Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Kaelyn Shea
"

I havent decided if it's finished yet or not

"

  "Clayton!" called Ms. Richmond, "What time are you going to pick up Danni?" Cameron looked at his phone to check the time. His phone flashed 7:30. Cameron sat up from him nap quickly and looked at his phone again hoping he got the time wrong. Seeing that his phone still read the same thing he got up cussing under his breath about being late. As he walked out of his room he grabbed the hat Danni had gotten him last week. He smiled as he put it on remembering how happy she looked when Clayton said he liked it.

    He grabbed his keys by the door and went over to his mom on the way out. "Bye Momma! I'm going, love you!" he said as he kissed her cheek and headed for the door. "Be careful, and have fun!" he heard his mom tell him as he closed the heavy front door. When he got outside he took a deep breath of the fresh autumn air. It was October 28, Clayton and Danni's three month anniversary and he always tried to make every anniversary special, even if it was just three months. He stopped at the local florist and got three yellow roses and a box of chocolate. He paid for the flowers and candy, then drove to Danni's house.

    When he pulled up outside her house, he shut off his car, and got out. He walked up to the front door and knocked three times quickly. While he waited for someone to answer the door he straightened his clothes and made sure he looked good for his girl. Just as he looked up Danni's father opened the door. "Hello young man," Mr. King said, looking stern as usual. Mr. King was a very nice man, and was often really cool, but he always looked very angry. He had a way of scaring Clayton even though Mr. King completely approved of him and Danni dating.

    They shook hands, and Mr. King let Clayton inside. "She'll be done in a sec, but you can go on up if you would like. She's doing her hair," said Mr. King before he went back into the den, and sat down to watch the football game. Clayton laughed and told him thank you before climbing up the stairs and going to Danni's room. Her door was closed so he knocked and told her it was him. She told him to come in and as soon as Clayton had closed the door, Danni was hugging him. He picked her up and kissed her before setting her back down. She smiled and told him he could sit down on the bed while she finished her hair.

    Clayton watched as she straightened her long hair that she had died bright purple, two weeks earlier. He smiled remembering when she had walked into school and all the guys had stared. She had walked over and kissed him, almost liked she had wanted to prove to everyone that she was his girl. Danni fluffed and teased her hair, put a black bow in, and then turned around and looked at Clayton.  "Do I look okay babe?" she asked looking worried. He looked her up and down, she was wearing a black and purple Batman shirt, bright purple skinny jeans and black vans. She spun around again so he could see all of her. He stood up and put his hands on her hips, and pulled her closer. He kissed her forehead and told her, "You look beautiful baby-girl, you always do." She smiled and kissed him before taking his hand and leading him back down the stairs.

   They stopped and told Mr. and Mrs. King goodbye before they went out the door. When they got to the car Clayton opened the door for Danni. She saw the flowers and chocolate on the seat and gasped. She looked at him questioningly, making sure they were for her. He nodded and smiled at her. She kissed his cheek and got in, putting the flowers and chocolate on her lap. Once he had gotten in and started the car, Clayton looked over at her and asked "You ready to have some fun?" She looked up from smelling the roses and nodded smiling, "Hell yeah!" she said. He laughed and said "Good! Here we go!" as he revved the engine and sped off.

   They drove through town for about ten minutes and then Clayton pulled into an abandoned parking lot. He turned off the car and reached into the backseat. He pulled out a red bandana and told Danni to close her eyes. She looked at him nervously but did as she was told. He laughed as he tied the blindfold on and said "Don't worry baby, I'm taking you to a surprise," She nodded slowly with a grimace on her face. He smiled and kissed her cheek "You worry to much my love," She blushed and slightly smiled at him.

   After he made sure the blindfold was on he drove and drove and finally pulled into a parking lot. He turned off the car and got out. Clayton went over and opened Danni's door, and helped her get out. "We're here baby," he said as he pulled the blindfold off. They were by the river in downtown. She looked around trying to figure out why they would be here, and then started smiling and jumping up and down. "Oh my God! Babe, are we going to see that -" he pulled two tickets out from behind his back cutting her off. She squealed and kissed him hard. "Oh my God! We get to see the 'A Day To Remember' concert! Oh my God! Thank you babe! Oh thank you Clayton, thank you, thank you, thank you!" He laughed and kissed her. "You're welcome babygirl," he said. He picked her up and gently swung her so she was on her back and he was giving her a piggy-back ride. She held on tight, continuing with her thank you's, and laughing giddily.

