Cruel Fate

Cruel Fate

A Chapter by Dark and Mysterious

    You know how when a new guy enters your school and you hate him but your cruel fate has a weird sense of humor and you end up with showing him around plus having him in all your classes? Well I can, not exactly happily but just report my cruel fate didn’t have that weird sense of humor. The problem was in the select classes we had together I was the only one without a partner. So I was really annoyed when in English he spotted me sitting alone or uh...sprawled on the seat and the disgusted look I gave him but still had the nerve to come up make me actually sit like with my feet down and back straight down and all and then take a seat beside me. I mean didn’t the guy have any sense of dignity! He actually smiled at me as if to say everything is cool which it so totally wasn’t. And remember the thoughts and vibes I got from him earlier? Well you can’t imagine how loud they were when he was right next to me. I couldn’t even drown him out because that was exactly the moment the ghosts decide to abandon me. They were all like, You’re sane? No problem we come to the rescue. You’re getting insane and the situation you’re in is worse than tolerating us? Sure we’ll leave. I think I must be sending him ‘You’re the plague, stay away from me’ vibes but he sure didn’t get them because he had the nerve to open his mouth obviously to talk to me. Again. Did I mention the other two times I practically spat on his face when he talked to me? ‘Cause seriously dude AGAIN!! How many times do I insult you! But this time I couldn’t really say anything because all he said was, “Hey can you tell me what we’ve been doing in this class?”

 

Suddenly it struck me, how did the guy get in mid-session? Was he the son of some high-end maniac? Maybe he was just trying to make conversation the other time and I was being paranoid. But what about the alarm bells? Anyway how to answer that...I had been sleeping in class.  So I said, “Do you really expect me to care to know what lame thing we’ve been studying?”

 

His mouth twitched up, trying to hide a smile. I was still tired. My day and night pattern was reversed. Didn’t he know that? Of course he didn’t. Sigh. But he was sure wondering about me. Okay rain check. Was I interesting? Um… no. Insanely sexy or beautiful? Don’t think so. Good to him? Not at all. Appealing in any way? Nuh-uh. Then what the hell was he up to?

 

“Who is this fat-a*s anyway?

He was pointing to the English teacher. Just trying to make conversation but I was not in the mood nor did I know who the hell he was anyway. So I decided not to answer. He kept looking at me waiting. After a while when he realized I wasn’t going to answer he said, “Don’t talk much?”

 

This was it. “Stalk much?”

 

“Ouch. Just making conversation?”

 

And that’s what did it and all hell broke loose. I turned toward him and said, “Look I really don’t need you to be all sweet to me. I don’t care if you’re just trying to make little talk but if you’re trying to fit in here, you better stay away from me. If you’re really concerned about your studies and stuff ask someone else ‘cause the only reason I come here is to get some sleep which you’re so clearly not letting me have.” Then with a not so sweet smile I added, “So if you would just remove your butt from here, I would really appreciate it. Oh and by the way welcome, hope you enjoy here.” With that I got up gave him a look and started to head out but couldn’t help take a last glance at his startled expression. I almost felt sorry for him. Almost. “Don’t worry kiddo, the rest aren’t like me, you’ll be just fine.” I said over my shoulder.

 

There. That should keep him off, I hope. There’s only so much insult could a person take, right? I didn’t need any attention.  I was being in the shadows for a while. The irony isn’t lost on me. But hey the ‘shadows’ weren’t anywhere to be seen. Guess they got bored too. So for once I was not concentrating hard to walk down the hallway so I was pretty startled when someone grabbed my hand and pulled me aside.

 

“Hey!”  I said, ready to strike. Then I saw it was only Sam. So much for being alone.

 

“Heard new guy’s giving you trouble,” he asked with one brow raised. Another interrogation. Sigh.

 

“Yeah? I thought I was giving him trouble not being warm and welcoming and all...”

 

He sighed. “Well I heard he sat on your se…um..bed during English. Bound to get some trouble. Though I clearly remember last time that happened you kicked the guy right off the seat. Guess this one had much better luck.”

 

Well I would’ve kicked him but I didn’t really want to touch him. If he sent alarm bells ringing just from a feet away then I wouldn’t really want t o make contact and knowingly hurt my head. I had enough headaches to add another one.

