Preface

Preface

A Chapter by Laura
"

This isn't a chapter it is just the preface of my book.

"


 Preface

 

This shouldn’t come as a surprise to me; the two of us never saw eye to eye. Losing the one you love leaves a scar, an invisible one but a scar none the less. She believes she is doing what’s right. She believes what I am doing is wrong...and must end. As I looked out across the mountains, I knew what was coming; my death was on the horizon beckoning me to come.

 



© 2013 Laura


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

********************************************************************************** All Stars ********
Me, I would immediately associate this. To the Title of your story Karen.
...Knights...
In comparrison, even this small aspect. Creates question and, for a short introduction. It leaves a lot of room for varied interpretation. Yes, I would say this prologue has sufficiant impact. To have me turn the page and seek some engaged answers, I did experience. That's a definate plus.

The 'gage' might be. Just when the mystique or, for example. Plural inuendo [ ? ]... is forthrightly, presented, or maybe. Insinuated! There are many ways to play on the rate, that interest & intrigues... are staged. If they are right off the hammer addressed, is one way. Cool, my favourite... is despirsed, through out the work. Maybe even a hint at the major twist, in a plot crusendo. For the reader to be drawn back to the beginning and be awed.
A great prologue, or as you put it here a preface. Is never, 'just, a prologue'... it is a short and a plotting, unto itself. I like this starting and will read, onto further chapters
With interest.
Write On / Right On! Romon in Review, peace.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great beginning, really pulls you in with the names, and thought of death. Makes me curious to see what kind of creature the narrator is. Alas, with that said, I'm not a big fan of the font choice.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


Dramatic and certainly leaves you wanting to read more. I like how you mention specific names, I want to know who these people are, good hook. Also, that fact that she says, “Human boy…” makes me wonder who and what she is exactly. However, I felt that the piece needed a few grammatical adjustments--just my opinion. All in all good work.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


This a well executed preface. It doesn't bog one down with too many details right out of the gate. The opening line is certainly a grabber, and in the short paragraph you already have me curious to read more. i like the fact you present many questions here for our curiosity. who's the boy? what about Matt, Summer, and Sebastian? and just who is the narrator and what did they do? Can't wait to read more.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very simple but yet amazingly worded preface, it made me want to read another chapter. :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very intriguing and almost thrilling preface, it made me want to read what happens. Good job. :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


I agree with Matthews Reggie. It's good, induces curiousity, and makes the reader assume many things which is always best for a twist later on. =P

Also don't forget the comma after 'Summer'.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


good, makes the reader curious

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

480 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 19, 2010
Last Updated on March 31, 2013
Tags: Knight, Vampires, Death
Previous Versions


Author

Laura
Laura

United Kingdom



About
I'm Laura and I joined when I was 13, I haven't really used this a lot over the past couple of years but am starting again. I am 17 now and I enjoy most genres when it comes to books, particularly fan.. more..

Writing
Reflection Reflection

A Poem by Laura


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Laura


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Laura