount of lost lives and economic disasters. The repercussions from his, and a few select others actions will haunt us for generations to come. We have been told to show unwavering support for our troops and the time has come to protect the lives of those who protect us. The time has come to show them that we do support them, that we do respect every ounce of everything they do for us. It’s time to hold the people responsible that have put their very lives in jeopardy. 
Professionals in varying fields across the globe believe that at least some levels of war crimes have been committed. The astonishing thing is they believe that no further course of action is needed. Their hope is that history will live to account for what has happened. Knowing history so that it does not repeat itself is extremely important and in that, they are not wrong. The only problem with their scenario is that there are people who are currently trying to amend history to work for their own personal benefit. This is nothing new. This is a time honored tradition. The only way to make sure that history goes into the books as accurate is to put our fearless leader on trial. Burn him at the stake.
The major arguments are as follows. The primary is that the efforts that would have to be put into a trial would be very long and arduous tasks. The amount of money spent would be of ludicrous proportion. The battle could extend for an indefinite period of time. All of this is undeniably true. The second argument comes in the form of political repercussions. This is also very true. It would be made to look like a finger pointing, name calling contest. It could re-divide the country. The true purpose of justice could very well be swept under the rug. Careers would be ruined, parties’ reputations would be damaged, and it would sprawl to everyone. It is nothing shy of a daunting process. Which price is costlier in the long wrong; to ignore the problem and to simply move on, or to fight for our dignity and prove to the world we are who we claim to be; the most powerful, fair, and evolved country in the world.
Their crimes are numerous. The backlashes of their crimes have been experienced by every single American citizen. They have breached the very constitution that they were elected to protect. We have lost lives, money, and respect. What is their left to lose? That is why I say we fight the fight. We do what is right and we stand up and give it to them so hard that they finally start to feel our pain. We will show them what they have done to us. We should take back our republic, our democracy and we will show them what it means to be an American; apparently they have forgotten or perhaps never known. We will show them that are principles have gone unchanged and that we are not the selfish, self-serving people that they had thought us to be. We acknowledge that people have different beliefs and different ways of doing things and respect that. We do not trample that. We are a melting pot society, forged out of persecution. Forged out of choice. Forged out of diversity and freedom of choice and our right to choose will not be taken away from us. We should choose to try him in the system that we created. We should show him that it does work and that no American citizen is exempted from our laws. We created our laws to ensure order and our right to make choices on our own. Now we should exercise our right. We should show him that we do have the right to choose and we should show him just how powerful of a right that is. Cross us on a whole and threaten the very fibers of everything that we have built with our weathered hands and you will find yourself coming to terms with the fiery sword of justice. We need to hold you accountable for your crimes of war, crimes against humanity, crimes against the world, and your crimes against the American people. United we will stand.

© 2008 Slave to Rock


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

I was a Soldier for 15 years. A army support to be used for defense. USA had not been attacked since Japan attacked us in WW2. When I was in. The Saudi's wanted to pay the USA extra money for defending their country. President Bush said my soldiers are not mercenaries and wouldn't accept the money. We were mercenary for oil and rich nations. Thank you for your thoughts on a important topic.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 20, 2008

Author

Slave to Rock
Slave to Rock

Minneapolis, MN



About
Can't we all just play nice and get along. more..

Writing