Nihon Wa Ramedesu

Nihon Wa Ramedesu

A Story by Brandon Langley
"

My take on Ninjas and Samurais and what not.

"
A dark silhouette arose from the already dark sky, facing the bamboo wall of the hut. If anyone were awake to see the man, they wouldn't see much but a black cloth covering most of his body, aside from his eyes and the space between, across his back was a large black sheath, holding an extremely sharp blade that could pierce through human bone. Out of the tall grass behind him came dozens other similar figures. The leader of the black-clothed group of mercenaries drew his sword, held it in front of his face, between his eyes, squinting. He drew the sword back over his head, and before he brought it down, he heard the soft flickering of a fuse, and looked to the other side of the hut to see a fuse  leading to a mass of powder kegs, "KAYAKU!" the leader screamed as the group turned and fled from the encampment, but it was too late.
Bodies flew and ears rang as the Forty-Seven Ronin dismayed the remaining attackers with their advanced fighting style, armor, and strategy. The Ronin leaped into the air, unsheathing their katana, and flew towards the ninjas. The leader of the Ronin landed first, rolling on the ground, swinging his katana wildly, and finally standing upright, signaling for the rest of his men to hunt the fleeing attackers. He turned his head left, then right as his men ran from the encampment in pursuit, seeing one of the ninjas, lying on the floor, squirming, dying. The Samurai approached the man, through the slit of his mask, he could see the man's eye, pierced by a bit of bamboo shrapnel, twitching and bleeding. He pulled off the dying man's cloth mask, taunting him, "Anata ga nai meiyo to shinu." He pulled off his leather mask, spitting in the dying man's face, sheathing his katana, and pulling a knife from its holster. As the man put a knife to the ninja's neck, the leader of the attackers, who had somehow barely survived the explosion, leaned up on one arm, and with the other, he reached into his bag, drew a shuriken, and tossed it at the man, using two fingers. The shuriken flew at the Samurai, who turned, hearing it whistling through the air, and was hit dead center between the eyes. The Ninja leader dragged himself to the dying ninja, weeping, "Watashi wa mōshiwakearimasenga, shōnen to watashi, watashitachiha shippai shite iru." The leader then pulled the dagger from the dead Samurai's grasp, stabbed the dying Ninja in the neck, and then did the same to himself.

© 2013 Brandon Langley


Author's Note

Brandon Langley
Didn't really know what to categorize this as, I figured that since Feudal Japan was in the past I should classify it as historical...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
Added on June 24, 2013
Last Updated on June 24, 2013
Tags: Ninja, Invasion, Historical

Author

Brandon Langley
Brandon Langley

Virginia Beach, VA



About
I hat my life. more..

Writing
H+ H+

A Story by Brandon Langley