Stain

Stain

A Story by Carly Ithilhin
"

An insight... However unwanted it is.

"
And there they were. Like a stain of aged wine on the pure white of some blushing maiden's dress. So... Noticeable. It was as if all sound had suddenly been removed to some other dimension upon the speaking of those dreaded words. Silence seeped into the void between them, an uncomfortable one. The expression on her face said everything she could not. The lack of sound was so loud, it filled my ears with a terrible ringing, leaving me in gut-wrenching pain. 
How could I be so foolish? 
How could I reveal myself to her? There was no taking it back now, no way I could ever, ever erase the raw power of my words. No, no! Not words. Not even words. Sounds so pure, so beautifully true could not be called by the same name of the poison of the tongue my people inject each other with on a daily basis! No webs came with this one. No false weaving's confined my feelings, for those were so magically right. And now... And now!!! 
My thoughts, laid bare for the first time ever, were in her grasp! I saw the realization in those beady, horrid eyes, oh how nasty they were! I hated that color... The color everyone so cherished. I thought it was ugly. A genetic mutation. Not a rarity, not something to be praised! She knew she could use them. 
I had finally found words to narrate the hell I suffered through on a daily basis. Color to paint the meaningless void, an enlightenment that may just save me if I try hard enough. And now she was going to use them on me, use them to explain her own perfect, fairy tale life. How I hated her for it. That sick, conniving monster. 
Is it my destiny to take on the burden of others? To have every false hope diminished, crushed and blown away like dust in the wind. I am done with all this madness... I am no longer going to try to understand the chaos society  expects us to perceive as normal... A retreat into myself... Why, this could be interesting. 

© 2011 Carly Ithilhin


Author's Note

Carly Ithilhin
Uh... Yeah. I'm an angry person.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Who? I wrote about the thing that gave birth to me and just Monday night.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I can guess who this is about, but I also don't have a clue. When did you write this? I really like it though. It paints a great image in the readers mind and you can feel the emotions. Yayyyy! Good job!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 10, 2011
Last Updated on October 10, 2011

Author

Carly Ithilhin
Carly Ithilhin

Placerville, CA



About
Greetings, fellow writers. My name is Carly, obviously. I'm fourteen years old, but does that really matter? I'm most likely more talented than you're expecting. I focus mainly on fantasy and psychol.. more..

Writing