Gravity

Gravity

A Story by Lamis



It was a moon-less night in a place they haven't yet named. It was me and a breeze of air that touched my hands reminding me that I haven't grown wings yet and even though I've nearly backpacked my way on every corner of the earth it seems that I'm still here on the planet of gravity where all dreams are pulled down to the place where all sweet lost things go, the shoe box where I kept my yesterday and promised it would be home for my tomorrow all down there with my mother's smile and the spark in her eyes and movie tickets that still smelled like popcorn. A pebble from every beach God created and the time I asked him for sunshine in a jar, he tried but I had to go, all the bus tickets I kept and the sketch that had nothing but every smile I met.  

Maybe you'll tell me there's no such thing as wings and maybe one day I'll grow them and leave the planet of gravity.

© 2013 Lamis


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautifully done. :) I loved the whole feel of this piece. ^_^

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lamis

10 Years Ago

I am so glad you liked it! :)))))) Thank you..
Eternal Wander-thirst on the surface , but a desire for salvation implied through metaphors. :) :) Loved it :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lamis

10 Years Ago

Thank you Anand. It pleases me that you enjoyed it :)))
All of us wish for a better place one day. I enjoyed the thoughts and logic of the words. Thank you for the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lamis

10 Years Ago

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for the sweet review. :)
This was an amazing piece Lamees! I'm so glad I can keep up with your writing now.
I loved the the flow of this especially after the shoebox...

"the shoe box where I kept my yesterday and promised it would be home for tomorrow.." -- Truly beautiful line.



Posted 10 Years Ago


Lamis

10 Years Ago

I'm truely flattered and honored :)))) It really means a lot. Thank you!!!
endo rush

10 Years Ago

...and to the planet of flight. As usual, very nice. :)
Lamis

10 Years Ago

Ohhh thank you thank you! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 29, 2013
Last Updated on August 30, 2013

Author

Lamis
Lamis

Dresden, Muslim, Germany



About
I'm a soul that loves to stand out, loves to see things from different angles.. :) Life fascinates me with it's magical twists! I believe in magic.. The magic that lies within our God-given souls! .. more..

Writing
Finger tips Finger tips

A Story by Lamis


To Existence To Existence

A Story by Lamis



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dear fate Dear fate

A Story by Lamis