Tiles

Tiles

A Story by Lamis


Driven by the urge to write, her hands are stained with ink..

Guilty of writing the words of a song..

She’s composed it on the road.

A song of a journey full of journeys it is!

It may occasionally rhyme, words change and fade with time.

There she goes walking on the tiles of life..

Jumping from white to white! Skipping the blacks?

But more colors have invaded the floor she’s always hopped upon.

Now what?!

Appealing they are but a source of confusion!

Their beauty makes them dangerous, a risk she’ll have to take..

She’ll have to paint, she’ll have to lay her bare feet upon those colors and see how they feel.

They may sting!

They may even crumble beneath her feet.   But she has to walk.

She has to walk!

She has to walk.

© 2013 Lamis


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

"It may occasionally rhyme, words change and fade with time" This is clever, I really like how you made the line rhyme.
"Appealing they are but a source of confusion!" There should be a comma or some sort of punctuation after 'appealing' because take that out of context and it's not a proper sentence. (of course it's poetry you can give grammar the bird haha)
I love the meaning behind this poem. I took from it that it is about a girl doing the same thing going through life in her comfort zone but then she opens her eyes and as she gets older and 'grows up' so to speak she sees all these new choice and opportunities that she wants to try. In love, job, friends etc and even though she's scared things might not work out she going to try anyways!
It's an inspiring story and you tell it through a beautiful metaphor. I love it! Great work :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lamis

10 Years Ago

Imara :) I didn't see your review for some reasons and just ran into it accidently. Thank you so muc.. read more
Imara

10 Years Ago

You're welcome :) Poetry is meant for interpretation. I'm glad to help a fellow writer any way I can.. read more
A very insightful commentary on the fact that life's choices are not always black and white.
Perhaps her song will be her outlet for the confusion she labors under?

You left me wondering and I like that.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lamis

10 Years Ago

Thank you, I'm glad you liked that and youre right maybe her song will tell her wear to stand :) Tha.. read more
Fantasticles write Lamees! ^^

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lamis

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much, I'm super glad you liked it :)))))
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
"She’s composed it on the road.
A song of a journey full of journeys it is!"
Thank you for taking me on a amazing journey. I wanted to know more. The poem touched on many places and subjects. I like the above lines the best. I like the ending a lot. Thank you for the outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lamis

10 Years Ago

It's amazing how you're just online checking your e-mail and something as sweet as that hits you and.. read more
This was really good. I liked it. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lamis

10 Years Ago

I really appreciate your comment, I'm really glad you liked it! :D
Dark Rider

10 Years Ago

You're welcome. :)
Wow! This has such a powerful message! Wonderfully written. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lamis

10 Years Ago

Insanity writer, you have no idea how happy you've been making me today! Thank you so much!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

339 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 20, 2013
Last Updated on August 30, 2013

Author

Lamis
Lamis

Dresden, Muslim, Germany



About
I'm a soul that loves to stand out, loves to see things from different angles.. :) Life fascinates me with it's magical twists! I believe in magic.. The magic that lies within our God-given souls! .. more..

Writing
Finger tips Finger tips

A Story by Lamis


To Existence To Existence

A Story by Lamis



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..