Im going to be me

Im going to be me

A Poem by Kathryn Ann

How can you be made from two people, but yet none of them understand you?
Why is it possible that your half of her and half of him, though they can have no idea who you really are..
The mold you and they sculpt you into someone they want, into someone they think is right.
Yet, how do they know thats what you or i really want?
Shouldn't my consent be involved into what my being will become?
Shouldn't I have a say in how my future is planned out?
They think its best this way.
That by shoving their thoughts, their beliefs, and their wants into my head, I'll be less likey to run a wild.  
But there wrong. So horribly incorrect its duscusting.
They should know that either way, in the end, I'm going to be exactley what they didnt want,
Im going to be me.

© 2009 Kathryn Ann


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's good you like to express yourself through writing, it is very healthy, and I find theraputic.
I'm saddened to read this piece..you must feel such pressure from your parents, you need to feel free, and as you say, be you!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
1 Review
Added on November 10, 2009

Author

Kathryn Ann
Kathryn Ann

About
I write when i need to express myself. I have a fear of people i know seeing my work. This is the only place i can seem to do it. Help me get better and i will appreciate it forever more..

Writing
Hate Hate

A Poem by Kathryn Ann