A Message For Michelle

A Message For Michelle

A Story by T. Val
"

A letter that I never sent...

"

Dearest Michelle,

 

Before you ask how I've been holding up, I want you to know that I'm just fine. I figured you'd ask because you've always been so warm and selfless. And yes, that's me being sarcastic, I know you always loved that about me. Maybe we can take this opportunity for you to get a few things out in the open since I'm convinced that our entire stint was just one big ongoing lie. First things first: I used to ponder whether or not that magic number of yours that at one time brought you to tears found a way to climb higher when monogamously speaking, it was supposed to stay frozen. Just say it so that I have some closure. Was my lust just not enough for you? Did you dispose of those twelve upside down roses to the right  of your bed that were saturated in dust because you found another hand puppet to play with? Was it the guy whose name started with a C, or maybe the guy whose name started with an S? This is just getting confusing now. I just really hope that my eyes were the only ones to see the things that were unveiled to me on the fourteenth day of February.

 

I want you to know Michelle that I no longer listen to our song from "Juno" that we used to love. Because I used to not be able to see what anyone could see in anyone else but you, but my shades have since been lifted, and now I can. I also no longer think that that song that the Beatles wrote about you is beautiful. I actually find it to be dull and stupid.

 

I was just thinking of something funny. Do you remember that endless night we shared together on the floor of your bathroom because I was too afraid to leave you alone? Even that night wasn't severe enough to stop you from spitting obscenities at me when all I was trying to do was take care of you. It's ok though. Did you mean to say "thank you" instead? I know sometimes you can mix your words up without realizing it. Tell me, how did you decide whether Jekyll or Hyde was making an appearance once the bottle was flipped upside down, and how come you had to be inebriated to make those three dangerous words sound sincere? I always treated you like gold Michelle, and I was just your rusty bracelet that you so securely had wrapped around your wrist. I really should have gotten out of the fire when I could. But c'mon, this was my first rodeo. I was oblivious to the fact that you had plans to leave me for dead. Was I wrong to wonder wheather or not this was normal and we were just going through the motions?

 

I know the core of our back and forths concentrated on all of your green days that you never told me about, but I always knew. I was with you long enough to know that you were always sweet enough to have anything that I disapproved of on the top of your to-do list. Let me just tell you that I know I was never good enough for you, but I did try. Looking back on it, you were my blessing in disguise. So for putting me out of my misery, I thank you. And to whom it may concern, I ask that there be no clapping of the hands at the conclusion of these syllables that you have just read. For nothing involving Michelle is worthy of even the dimmest of ovations.

 

Sincerely,

T. Val

© 2013 T. Val


Author's Note

T. Val
Please give feedback, review, and enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Feels like you are being very open and honest with yourself...I wonder why you never sent it (if this is autobiographical). Having "balls" doesn't make you man and I hate that so many people out there cannot seem to comprehend that. Interesting, you had me from start to finish.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

T. Val

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much for reading



Reviews


But you never sent the letter -- ahh, I missed the fine print. This is definitely an intelligent exercise in exorcising a demon.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This letter is lightening bolts, tazers and acidic venom. But after reading the discourse on the tumultuous relationship with Michelle, one considers those things her due. Michelle reads like textbook borderline personality disorder, poster girl for young adult dysfunction and the nightmare of every mother of a son.

The young man writing this letter surely found that writing it was a cathartic experience, and surely it served as balm to his remaining open wounds. But one also wonders if a being like Michelle, hell-bent on a course of mayhem and self-destruction will comprehend. She is obviously so narcissistic that the pain and disappointment of others is as inconsequential as dust in the wind. The statement about the Beatles song is a big ouch for someone my age, bur again, the vengeful emotions fueling the letter support it. At the conclusion, the reader feels that the young man has been harshly awakened to the venality possible in the opposite sex, and that is a good thing, but the reader also hopes he will not measure all women by Michelle's example.

I also find it interesting that there is no hint of a physical description of Michelle, only of her behavior. That gives the diatribe maturity, because (no offense) we all know young guys do not notice young girls because of their superior intelligence or remarkable personality. Not trying to make a generalization -- I think the lack of a physical description only adds to the horror of her treatment of the young man.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is interesting, it has its own unique kind of eloquence. But, it strikes me as a little purposeless, like there are brilliant moments, but in between them I don't really understand what's going on or what's being said. You have my attention, as a reader, but you don't do a whole lot with it. I hope that makes sense.

Posted 10 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Em
This is great. I was hooked from start to finish. I love how honest and open you are being. I love the sarcasm you used. I loved that you are willing to talk about this so openly. This is just wonderful.

Posted 11 Years Ago


T. Val

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much Em
Honesty...it's not always pretty, but it's always an emotional journey. This was like a little window into your life, which I quite enjoyed peering through if only for a few breif minutes. I agree with Emmie, you should have sent this...if not for a reaction, for what it would have done to close the wound. Beautifully penned.

Posted 11 Years Ago


T. Val

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading, and I'm glad you enjoyed this.
WoW. You're so honest and open, I really admire that. :) Excellent and emotional letter, great work!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


T. Val

11 Years Ago

Very sweet of you to say. Thanks so much.
Thank you for being brave enough to share this. I get the feeling that this is a very personal letter. You have a very self reflective style, which works in this letter. It also seemed to be a bit agressive. I've personally never been very good at letter writing as there always seems to be too much you want to say to the person you're writing to.

Posted 11 Years Ago


T. Val

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading N.S.
The last two lines almost kept me from commending you on the strength I know it took to write this. Thank you for such a personal and profound glimpse into your sacred spot.

Posted 11 Years Ago


T. Val

11 Years Ago

Thank you for reading.
. "Do you remember that endless night we shared together on the floor of your bathroom because I was too afraid to leave you alone? Even that night wasn't severe enough to stop you from spitting obscenities at me when all I was trying to do was take care of you."
 
That part made me really sad and I could clearly imagine the whole scenario. Overall I love the writing, thiis letter is really moving and I really feel for you but, look at it this way in the end everything happens for a reason and happiness will always come back. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


T. Val

11 Years Ago

Thanks for the kind words Rotena
I would say you shouldn't send it if it's been four years and you're not friends. I think this is more toward writing than writing to her. Since I am a girl hated by a lot of people, I'm not into the whole hating girls thing. Because I just hate guys too much. However, this is good writing. And, just to add, I took the time to read all the other reviews to catch up.

Posted 11 Years Ago


T. Val

11 Years Ago

Thank you for taking the time Amanda

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1492 Views
48 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 19, 2013
Last Updated on February 25, 2013
Tags: letter, note, sad, non-fiction, wonder, mystery, questions, love, hate

Author

T. Val
T. Val

Lawngylnd, NY



About
I've been writing on and off since high school for personal pleasure. I love music and quotes with a strong meaning or a deep/sad meaning behind it. 27 year old male from Long Island New York. I .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..