   As they walked up to the concert entrance, Clayton handed the man their tickets, and walked into the crowd. Clayton, being the 6 foot 2 basketball player he was, got through the crowd with quite a bit of ease. He maneuvered Danni until she was sitting on his shoulders with  her legs wrapped tightly around him so she would not fall. She leaned down and kissed his head and whispered "Happy anniversary babe," Clayton looked up and smiled at her. While the opening bands played,  Danni squirmed with nervous excitement on his shoulders dancing and singing along as 'The Ready Set' and 'All that Remains' played. Clayton continued to laugh and dance around with her on his shoulders to  make her laugh more.

   Finally Philip Labonte, the lead singer of 'All That Remains', came out and started to introduce 'A Day To Remember'. Danni and Clayton screamed along with the crowd, begging the band to come on. Before long they heard the first few notes to "I'm made of wax Larry, what are you made of?" Danni screamed and started singing along, dancing and smiling the entire time.

   The band played three more songs and then Danni asked to be put down. Clayton set her down and she took his hand and smiled at him. He smiled back and leaned down, following her hand motion, so she could talk in his ear. She said she wanted something to drink and asked if he would go with her. He nodded and followed her as she led the way out of the crowd. They went over to the drink/food stand and she bought a blue Monster Energy drink and he got a red one. They walked over to a grassy hill on the other side of the stage where no one was at. They would still see the stage perfectly, so they laid down and listened to the music. They laid there holding hands, drinking, and listening.

   The concert ended and they got up still holding hands, and walked back to Clayton's car. He opened the door for her again, then got in the car on his side. He took her hand as they drove to their favorite restaurant and sat down. She sat next to him in the booth and he wrapped his arm around her pulling her close. They ordered their food and ate, then left and went to Clayton's house.

   They walked in the door and Clayton and Danni both went to go find Clayton's mother. They found her in the living room watching a movie. They both said hi before they went over to the couch and sat down. Clayton leaned in the corner of the couch made by the arm and the back of the couch connecting. Danni was sitting on the edge of the couch on the other end of the couch. Clayton smiled at her and patted his chest. She blushed and scooted next to him. He smiled and shook his head as he gently pulled her so her upper body was laying on him. She blushed and squirmed to get more comfortable. She curled her legs onto the couch and leaned against Clayton, smiling wider as he wrapped his arms around her and took one of her hands and squeezed it.

  As Clayton and Danni continued to watch the movie with Clayton's mom, he started to notice that Danni was shivering. He pulled her closer, but she continued to shiver. Starting to worry, he reached beside the couch and got a blanket. He draped it over her, and pulled her close to him once again. She smiled and rubbed her head against his arm, silently thanking him, and then went back to watching the movie. The movie ended and another one, because they were watching the movie channel, came on and they stayed to watch that one. Half way through the movie Danni fell asleep.

  As the movie ended Clayton looked at her, and smiled thinking of how beautiful she was, how lucky he was that she was his. He was looking at her when he realized she was shivering again. He carefully got up, making sure he did not wake her up as he got off the couch. He ran to his room and grabbed another blanket and a pillow and went back to the living room. He threw the blanket over her and gently lifted her head to put the pillow underneath. He kissed her goodnight and called her parents to let them know she was asleep on the couch and he didn't want to wake her up. He would bring her back home tomorrow. 



© 2011 Kaelyn Shea


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

364 Views
Added on October 24, 2011
Last Updated on October 24, 2011


Author

Kaelyn Shea
Kaelyn Shea

Little Rock, AR



About
Pen Name: Serena Name: Kaelyn Shea Age: 18 Gender: Girl Sexual Orientation: bisexual. Too bad. Relationship status: Taken March 1, 2012 Piercings: Yes, double ear, cartilige, and belly button H.. more..

Writing
I lied I lied

A Story by Kaelyn Shea