Unspoken Words

Unspoken Words

A Poem by Lauren Xena Campbell

Every time you speak to me, your words bring me pain,

Like an unattended flame, your words burn deeper everyday,

Cats claw, and scream at one another, yet you just speak so softly.

 

Just put me in my coffin and hold your tongue!

 

Whisper no more in my range, words that cut my every vein,

Vile and sullen I can take but not one more syllable of your hate,

Putrid dislike for my look, rancid contempt for thoughts. 

 

Every time you speak to me, your words bring me pain.

 

© 2008 Lauren Xena Campbell


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very sad when we are on the receiving end of someone who belittles and is nasty.........words can be so cruel and painful...........your descriptions of rather being in a coffin instead of hearing one more word are so
sad............i hope this is not an account of how you feel..........
alot of emotion and pain in vivid words.

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Evocative. Words like putrid, rancid, vile - not only pain but decomposition and decay.

You revoke that which we recited in our youth - "sticks and stones may break our bones, but names (words) will never hurt me". It's not so, is it? Words can wound deeply. And your piece describes this in dark but potent tones.

Nice.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very good poem. i especially liked the use of contrasting ideas in this line: "Cats claw, and scream at one another, yet you just speak so softly."

i just felt it ended too soon. Readinf it out aloud when I start to really get into it and feel the words it's nearly over.

Great write none the less


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well stated. Only only problem. Vial should be vile.



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Every time you speak to me, your words bring me pain."

Awe, words are the worst kind of hurt. You made this poem with alot of heart, but very powerful.
Words hurt and yet they come out of peoples muth like it's no big deal

Great poem

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very unconventional piece. Nice, short, and very upfront, but not what I'm looking for in the contest. Thank you for your entry into the Any and All Poetry Contest.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The poem's well declared by a patient heart.I like it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very beautiful peice and very sad

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Incredible job.
I just recently finished reading the book "Interview With The Vampire" and this poems reminds me of a particular scene in the book (the reference to the coffin helped there), but the metaphoric use of the term was also done magnificently.
I think this poem really shows it's message well and is very well crafted.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice job here of demonstrating a thought coming full circle (book-ending using the first and last line).
You've done well with the subtle rhyming too "pain"..."every day", "vein"..."hate". Good use of emotive language and morbid imagery to convey the narrator's despair and hurt in this piece.
The lay-out works well too.

If if this is an account of personal experience, I hope it's got better.
Thanks for posting this.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I like it..I truely understand what u mean and I can compare this is somthing in my life...which is what poems are supposed to do! i like it alot....

-BB

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

479 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 6, 2008
Last Updated on April 2, 2008

Author

Lauren Xena Campbell
Lauren Xena Campbell

Somewhere on the edge of the imagination



About
Dreams are not made to be broken, but are created in the heart to write destiny! I've always loved making up stories and putting words down onto paper, despite the fact that I only really learnt to.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~NEVER~ ~NEVER~

A Poem by IMOGEAN