fd&c blue no.2 #2

fd&c blue no.2 #2

A Poem by LJW
"

Companion piece to fd&c blue no.2

"
It's still raining. The humidity is almost as thick as the air that hangs between us. Why do I hurt you this way? I can't look at you anymore. I alone curved your spine forward. Hooded your eyes with a downward gaze. Left your hands shaking with the palsy precipitated by short circuited dreams. I am lost in myself. Please do not try to find me. I am surrounded by synapses that fire like laser beams and I will know you're coming before I see you coming. I will run in fast circles. If you catch me I will spontaneously combust.
(There is no US)

I need to pick some tomatoes before they go to rot. I can see a crow on the back fence from where I sit. It's so quiet here. I am paralyzed by the weight of your fear. There is much to say I've been rendered speechless. I am numb in all my untouched places.
I am completely numb.

Birds are frantically dive bombing the flower garden.
All the sunflowers are bent like hair pins, their faces shoved into the mud.

The water in the pool is rising.

© 2016 LJW


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

loving the simple statement in images ..."It's still raining. The humidity is almost as thick as the air that hangs between us. Why do I hurt you this way? I can't look at you anymore. I alone curved your spine forward. Hooded your eyes with a downward gaze. Left your hands shaking with the palsy precipitated by short circuited dreams. I am lost in myself. Please do not try to find me. I am surrounded by synapses that fire like laser beams and I will know you're coming before I see you coming. I will run in fast circles. If you catch me I will spontaneously combust.
(There is no US)"
then the recognition that the water is rising and the sun will not shine...almost time to float...

Posted 10 Years Ago


While your inner emotional world is frozen in place, the rest of the world spins. The birds fly, the sunflowers (great personification of them)bend in the wind....but you are there, not sure what will happen next. "there is no us" a heady realization that has the power to stop the world. Incredible write. Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago


this is really strong...that urgency shown in the lines as it progresses....

that pulling away that some of us do after so many heartbreak...we feel we are dangerous to others who might love us...so we become self absorb...

everything rises and explodes around us...

really good write

Posted 10 Years Ago


You can definitely tell the change of tone in this one. It is more urgent, an apex.
"I alone curved your spine forward." I loved the image of this line.
"I will know you're coming before I see you coming" I related to something in this. I don't know what but I felt how you would feel at this moment. and of course "(There is no US)" So cutting. So final.
Great idea to end it with the pool water rising.

Thanks for sharing. Wonderful write as always.

Posted 10 Years Ago


It comes. The feelings with the visuals. Strongly and that is a testament to the writings power. It talks of only perhaps a few moments but those moments in context come to mean so much to us the readers. An exceptional write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LJW

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much Ken. You commented on FD&C no.1 that you would like to film it, perhaps make a sou.. read more
Amazing how you express the un-expressible. Pain, distraction, focus, pain... constantly wondering, praying for when the rinse cycle starts. You've created a sense of un-releaseable tension for the reader. Marvelous rendering.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

we ask each other to wear our demons...some are larger than others, so the costume looks too big, and weighs heavy on both souls

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
7 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 28, 2013
Last Updated on August 8, 2016

Author

LJW
LJW

New England



About
I have been gone for a very long time. Writer's block. It's a thing. Good to be back. ❤ more..

Writing
Sketchbook Sketchbook

A Poem by LJW


The  Unbecoming The Unbecoming

A Poem by LJW


Plant Plant

A Poem by LJW