 

“Yeah it was his lucky day, getting insulted in front of the whole class. What do you want Sam?”

 

He gave me a shocked expression. “What do I want? Can’t I even talk to you anymore?”

 

“I think I made it pretty clear Sam. I want to be pathetic and lonely. I don’t need anyone okay. Don’t ask why ‘cause even I don’t get it. I’m crazy all right. Please.” That was very cruel of me. After all he’d done for me I just threw it in his face. But he was safer without me. He didn’t know how cruel I was. The horrors I had done, I could do. So I kept on a straight face. Even when he looked like I might have just slapped him.

 

“Fine,” he said curtly and walked away.

 

Well that’s that. I know what you must be thinking that I was a b***h. That how could I not feel even a little bit sad of seeing him go. But that’s the thing I don’t feel. When you’re evil you stop caring or you can’t go on with the killing anymore. You heard right I’m evil, I was born this way and there’s a lot you don’t know about me. A lot I don’t know about me. So you can see why it’s wiser to stay away. I might have just saved Sam’s life.

 

“Hey.”

 

But there was someone who clearly didn’t get the message.

 

“Alec...” He held up a hand, looking stern.

 

“Let me finish. Look I don’t know what your problem is but I was just trying to be friendly. But some people are so into themselves they think everything is about them. It may come as a shock to you but the world doesn’t revolve around you.” Then he added with the same not so sweet smile I had given him, “Oh and thanks for the hospitality.”

 

I narrowed my eyes at him. “You mean hostility.”

 

“Whatever you think dear,” he too narrowed his eyes.

 

He was copying me. Well two could play the game.

 

Nobody ever stood up to me like this before. In my face! In the hallway! Everyone was staring at us waiting for me to strike. So much for being the shadow. My hands were already balled into fists and I was sure gonna punch him. But then I heard his taunting thought, ‘C’mon hit me you know you want to.’ I wasn’t going to give him the satisfaction. I took a deep breath and smiled innocently up at him, “I think you didn’t get the message dear.” I almost spat the word. “Let me translate. What I meant was I am hostile. Back off before I bite! Not I think you’re into me and I’m way past you. But if you think that then fine. Some people are so into themselves, they think everything is about them. It may come as a shock to you but the world doesn’t revolve around anyone. Either way stay away from me and you’ll be fine.”

 

I said those words with sugar dripping down my mouth and a fake smile plastered to my face in a low voice. The others didn’t hear the threat. They weren’t sure if I was kicking his a*s or saying we got off the wrong foot. I had surprised him again that I could clearly see on his face. Well if he was a piece of work then I was double the price. He had just made sure that I wasn’t going to leave him alone. He would take a lot of figuring up to do. I knew he was some kind of threat and now he had made sure I needed to dig in. this time I wasn’t going to back away. I stared him down while he got over the shock. High-end prince. Thought the world was on his toes. The ghosts had given me a lot of practice to see things that weren’t there. So while my eye balls were staring right at his, what I was seeing was something else. It’s like sometimes you’re deep in thought and you not really aware of your surroundings until someone snaps you back to reality. Well I could do that at will. Be lost somewhere else.

 

The crowd scooted away and so then so did he lost on what to say. I had a mystery on hand ‘mission  Alec..um’ What was his last name anyway? He really would need some figuring out to do. What an interesting turn of events. New guy having the nerve to spat on my face. What I didn’t know this was just a start of all the interesting conversations Alec and I were going to have. Guess my fate had more games to play.



© 2014 Dark and Mysterious


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Fate truly is evil. Trust me. Read my blog. You'll see how evil fate can be...
Anyway, good chapter. I know exactly how the main character feels, being evil - ish. . . >XD
Keep up the good work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow. This is going to be one ride im excited for. She is becoming more and more like my mother too so this will be interesting to see.

Posted 11 Years Ago


OOO!! Some one stood up to her! Can't wait to find out what happens next!!!!
Loved it!! ^^

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dark and Mysterious

11 Years Ago

ty
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Np :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

269 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 28, 2012
Last Updated on March 15, 2014


Author

Dark and Mysterious
Dark and Mysterious

Delhi, India



About
wanna know me?? good luck with that ;) more..

Writing