Empty Words

Empty Words

A Story by Carly Ithilhin
"

My view on religion.

"
Empty words, that's all they were. No substance behind the melody to my tongue, as fake as my own conviction to this disgusting life we all live. My feeling dies as these thoughts meet parchment. My soul wavers beneath the weight of deceit, the fraud of man. My mind wistful at the sick humor it all, the irony that diseases my mind. How could one deceive thyself in such a manner? Going against its very nature, or perhaps its own pretentious humor has devoured all light from this dark world. Even their sacred word they defile with false promises to false Gods. Could they even be filling their own heads with these empty words? I scoff at them as I see them, upon their knees, begin for a forgiveness they believe so swift to come. If justice matters, as they say, then why should they be forgiven? No, they should not. This disturbs and amuses me, the hypocrisy of their very basis of life. The foundations of their society all empty words! How their faces would fall, filled with horror when their blind eyes see their grave mistake. Demons they are! The demons they seek to escape is they themselves. The very spirit of their humanity the being of evil. No hope for this twisted humanity resides in my soul. My passion is now their opposition. I, alone, have seen the true light of this never ending night. 

© 2011 Carly Ithilhin


Author's Note

Carly Ithilhin
FULL OPINION... By the way, this is my opinion. Don't troll. You can have your own and state yours, if you do so in a mature and adult manner.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Not only do I agree with this, but this is probably one of the most poetic things you have written. An awful lot of judgment, yes. But, I am the same way. Did you know there is a Church group at our SCHOOL? LOL. It's ridiculous to me. It's nice to be passionate about something, but when you are bringing it to schools, thats most stupid. What if there are students who are Pagan, A Wicca, Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu, Atheist, Agnostic? Many more. You don't see them spreading Buddha's pride around, it's a bunch of tomfoolery our school needs to look into. I have friends that get offended by that "Club".
Excuse my rant.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yeah, this is what I like to call my "fury writings".

Posted 12 Years Ago


There is a lot of judgement in this, but hey, maybe the demons were thinking the same things about you huh? There are some grammar details that are iffy, but overall i thought this was quite good. Lots of good ideas, like i've read in most of your stories.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I tell you one thing my friend,though i dont agree with lots of thoughts here..
i admire the way you write yourself,how true you analyse life,stupid life
the way you go about it is very honest and poetic
lovely write..

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 14, 2011
Last Updated on August 14, 2011

Author

Carly Ithilhin
Carly Ithilhin

Placerville, CA



About
Greetings, fellow writers. My name is Carly, obviously. I'm fourteen years old, but does that really matter? I'm most likely more talented than you're expecting. I focus mainly on fantasy and psychol.. more..

Writing