Hard Heart

Hard Heart

A Poem by Darl1ng N1kk1
"

Another sort of stream of consciousness "poem." Not sure if that's what it really is, but this site always wants us to label everything we post.

"

Why do we do this to ourselves?  Why do we wait idly for that one perfect lover?  No one’s perfect, and those who come anywhere near are far and few.  Why don’t we just grab on to someone in the meantime, to suppress those oppressive urges?  We all need someone to touch, to care for us, lest we become cold and hard.  There are some who can do this freely; they feel no guilt.  But I could not do it; my heart would not survive.  I could not attach myself to someone only to be pulled away.  My heart would be stretched to its limit and eventually snap.  For those who can withstand the exercise, enjoy yourselves.  As for me, I must try to be patient, and try to ward off the callousness that threatens to consume me.

© 2011 Darl1ng N1kk1


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

What you've shared, so deeply honest yet hard to hold, truly confesses the painful recollections of so many... those holding out for their soul mate... hoping beyond hope for that fulfillment of a dream. Why do we do this to ourselves? I wonder...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can feel the break of the heart in this.
Your emotions are very well presented in this.
Nicely written.


Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 2, 2011
Last Updated on February 2, 2011


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..