Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Kaelyn Shea

 Danni woke up the next morning, feeling cold and sore. She looked around trying to remember where she was. She saw Clayton's living room, and recalled watching a movie, cuddling with Clayton, and then falling asleep in his arms. She smiled at the memory and sat curled with her knees to her chest under the blanket, thinking. She heard someone walking down the hallway to her far right, and sat still waiting to see who it was. Clayton walked out of the hallway and over to her moments later, kissing her on the forehead and sleepily mumbling "Good Morning". She smiled at his cute morning voice and told him good morning as well before kissing his cheek.

   Clayton sat down on the couch next to her and immediately wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close to him, so close she was practically sitting in his lap. She hid her face in the crook of his neck, her warm breath tickling him. He squeezed her gently, holding her close. They were curled together like that when Clayton's mom walked in. Danni looked up and said "Good Morning Ms. Richmond," His mom looked at her and smiled shaking her head. "How many times have I told you not to call Ms. Richmond? It's Mama, darlin'" Danni laughed and got up to hug her. "Yes mama," she said. 'Mama' smiled and hugged her back. Clayton, still sitting on the couch looked up at his mother sleepily, nodded, and mumbled "Morning Mama" His mom laughed and told him good morning and rubbed his head.

   Mama brought Clay two pain pills and a glass of water before asking what they wanted for breakfast. Danni smiled and shrugged, while Clayton put his head in his hands and shrugged as well. "You two are so helpful," Mama said sarcastically, before walking into the kitchen and getting the stuff to make pancakes, eggs, and bacon. Danni walked into the kitchen and asked 'Mama' if she needed any help with making breakfast. Mama set her to working making the bacon. Clayton had disappeared into his room to change clothes and came out wearing skinny jeans, a gray v-neck t-shirt, and purple vans. He walked up behind Danni and wrapped his arms around her waist, and because he was a foot taller then her, he put his chin on her head, and gently started swaying back and forth with her while she was cooking. Mama smiled at them, and asked if Clayton could detach himself from Danni long enough to make the eggs. He looked down at her longingly but nodded and start on the eggs as his mother had asked.

   The food was finished and they had just sat down to eat when the phone while Clayton and Danni started to eat and decide what they were going to do for the day. They were laughing and talking when Mama came back in the room. She was smiling but she looked kind of sad as well. Danni and Clayton stopped talking and looked at her. Clayton looked at his mom worriedly, and got up, took her by the hand and led her to her room. Danni had stopped eating and sat at the table quietly waiting for him to come back.

   Almost ten minutes later he walked out and told her what was going on. "The hospital just called. The man that killed my mom's brother when she was younger just died. She's a little bit shocked and wants to be alone for awhile. She gave me some money and we're gunna go to the fair for the day," Danni nodded and cleaned up the breakfast dishes. She finished putting everything in the dishwasher and walked over to Clay. "I need a shower babe, and to change clothes," she said. He smiled and kissed her forehead. "I know baby, I'm going to drop you off at your house so you can get ready and I can come back and get ready, and then come pick you up and then we'll go to the fair okay?" he said, lovingly looking in her eyes. She smiled and nodded. He took her hand and led her out the door grabbing his keys on the way.

   When they pulled up in front of Danni's house about 15 minutes later, she leaned over, kissed him, and then got out and headed into the house. She watched out the window as he drove away. She ran into the den, kissed her parents and told them hi and what the plans for the day were, then ran upstairs to get ready. She got in the shower and got cleaned up. As she stepped out of the shower she turned her radio on and grabbed her toothbrush. She looked in the mirror criticizing herself for eating so much at breakfast. She looked at herself one more time before starting her routine she went threw every time she ate. She leaned over the toilet and probed her throat, making herself gag until it was all gone. Standing up, gargled some mouth wash and rinsed her face with cold water, then looked at herself in the mirror and smiled looking at her slender, pale figure in the mirror.

   She walked back into her room and began to get dressed. She looked in her closet, smiling at all the black, gray, purple blue, and white she saw. She picked her blue skinny jeans, a plain gray t-shirt, and black vans. She put them on and then started straightening her hair. She was just putting in her gray skull earrings when she heard the doorbell ring from downstairs. She grabbed her phone, wallet, and quickly sprayed herself with axe. She walked out the door and went downstairs to find Clayton in the den talking her parents. He turned around, still wearing the same clothes he was earlier only he was wearing the hat she had gotten him, with his hands in his pockets and smiled when he saw her. "Hey beautiful," he said before he hugged her. She blushed and said hi. They told her parents good-bye before heading out the door.

   As they drove, Clayton took Danni's hand and squeezed it tightly. She looked over at him and smiled. She turned on the radio and started singing along to Fall Out Boy's "Thanks For The Memories". Clayton looked over at her and laughed. "You're cute babygirl" he told her before looking back at the road and continuing to drive. They pulled up near the front entrance of the fair, found a parking spot and got out. Clayton took her hand again as they walked up to the ticket stand and waited in line. Once they got up to the stand Clayton paid for the tickets to get in, and two "Unlimited Rides" passes. They put the passes on and went threw the gate, joining into the throng of people wandering around the fair.

   They ran from ride to ride, swerving through people, and running from one line to the next, laughing and talking. They rode as many rides as they could screaming loudly and dramatically. Clayton and Danni had just gotten off of a particularly fast ride called the Nemesis 3000 and decided to stop for some food and something to drink. They went to one of the many food stands and got a Euro for Danni, and a foot-long corn dog for Clayton. They shared a sprite and a big plate of fries. They ate quickly and decided to go on more rides. Clayton said he had to use the bathroom and he'd be right back. Danni nodded and started looking in the clothing tent near the bathrooms. She was looking at the jewelry near the front of the tent when someone grabbed her butt. Startled she turned around and saw one of the jerky guys that went to her school. She gave him an evil look, flipped him off, and turned back around. Seconds later she felt the boy grab her hips and slowly start to rub and grind her butt on his hips. She turned around and slapped him. "F**k off, a*s hole!" she said loudly. She walked away from the boy, now standing in shock holding his face where she had slapped him, over to Clayton who had just walked out of the restroom. He smiled at her and took her hand oblivious to what had just happened and pulled her toward the rides.

   Around ten o'clock Danni started looking tired and kept yawning. Clayton suggested they ride one more ride, and then go home. Danni smiled and nodded. They ran to the Farris Wheel and quickly got on. They snuggled close to each other and watched the people as the wheel went around and around. After they got off, they went back to the car and drove back to Danni's house. She kissed him and told him to call her in the morning then got out and went inside. She went up to her room, closed the door, laid down on her bed, and fell asleep, still in her shoes and clothes.  



© 2011 Kaelyn Shea


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

275 Views
Added on October 26, 2011
Last Updated on October 26, 2011


Author

Kaelyn Shea
Kaelyn Shea

Little Rock, AR



About
Pen Name: Serena Name: Kaelyn Shea Age: 18 Gender: Girl Sexual Orientation: bisexual. Too bad. Relationship status: Taken March 1, 2012 Piercings: Yes, double ear, cartilige, and belly button H.. more..

Writing
I lied I lied

A Story by Kaelyn Shea