Allies

Allies

A Chapter by Dark and Mysterious

 

The guy really was a mystery. Hours of hacking hadn’t got me anywhere. It was like the guy had come out of thin air. There was nothing on him that I could find. Past history, family, residence, absolutely nothing. The school records just were blank. I couldn’t even find his last name. There was something really wrong here. If I had to fish out something I had to go to the source. That meant another encounter with the full of himself high-end prince. Though I didn’t even know if he came from money or just considered himself perfect. Maybe both. I could go to one other person for help and he’s most likely to make me regret it…

 

“Jake.”

 

“Hey princess. I heard you dumped Sam for the new guy. Can I compete for the spot too?”

 

Instant  regret.

 

“Shut up kiddo. Who told you that crap? To make it pretty clear I never had a boyfriend nor do I plan on getting one. And don’t you ever dare call me princess.”

 

“Okay devil. Don’t get all angry on me. You know you scare me. Even if there’s ever a vacant spot, don’t ever count me in. I couldn’t  live with you, I’d die of a heart attack. Anyway what brings you to me?”

 

“I need information…On Alec.”

 

“Ooh someone’s interested in hot stuff. I’m at your service monstress. Though you could’ve dug up yourself.”

 

“Good. And no I’m not interested in him but he seems a bit suspicious and I did my research and came up totally blank which just added fuel to the fire.”

 

“And now you need my skills. Don’t worry. Your work would be done. I heard about yesterday. You must be pretty desperate to bring him down.”

 

“Mind your own business shortie.”

 

He narrowed his eyes. “Ok princess.”

 

“Stop cal…” He cut me off.

 

“You could stop too you know. I maybe short but I’ll grow up any day now while you’ll be stuck at 5”6 forever.”

 

Ouch. Little boy got hurt. “Fine Jake.” I said with effort. “Be as coy as you can.”

 

“Right away D. Got work to do,” he said with a wink and scurried away. There was no way you could talk to Jake and not smile. I shook my head as I walked away. Someday maybe I’ll smile again. That perfect smile that lights up your face and touches your eyes…as for Alec it wasn’t the fact that he stood up to me that bothered me. That was long overdue. It was that he had the guts. Usually people just shied away from me. Minding their own business while I minded mine. They thought of consequences but he just reacted. I was intrigued. He was different and I just needed to find out how.

 

I was walking lost in my own thoughts, not really seeing where I was going (the ghosts had started giving me a lot of space these days), so I didn’t really notice the guy and the girl in the corner with their tongues down each others’ throat and when I did I was barely at a feet’s distance from then and I was even more surprised when I realized who they were. Alec and Amber. Quickly I hid behind a locker and watched. The sight was disgusting but I felt like I needed to watch this. Eww! Why! Then as I was about to scoot away, Alec lifted up his head. Though his back was to me but I could still see Amber’s face. I saw as he lowered his gaze to her, how the look on her face became mesmerized, how her eyes seemed lost and dreamy and I saw the look of wonder on her face, so familiar, I had seen it only a hundred times on my victims. I stood there open-mouthed as the light faded from her eyes, as she became cold and distant. I saw Alec’s smile of satisfaction as he left her slumped on the ground and walked away. Still I did nothing just went off in the other direction, dazed by what I had just seen. She wasn’t dead after all.

 

I had always wondered if there were others like me but now that I had found one I wasn’t sure what to do. I couldn’t exactly scream at him because I was no better, I had the life of many people locked in my eyes. I had seen them crumple in front of me, fading ever so light. I had never stopped to see what became of them. I was too ashamed but I couldn’t stop my hunger, my need but I made pretty sure I didn’t kill any. The worse thing was I never felt any remorse or guilt at what I did. I found every person selfish and despicable. I felt I was doing them good feeding on the darkest parts of their souls. The only people I killed were the ones who were already dead, the ghosts and I did that on a regular basis. That’s what I spent my nights doing. Something to control my need. I felt useless otherwise. As if I had some greater mission and I was doing nothing about it. Ironic, I know. But right now it was time to get some answers. So when I saw the dark brown head pass me by, I didn’t hesitate. I snatched his arm and pulled him into the corner. As predicted, touching him was worse than being near to him. I could hear the ‘What the hell’ real loud in my head. So I let go and faced him. He raised an eyebrow, waiting for an explanation. Without thinking I blurted out, “What’s your last name?”

