Now... You Are Gone

Now... You Are Gone

A Poem by anne p. murray- LadeeAnne
"

Memories of my beloved; You and Me and The Way We Were

"


I’ll remember you always and forever and into eternity. Holding forever the memories of you, of me, of us, deep within my heart.


And in the years to come, in those cherished moments when I hear the echoes of your voice, I’ll remember all the sweet names you called me. The little notes we’d leave for one another...I’ll recall the gift of love we shared.

 

We loved the best we could amidst the pain and  sorrow, time and life dealt us. Amongst the throes of your painful addictions. Sadly now…you are gone.

 

I laid a single, red rose upon your casket. I watched them lower your lifeless body into the cold November ground, my heart breaking with every shovel of earth that fell upon that black, steel box, trying to hold back the tears, as my throat grew tighter and tighter in my aching chest.

 

A part of me died the day you left this world. I cried because you were gone. The many tears that were wept for all the lost chances we had to love one another, beautiful, strong... with glory. It  was hard loving you, because of all your addictions. But I tried and tried... regardless. I was with you to the end, when no one else would stand by you. When no one else was there …I was. Even when you didn’t want me to be there, because you were so sick in body and mind.


God, I wish I could hear your voice just one more time. I wish I could tell you just how much I really did love you. Please come to me in my dreams some night, some time. Hold me in your arms and call me your “Baby Girl”... just one more time.

 

And so…

My heart goes on, occasionally stirring up dusty, sweet memories and dreams of our smiling faces,

of you and me…

               And the way we were.

 

"P.S . He did contact me when I was in the hospital last month read my story

“The Mysterious Phone Call ~My Dance With Death”

http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/ladeeanne/777051/


In Memory of my Rick ..11/ 11/ 1947 ~ 9/27/2009


LadeeAnne

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2011 anne p. murray- LadeeAnne


Author's Note

anne p. murray- LadeeAnne
I lost my beloved in November of 2009. This is in memory of him...My Rick.
Don't be sad if you read this...just try to remember in the twinkling of an eye, life can change abruptly. My 26 yr. old nephew was killed in a car accident April 14th.
If you read this, take with you the message I want to give; Treat your loved ones with all the love, respect and kindness they and we all deserve. Tomorrow is unpredictable.

Love
Anne

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You words are true. Take heartache to understand to enjoy every moment with family and friends. Never easy to say good bye to a special person in a life. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


i am profoundly touched by this heartfelt and beautiful piece of writing. i will heed your strong advice about cherishing loved ones, even though i already know of the creed you set by example. i am truly, deeply moved. gorgeous write...

Posted 12 Years Ago


What a beautiful celebration of life, Ladee Anne! As you know you are always in my prayers and heart! Such a beautiful tribute to your beloved...I actually felt your love, which was enhanced by the stunning pictures! You have reminded me that tomorrow has not been decided and not to take today for granted! Love this and you!

Posted 12 Years Ago


incredible writing! i love this one and picture is really striking as well

Posted 12 Years Ago



Pleasantly rich in sentimental remembrances of someone never to be forgotten. A nice tribute to the power of unending devotion...

Nicely done...

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is so painful to read but the emotion makes it so poignant I wish you peace

Posted 12 Years Ago


Heartfelt and poignant. The poem really pulls and strums the heartstrings. This is how I would feel if I lost my lady.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

596 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 3, 2011
Last Updated on August 24, 2011

Author

anne p. murray- LadeeAnne
anne p. murray- LadeeAnne

Birmingham, AL



About
I'm not an extraordinary woman, simply put... I'm just a normal, ordinary one. In my private life I am gingerly cautious with the people I meet, but fearless in the words I write. Not an extrove.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


dear mom dear mom

A Poem by quinfinn


Temptation Temptation

A Poem by LA Lorena