Blush

Blush

A Poem by LA Lorena

my fingers itch to impart

inky lines upon pale pages

for your pleasure

 

 

 

A wanton need fulfilled when

wrapped metaphors shroud me

in mystery

and veiled intentions wear clever disguises

 

 

 

cloaked in lace imagery

I prettily beg to be peeled back

layer by layer

to expose that hidden and secret

inner core

 

 

 

I blush

 

 

 

I need you

 

 

 

only you can undress me

gently pry apart my lines

tenderly palpate stanzas

and oh so lovingly

coax my intentions

to the surface

 

 

 

 

 

© 2013 LA Lorena


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This simultaneously made me gasp and sigh at the same time, it's that freaking good! Your sensual strokes most certainly tickle these pages and I dare say many poets can relate to this euphoria whilst longing to be understood. We write for our souls but we birth these tokens in hope that we connect with others. This is bliss from thy pen LA, now... that's what I call 'blowing my skirt up'!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LA Lorena

11 Years Ago

Thanks for the high praise Frieda, it means a lot coming from you! Now pull your skirt back down, .. read more
Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Ha do you think anyone ever said that to Marilyn? ;-)

My pleasure, phenomenal piece of.. read more



Reviews

Hey stranger.
Glad to read a lovely poem from your pen again.
I like this one very much.
It is my favorite thing in the world to feel like I understand another person a little bit and that maybe they understand me a little bit too.

Glad I read this poem again.

Posted 10 Years Ago


love the fount! like a elegant menu font, serving the smoldering temptress over crispy pages...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Literature has a heart and soul . . . it's alive--you've just proven it with this piece

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is very well crafted, Lorena. A sensual tension noted toward not only writing, but to the reader, undressing each line, tearing off the veil and exposing the writer to a host of things within their soul that has been laid out on the page: conjecture, vulnerability, sensuality, depth of feeling, etc. This is a truly enjoyable read!

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
MAC
just love the way you wrote this. this is laced in sensual intelligence. excellent!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love the write to your own muse as you blush to your own reflections.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Titillating and seductive. And I adore how you weave in the poetry metaphor....The need for fulfillment is addictive...the speaker cannot get enough and is enjoying the game of teasing herself and her partner/reader.

Perfect write!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LA Lorena

11 Years Ago

Woot! Pleased another English teacher! SCORE!!! Thank you, thank you! I was rather pleased with ho.. read more
rubie

11 Years Ago

Mission accomplished here!! Bravo!!
Smooth and mesmerizing piece. The tone. And the reader can almost hear your voice; soft. I believe your structure was key here; the reader falling over a cliff of words and into an inviting meadow below. where the last stanza was waiting / sublime.

Diego

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LA Lorena

11 Years Ago

thank you Diego. I have been giving some serious thought to doing a spoken word poem or two.
I am not always a fan of poets writing poems about writing poetry (Yeah, I write them too...), but I love this. No. I LOVE this poem. What a sensuous, gorgeous depiction of the poet as artist, and more importantly the relationship of poet and reader. Described as a sort of tantalizing game, it becomes clear that it is more than that. Poets want to be discovered, know, "partaken of," not merely read (and even enjoyed). The gamesmanship here shows that it is more important that that. Nice. You know what I am going to ask. Can I?

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Verser

11 Years Ago

Dyslexia.
LA Lorena

11 Years Ago

I'm sorry! I should not have been so flippant. You can always just call me LL, many do. :)
Verser

11 Years Ago

Love that.
What an eloquent way to express sensuality... You certainly delighted my senses.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

Well I am delighted that you are delighted :)
In fact my cheeks are rosy :)
LA Lorena

11 Years Ago

that's right! kimmer is back, and she has probably already been slapping them! ;)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

Well that would be the other cheeks :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1600 Views
31 Reviews
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on February 16, 2013
Last Updated on February 16, 2013

Author

LA Lorena
LA Lorena

Canada



About
Hello, I'm known as LA or LL. I am a bit of an enigma, but I like it that way. I'm on a bit of a hiatus from the site for now, as life has gotten a little busy, but I shall return. more..

Writing
There There

A Poem by LA Lorena