 

He blinked making sure I asked what I asked.

 

“Seriously! After saying you don’t want to talk and blowing me off every chance you get now you want to know my last name when hello I don’t even know your name!”

 

I narrowed my eyes. He sure knew my name by know. If he wanted me to be civil pissing me off wasn’t a smart move. “Well I think you must know my name by know. What after yesterday. You must have been a little curious,” I accused. “‘Sides I was and guess what I found. Nothing! Totally nothing. No past references, no parents, no residence, not even a last name. It’s like you came out of thin air. I was just a tad bit suspicious. How do I know for sure your name is Alec!”

 

“So now I have a stalker on me.” He didn’t seem thrown off or even baffled by my accusations. He didn’t deny anything rather he accused me right back. He really was something else.

 

“Who are you?” I asked him softly, looking up in his eyes, trying to find everything hidden in there. It was useless, my contacts did a pretty good job to block my sight. Ironic right? ‘Sides he was blocking me out, I could sense it.

 

“I’m not answerable to you.” He whispered, his expression determined.

 

“Then you’ll be answerable to the police.” I said without thinking, I was bluffing of course there was nothing I could explain to them without another trip to the asylum.

 

He looked amused as the very thought of the police was hilarious. “You have nothing on me.”

 

“Exactly.”

 

He tried a different approach. He looked around made sure no one was listening and gave me a troubled look. Finally he let out a breath and said, “Look..um…Dew, actually I’m kind of…”

 

I held up a hand. “None of the s**t.  I want the truth. I saw you with Amber. I know what you are.” When actually I didn’t. I didn’t know what any of us were or if there were even any ‘any of us’, that’s what I need to find out. Who I was… Alec was a bit thrown off by that last part. He seemed confused. He was processing something. Then he stood up straighter determined and asked, “So you’re gonna fight me now?”

 

What? Why would I? Now I was really confused. Maybe he thought for hurting Amber? I couldn’t care less. “No. why would I? I’m no better.”

 

He seemed even more confused and took a long moment before he nodded. Then he said, “Come with me.”

 

I followed him out to the parking lot. He was in deep thought the whole way. Maybe thinking what to say. What if he was alone and confused like me? What if he wanted answers of his own? What if he didn’t know who I was? Of course he did, that was why he wanted to talk to me in the first place. He stopped in front of an Audi R8. He opened the door and got in. I got in the passenger seat.

 

“This is your car, seriously! I knew you were some high-end maniac.”

 

He looked ahead his expression tight. “It goes with my story. I knew you or someone was going to get suspicious so technically I’m a runaway, tired of being given everything on a silver spoon, wanting to experience small town life. I have resources. I can get all the fake ID and stuff arranged.” Then after a pause he said, “But I don’t have a last name. I’ve always been alone.”

 

He looked so sad anyone would have pitied him that is anyone except me. I still didn’t trust the guy. I wasn’t about to reveal how little I actually knew.

 

I nodded. “We can help each other. I know some stuff and you know some stuff. We could get along I guess.”

 

His face lit up with a soft smile. He extended one hand. “Friends?” he asked.

 

I looked at the extended hand for a while, he didn’t drop it. Sighing I shook it. “Allies,” I replied.



© 2014 Dark and Mysterious


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. Just wow. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Posted 11 Years Ago


ITS GETTING EXCITED!!!! I want to find out what happens next!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

314 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 7, 2012
Last Updated on March 15, 2014


Author

Dark and Mysterious
Dark and Mysterious

Delhi, India



About
wanna know me?? good luck with that ;) more..

Writing